Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HOMETOWN HIFI art show in LA !

Posted by seb_carayol 
HOMETOWN HIFI art show in LA !
March 21, 2014 05:57PM
For all the SoCal phorumers!

I curated that art show for Sonos Studios in Los Angeles that just launched last night!

Ting called HOMETOWN HIFI.

It features the functional Lick It Back sound system set (with King Tubby's Hometown Hifi original set's bass bin+ The wasp bass bin + Sir Harry's mids) and was played at opening to a great Jeremy Collingwood selection, a few artifacts celebrating the Jamaican appropriation/inventivity in the musical field, fine photography by Pekka Vuorinen ("Volcano revisited"winking smiley and Beth Lesser, a Dub Siren app demo, films and docs (rare and raw early dancehall footage, a preview of the "Box Haffi Build" documentary by the Dub-Stuy guys, "Musically Mad," "Babylon"...).

On April 5th we are having a dub mixing workshop with Scientist -its concept will be different and out there in the best way! More info to come... I'll post a few pictures here, too.

For address of gallery and hours, check the photo attached! Come if you are in the area!

Re: HOMETOWN HIFI art show in LA !
March 26, 2014 07:37AM
Thanks Seb! This was a really special, one of a kind event. Look forward to the pictures!
March 26, 2014 04:56PM
I hope to get down there by the 24th!

Respect Same Way
March 27, 2014 07:37PM
It features the functional Lick It Back sound system set (with King Tubby's Hometown Hifi original set's bass bin+ The wasp bass bin + Sir Harry's mids) and was played at opening to a great Jeremy Collingwood selection,
................................................................................................................
I would love to come by and see and HEAR this sound system in operation.

Are there some specific times and dates when this system will be played, if so, please post up the info.

Thanks
March 30, 2014 04:41PM
Hello
the sound was played on opening nite... but that should be it, as the owner went back to the UK. but the boxes are still here on display!
March 30, 2014 07:25PM
April 02, 2014 05:38PM
April 03, 2014 03:23PM
the video is good Seb. enjoying all your efforts with this, and enjoyed the other day with you and E, too.

and hey E what I'm too ugly for you to add my picture here?

catch up to you guys soon.
April 05, 2014 03:42AM
Special request -

April 06, 2014 07:07PM
haha nice, thanks man

was great to see that character again

i recorded a lot of music from him... our friend bigvein knows
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login