Event Info

Ages: All Ages
Doors Open: 8:00PM
Price: $27.50
Door Price: $30.00
Onsale: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 - 10:00AM PDT

Tickets:

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

Stephen Marley has been busy in the studio working on his album, Revelation PT.2 “The Fruit of Life” - The follow up to the Grammy award winning “ The Root of Life “ Stephen had planned to release the album this Fall and go on tour to promote the record. Unfortunately, the tour dates were announced before the album was complete. The release date of the album is now scheduled for February 2014 and Stephen will be touring after. Show rescheduled from November 15 to May 9, 2014. All tickets for previous show will be honored.
Re: Friday May 9 : Stephen "RAGGA" Marley with Jo Mersa, Wayne Marshall in SF
March 27, 2014 07:45PM
Rise!
March 29, 2014 10:16PM
Nice!!!! I was sayin after seein Common at the Regency SF last year that it would be a great venue for some quality reggae. Awesome!!!!!!
April 01, 2014 02:49PM

Friday May 9 : Stephen "RAGGA" Marley with Jo Mersa, Wayne Marshall

Stephen "RAGGA" Marley
with Jo Mersa, Wayne Marshall

Fri, May 9, 2014 - 9:00PM

Street: 1300 Van Ness Avenue
City/Town: San Francisco

Event Info

Ages: All Ages
Doors Open: 8:00PM
Price: $27.50
Door Price: $30.00
Onsale: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 - 10:00AM PDT

Tickets:

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS

Stephen Marley has been busy in the studio working on his album, Revelation PT.2 “The Fruit of Life” - The follow up to the Grammy award winning “ The Root of Life “ Stephen had planned to release the album this Fall and go on tour to promote the record. Unfortunately, the tour dates were announced before the album was complete. The release date of the album is now scheduled for February 2014 and Stephen will be touring after. Show rescheduled from November 15 to May 9, 2014. All tickets for previous show will be honored.
April 17, 2014 03:30PM
rise
May 08, 2014 05:52PM
Tomorrow night

Tickets:
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS
May 08, 2014 07:14PM
Saw him last night here in Portland.

Jo Mensa was really cool. Bob Marley's grandson has definitely inherited talent from his dad and granddad, but has a very different vocal style from any of the other Marley boys. I predict big things for him.

I never remembered being that impressed with Wayne Marshall and last night reminded me why.

Stephen was in good form. He is really a creative musician in his own right and kept the Portland massive jumping all night. My only criticism would be that he leaned a little too much on Bob's material. Something that a lot of artists who are associated with Bob tend to do.

One thing I really give kudos to the promoters for is not tacking on a bunch of mediocre opening acts. Just relying on the Ghetto Youth Crew meant the show was over at midnight and I could still catch the bus home. I'm sure many others who had to work today appreciated that as well.
May 08, 2014 08:02PM
Thanks for the headsup Jah Mike.I'm going to the show tommorrow in SF.Will be looking for you at next months Festival,I still got some of that tilkillya !!
May 08, 2014 09:23PM
Jo Mersa just deejays right? Or does he sing a little?
May 08, 2014 11:10PM
akee123
Jo Mersa just deejays right? Or does he sing a little?

He was singing a lot more than this past summer and sounded pretty good. I disagree with Jah Mike and thought Wayne Marshall sounded great, would love to see a full set from him. Spragga comes out for a couple songs also.

Great show as always.
May 08, 2014 11:45PM
May 09, 2014 12:03AM
Set list consisted of 18 songs, including encore. 4 of those songs were his dads songs. How is that leaning on his dad's music. He wouldn't be a Marley if he didn't do some of his dads stuff. Now if he did 10 Bob songs out of the 18, then I would agree. Both the Seattle and Portland shows were awesome.
May 09, 2014 01:16AM
wickeddread
Set list consisted of 18 songs, including encore. 4 of those songs were his dads songs. How is that leaning on his dad's music. He wouldn't be a Marley if he didn't do some of his dads stuff. Now if he did 10 Bob songs out of the 18, then I would agree. Both the Seattle and Portland shows were awesome.

Thank you. I now look forward to the show again.
May 09, 2014 02:45AM
wickeddread

18 songs? Are you counting the opening acts? It didn't seem like Stephen did 18 songs himself.
May 09, 2014 06:32AM
spliffp

He was singing a lot more than this past summer and sounded pretty good. I disagree with Jah Mike and thought Wayne Marshall sounded great, would love to see a full set from him. Spragga comes out for a couple songs also.

Great show as always.

To true trigga trigga true..... Woooooohhwoooooo. Wayne Marshall !
Lots of big tunes! Saw him at sumfest 03 when he was on toppa things in yard. Hoping for at least a solid 20-30 minute opening set for him tomorrow. Truuuuuuoooooohhhhhhooooohhhhoooooohhhh
Roy
May 09, 2014 12:58PM
I have the set list from the show in Providence, RI a couple weeks ago. Yes, 18 songs (4 of which were by Bob).

I am also expecting great things from Jo Mersa.
May 09, 2014 02:28PM
Tonight! Hope to see some folks from the board in the house!!!!
May 10, 2014 12:52AM
So do you all think 10:00 is a good time to show up?drinking smiley
May 10, 2014 11:54AM
Roy...how was Providence show?
Roy
May 12, 2014 12:54PM
The show in Providence was off the hook. Great set list, great backing band, good opening acts, and a nice vibe in the house.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login