How to bring your yout' and fulljoy yourself
March 27, 2014 01:51AM
Alright veterans...I can't wait for the festival this summer, line-up is killer. Planning to bring the queen and yout' who will be 7-8 months old. We're staying at a hotel in ukiah so we'll be comfy at night. I've seen plenty of fam with babies at the fest...some more successful than others. To be comfortable, safe and not have to bail on shows, how do you recommend being most prepared? Give thanks!
Re: How to bring your yout' and fulljoy yourself
March 27, 2014 04:03AM
Ear protection
portable shade
either stroller or red wagon
day and night ready (hot/cold and sleep)
patience
March 27, 2014 04:43AM
We found that hanging out with a small tent, set up in the back half of the field, is crucial for attending with babies, especially after it gets dark. Establishes a reasonably solid base camp that anybody in the crew can catch a nap in, and greatly reduces the many worries about the kiddos when the lights go down and the crowd gets lit.
Cheers.
March 27, 2014 12:03PM
March 27, 2014 06:41PM
Nice one, give thanks JWS, Jahsprey, and Ras A for your humor! Anyone know where to secure the ear covers to provide maximum i-tection?
Yea, an umbrella is nice, but I agree that a little camping tent would be great to provide a protected area to sleep (maybe for mama and baby).

One of my great concerns is having to leave too early, most likely will miss the dancehall, which will be a bummer this year, as it's likely that we'll get Josey, U-Roy, and maybe some of the younger generations.

So it goes..
March 27, 2014 06:45PM
If you are staying in Ukiah, you should have no problem finding someone to drive you back in the event you queen and babe need to leave early....
March 27, 2014 11:09PM
You volunteering Daniel?
March 27, 2014 11:22PM
Having a child at a fest requires a lot of sacrifice and compromise. I say this out of the experiences of my wife and I, who brought our oldest daughter to ROTR every summer for the first ten years of her life. smiling smiley

Good luck and have fun!
April 02, 2014 03:02AM
reasonable expectations and squirt guns
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login