Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chico May Shows- Sammy Dread May 1st, Turbulence May 17th

Posted by Diesel 
Chico May Shows- Sammy Dread May 1st, Turbulence May 17th
April 12, 2014 04:16PM
We have 2 nice shows coming up in Chico. First we have reggae legend Sammy Dread. This will be a sound system show. We are going to keep the ticket price down on this show somewhere around $5-$8. Next we have Turbulence The Future on Saturday May 17th with LIVE BAND. Ill have more details with opening bands and guest artists some time this week.
Re: Chico May Shows- Sammy Dread May 1st, Turbulence May 17th
April 15, 2014 10:13PM
Yes! I have been waiting to see Turbulence! Very excited! smiling smiley
April 16, 2014 03:20PM
Can't wait for Turbulance, I live in Chico, so it's two blocks away. First time for Turbulance, I really like their cd's.
April 16, 2014 05:02PM
Jr. Toots added to Turbulence show.

Jah Mikey One Added to Sammy Dread Show.
April 22, 2014 04:42AM
April 22, 2014 05:01AM
$15 advance
$20 at the door

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2014 05:02AM by djphg.
April 22, 2014 04:29PM
Sammy Dread! Wicked
April 27, 2014 06:18PM
Dub Session set for Sammy Dread on May 2nd. If anyone is interested email me at staypositivesound@gmail.com
I suggest you come to the show the night before so you can come to the dub session the next day. Sammy will have riddims with him.

On a sad note Turbulence has cancelled the rest of his tour and the Chico show is included in it. On a personal note Im really wanted to see this show and Im disappointed. I really think it sucks no reason was given, so I have no answers when people ask me why. I can only hope to find a replacement.
April 28, 2014 01:24AM
Bless up Diesel
Sorry to hear about Turbulence, if you dont find a replacement act for the night of the 17th please make the trod to nevada city for our show with Addis Pablo Jah Bami Biblical Jah Warrior Shelter Oneness Sound and FullWatts HiFi @ The Stonehouse!

Respect Same Way
April 29, 2014 03:51AM
Thanks for the invite. IF things don't work out I might have to go up there.
May 01, 2014 04:40PM
Just got off the phone with Sammy and he is excited to come to CHico for the first time. Should be a good show tonight if anyone can make it out. Its just $5 before 10pm.
May 02, 2014 05:35AM
Gonna be a great show tonight! Wish I could b there!!!

Big Up Diesel and JahMikey1

Respect Same Way
May 02, 2014 06:55PM
How did it go Diesel? We're heading down to Puerto Vallarta in 2 weeks, so we're saving up our pennies, but I was bummed to miss it last night!

P.S. - Was that you driving the truck in the parade last weekend? We noticed Burt drumming away with the belly dancers, but when the truck went past I saw the Positive-I logo, etc. Hope that's working out for you guys!
May 03, 2014 05:22PM
The Sammy show went well. He put on a great performance and I'm looking to bring him back with full band. Sammy is a super nice guy and funny.

No I wasn't driving the float. I was in the back controlling the music. We had a great time and we are going to do all the Parades now. Next is the light parade during Christmas. We welcome everyone and if you want to join us let us know.
May 05, 2014 03:03AM
glad to hear it went well. and yes he is a good guy, and very funny.

he'd been to Chico before though, at least one time. passed through with Johnny Clarke a few years back.

anyway glad to hear your efforts are going well D.
May 05, 2014 07:44AM
YA when he got to the club everything flashed back to him and he remember being there. I wish I was there to see him and Johnny Clark. When was that show? Talking to him about bring him back with Johnny Osbourne in October. May be you can up for this one Nick. Also did you hear Sammy with San Jay. I brought him by the station and they did an interview. Wouldn't you know it… San Jay had a copy of an Album that SAmmy never had and couldn't find. I can't remember the name but he's going to send it off to Sammy so he has a copy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login