Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lineups looking close to full..who's next?

Posted by teachdem 
Lineups looking close to full..who's next?
April 14, 2014 05:21PM
Yes iyah. So 29 artists announced, 2 in the dancehall so far. When you compare to last year's lineup there were 30 or so artists and 4 in the dance.
So, we must be getting close...who's next?

I saw the thread about more dancehall, but I'm thinking it's gonna be roots or early dancehall, but hopefully a headliner same time. Could be a several smaller acts or just 1-2 big names.

Dreaming of...Cocoa Tea or Freddie Mcgregor to make everything right. Wacha say?
Re: Lineups looking close to full..who's next?
April 14, 2014 05:42PM
Im thinking Youssapha Sidibe is certainly going to be added. Strong hunch. Coca Tea would be well nice!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
April 14, 2014 05:44PM
I was thinking the same thing this morning...the lineup is definitely close to completion! I'd love to see another 1-2 big names! I can't believe the festival's already only two months away! I'm eager for the lineup's for the day to be announced too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2014 05:45PM by christinalorell.
April 14, 2014 05:44PM
Chronixx and the Zinc Fence Band
April 14, 2014 05:47PM
Chronixx aint comin! winking smiley Maybe next year.

April 14, 2014 07:09PM
freddie mac
cocoa tea
bob andy
tony tuff
leroy smart
wailing souls
johnny clarke

yeah, any of those would be real nice.....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 14, 2014 07:17PM
Big Ship!

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 14, 2014 07:20PM
Yeah, Freddie MacGregor is WAY overdue for an SNWMF appearance.
April 14, 2014 07:42PM
Shhhhhh, don't spoil it! winking smiley

April 14, 2014 08:31PM
The lineup could use one more big name! Im still hoping for the Congos
April 14, 2014 08:33PM
Yeah Rossta I would love that as well. But Cedric has no us visa as far as I know or any real desire to come to the States, so if it were the Congos I imagine it would be minus Mr. Myton. I just saw this version at the Dub Club a few months back and was not disappointed!

April 14, 2014 08:35PM
Aggggh wouldn't be quite the same without Cedric but would still be fun, I am guessing they would have been added by now if it was going to happen. The lineup is nice, just does not wow me like last year did. I really want to go see Gentleman at ROTR but don't really want to go to that festival.
AJ
April 15, 2014 01:46AM
papaken
Big Ship!
Yes...............thumbs up
April 15, 2014 03:34AM
Im still dreaming of Mr.Spear. I have seen him dozens of times - but hope one day we can see him again, soon.
April 15, 2014 03:56AM
Any legends / greats would be an honor to see, regardless of how many times you seen em. You never know when artists will stop touring, so fulljoy it while you can!!
April 15, 2014 06:37PM
How about Jesse Royal or Dre Island?

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
April 15, 2014 09:00PM
Kelissa... Keznamdi...
April 16, 2014 06:04PM
Funny Rossta88, to me this year's line-up is much stronger than last year's (once Max Romeo was a no-show). I chose to only attend Saturday last year, but this year there is way too much talent to concentrate in just one day.

Why don't you want to go to ROTR?
April 16, 2014 06:34PM
I guess last year just had more artists I was interested in and listen to a lot, I know I will have a blast this year but I love Groundation, Abja, Protoje, Ras Michael and Alpha Blondy, so last year was a huge draw for me. This year although the lineup is good there are a lot of artist who I am not familiar with there music.

I cant go to ROTR, SNWMF and follow Midnite around for a week in July, to much $$ and to much time away from work. Plus Gentleman is the only artist that I really want to see at ROTR. I just love SNWMF, its the best festival every year.
April 16, 2014 07:43PM
Funny Rossta88, to me this year's line-up is much stronger than last year's

The youngster -Rossta88- is just beginning his reggae sojourn, and, as we know, it is a long and arduous one at times, but always sweet in the end. Yep, I'm with you Reggabe, this lineup looks better than last year, but then again, that's splitting hairs.

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 16, 2014 08:18PM
I usually come to the fest with few expectations, except having a great time. Instead of looking forward, it's more informing to look back and say, which year did you enjoy most? I've been attending only since 2007, and I would say my favorite years were 2008 when I heard Alika, 2011 when I Midnite played and I heard the van jam afterwards, and last year. But there are unexpected highlights every year, and you won't know what they will be until afterwards. Give thanks!

Love that reggae!
April 16, 2014 08:21PM
I am with you NOMO, 2008 is my favorite year at SNWMF! Sorry to all if my post came across negative, not what I meant by it at all.
April 16, 2014 09:12PM
I think out of the Boomville years, my favorites had to be 07 or 09. As nice as each year has been (only one I've missed in boomville was 2011), those 2 years had the most vibe to me in terms of memorable performances

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2014 09:13PM by Dr Suess.
April 16, 2014 09:16PM
How about 2001 inna frog town..twinkle bros, all of the abyssinians, bushman, sabbatical ahdAh, buju! I think there might've been sis carol, Gregory, Lingala Thompson!! That was my first yr and it's been tough to beat since. Highlight of twinkles, buju headlining and san at short but sweet in a the dance.
April 16, 2014 09:47PM
As long as we're talking favorite years for me our first year at Boonville was the best with Willie Williams, Larry Marshall, Misty in Roots, Michael Prophet, Coco Tea, and Fanten Mojah. First appearance of the great Cornel Campbell. Last appearance of the great Culture. My other favorite was 2010 with Jimmy Riley, Judah Eskender Tafari, Soul Syndicate (off the freaking hook!!!!), Vernon Maytone, Alborosie, and BIG YOUTH!

Although I have to say in the last 17 fests I have attended, I have not regretted attending any of them. They have all had some incredible moments.
April 16, 2014 09:59PM
Nah apologize Rossta, you are anything but negative!

For me:
SNWMF = best festival organization, and usually best line-up
ROTR = best location, and best history

I'm kinda with you in that I can really only afford 1 festy this year, and to me SNWMF has a much better line-up (although I REALLY want to see Gentleman!)
April 16, 2014 11:00PM
I always trust that snwmf will have some of the best artists playing every year! One day I hope to have the extra money to make it to ROTR. I could never replace snwmf with rotr though...snwmf has my heart winking smiley My first year was 2006 or 2007, but my favorite years were 2010 and 2013! Looking forward to 2014 & also the last couple announcements to finish up the lineup!
April 17, 2014 01:50AM
I would love to see them add the rest of the 3 the Hard Way Tour.

Brigadier Jerry
Charlie Chaplain
AJ
April 17, 2014 03:07AM
I can not pick a favorite year for SNWMF. Since 2001 (I missed 2006) they have all been beyond irie!
That being said ........... standout sets SturGav Angel's Camp & Roy Shirley in Boonville.
Yes Alpha Blondy was beautiful last year. Great way to end the fest.
This year.................can't wait.
April 17, 2014 03:07AM
Cup is full!…overfloweth………I think this is one of the thickest lineup's ever. Never before have i seen so many names I recognize all the way to the bottom of the list.
AJ
April 17, 2014 03:13AM
AJ
I can not pick a favorite year for SNWMF. Since 2001 (I missed 2006) they have all been beyond irie!
That being said ........... standout sets SturGav Angel's Camp & Roy Shirley in Boonville.
Yes Alpha Blondy was beautiful last year. Great way to end the fest.
This year.................can't wait.

p.s. let me add Toots 2002 ........
April 17, 2014 03:19AM
niceup
I would love to see them add the rest of the 3 the Hard Way Tour.

Brigadier Jerry
Charlie Chaplain

You're a man adfter my own heart! I was begging them to pick up that tour from the time I first heard of it. Although if they could only pick one artist from the 3, I think they picked the right one.
April 17, 2014 03:27AM
Alpha was indeed awesome last year. Great way to end it.

Love that reggae!
April 17, 2014 03:55PM
ROTR and SNWMF are both great and to me they are vastly different.Mind you I have not been to ROTR since it has been reborn on a smaller scale. I went many times while it was at French's Camp. TO ME... SNWMF is much more family oriented which means kids and old people. I now consider myself one of those older people so I am not talking bad. I appreciate a lot of what SNWMF has to offer, the set up and the smaller size is wonderful. Dance Hall set up is better IMO. The memories related to ROTR are unparalleled. This was the first place that thousands upon thousands of people came to know world class reggae music and for years they were THE festival all by their lonesome that was forwarding Reggae Music on the Left Coast. Both has stellar lineups so do what is best for yourself as an individual without fear of missing out on one of the other.
April 17, 2014 06:28PM
Ninja
ROTR and SNWMF are both great and to me they are vastly different.Mind you I have not been to ROTR since it has been reborn on a smaller scale. I went many times while it was at French's Camp. TO ME... SNWMF is much more family oriented which means kids and old people. I now consider myself one of those older people so I am not talking bad. I appreciate a lot of what SNWMF has to offer, the set up and the smaller size is wonderful. Dance Hall set up is better IMO. The memories related to ROTR are unparalleled. This was the first place that thousands upon thousands of people came to know world class reggae music and for years they were THE festival all by their lonesome that was forwarding Reggae Music on the Left Coast. Both has stellar lineups so do what is best for yourself as an individual without fear of missing out on one of the other.

I can relate to, and agree with all of this........Well said, Ninja.
April 19, 2014 04:03AM
Usually there is a cancellation and then a substitute. I'd be curious to know if there was ever a year where there wasn't a cancelation. I think that happened . …So there will probably be an addition. Just hope u don't lose one of your favorties...
April 19, 2014 04:17AM

I'd be curious to know if there was ever a year where there wasn't a cancelation. I think that happened .

It happened in 2012 I believe....
April 19, 2014 05:39AM
yes i think you're right….i remember being shocked that everybody made it. no changes
AJ
April 19, 2014 02:15PM
Daniel

I'd be curious to know if there was ever a year where there wasn't a cancelation. I think that happened .

It happened in 2012 I believe....

My first year 2001 I believe was cancel free.
I heard Thomas Mapfumo even finally made it ~ better later than never.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login