Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite booked for CA!

Posted by rossta8888 
Midnite booked for CA!
April 14, 2014 01:53PM
Saw that Midnite will be playing in Santa Cruz July 20th, San Francisco the 22nd and Grass Valley, CA the 23rd, they are open on the 21st and 24th! Hoping they add two more shows in Nor Cal! I will be making the drive from Oregon for those shows, no doubt! Maybe they will even get booked in Oregon after NWWRF, I was beginning to lose hope they wouldn't make it out NW this year but things are looking good!

"Time is not counted from daylight but from MIDNITE!"
Re: Midnite booked for CA!
April 14, 2014 04:34PM
Nice! Ill hope for a show in Marin after sf, 19 broadway or sweet waters, but time will tell. If not, I'm in for the independent show, Rossta we'll have to link up!
April 15, 2014 07:37AM
Yeah teachdem, that would be awesome! Maybe they will add a marin show on the 21st! Would love to catch up with you in july! Wondering what show they will add on the 24th?
May 31, 2014 04:54PM
rossta, have you gotten a ticket for the haven underground? i can't seem to find anything online.

Love that reggae!
May 31, 2014 06:40PM
July 18th OPEN
July 19th Fairfax, CA - 19 Broadway
July 20th Santa Cruz, CA - Moe's Alley
July 21st OPEN
July 22nd San Francisco, CA - The Independent
July 23rd Grass Valley, CA - Haven Underground
May 31, 2014 07:40PM
do you know where to get tickets for the haven underground daniel? that's where i'm hung up

Love that reggae!
May 31, 2014 08:09PM
I'm sure that if you give Sista Kat a call (oneness-sound.com), she'll either be able to tell you where to buy one in advance or hold onto one until you reach.

If history is any guide, it'll be a (very) late-night session. Last time I went to Haven Underground I got my ticket, got some food and then took a nap for a couple of hours before rolling in for Midnite at around midnight......
May 31, 2014 09:33PM
alrighty, i'll do that. and be ready for a late one....

Love that reggae!
June 02, 2014 07:44AM
I have not bought any tickets yet, I was figuring I could get them at the door but maybe I should buy them in advance. I have heard that the 18th they will be in Denver, CO but nothing booked for the 21st yet. Hopefully another show will get booked in Nor Cal for that night. The Grass Valley show is the one I am looking forward to the most!
June 02, 2014 10:39AM
rossta8888 - BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY...
June 02, 2014 10:52AM
Especially if I am driving from OR, don't know what I was thinking! LOL
June 02, 2014 11:33AM
Got Fairfax, San Fran and Santa Cruz bought! Ran into the same problem you did NOMO, only time I have caught one of Kats Midnite shows, which was the last one she put on in Nevada City, CA, she did exactly what Daniel said, I gave her a call and she held a ticket for me at the door! It was an amazing show!
June 03, 2014 07:38PM
Just got my ticket to the SF show, looking forward to this one! It's been a bit since I seen Midnite live, so am looking to see a stellar performance. Would have loved to catch the vibes inna Grass Valley / Nevada City to celebrate and honor HIM's earthstrong, just a little too far for the I. Anyhow, we a go mash it up....Rossta, and all the massive who will pack the Independent, looking forward to blessing up the spot. Raspect
June 03, 2014 08:08PM
i got my Fairfax and San Francisco tickets, gotta make a call about the haven underground.

Love that reggae!
June 04, 2014 11:27AM
No Santa Cruz for you NOMO?
June 04, 2014 12:04PM
Nah, i'm going to skip that one.

Love that reggae!
June 04, 2014 01:02PM
I don't blame you, almost did myself but figured if I am driving from OR, might as well catch all the shows. I am still waiting to see what show they add on the 21st!
June 18, 2014 12:01AM
will be at Fairfax, Moes Alley and SF myself. might even try grass valley - love that midnite!

that new parish 4th of july show last year ghetto session was something- four hours of solid vibe. beauty to ashes, etc...
STOKED! so blessed to see midnite again! will be in SF with friend who is a new fan...love spreading their conscious vibe.
June 18, 2014 07:26AM
Greetings family!!
It's sista kat.... Yes!! Midnite is booked for July 23 in grass Valley... But we've had a venue change we switch the venue from the Haven underground to the minersfoundry cultural center in Nevada city... Originally I chose the haven underground because I wasn't sure if we be able to pack the minersfoundry because it's a summer show.. But because the Haven now is a bar they have knocked their capacity down to 200 people including guest list... So when crunching the numbers I realize I have to charge so much for ticket and now that it's a bar no families or children would be able to come... So I switch the event to the minersfoundry which is one of midnites favorite venues and I feel like we will rock the house!! So please come and support!!!
And FYI, this is a hot summer night in Nevada city.. Which is a huge street fair so parking will be a little difficult so trying get there early! Also there will be tons of people everywhere..
And as always we have a curfew at the minersfoundry we will try to push it but I will try and have the band on by nine 930 so we can have a long beautiful set on Selassie I earthstrong!!!
There'll be food vending and IRIE vibes!! And EVeryone of all ages are welcome !!!
I have not finished the flyer yet but the tickets are available online here is the link:
You can view your event here:
[www.brownpapertickets.com]
This is the first show I've done in a while and I'm truly looking forward to it!!!
I'm still working out if there'll be an opener but JAh MIkey One will be nicing up the vibes for sure and setting the pace!!
Bless up family... I hope to see u all there!!
Here is my new contact:
530 798 6299
Onenessproductions@yahoo.com
One luv!!!!!!!
Sista kat
June 18, 2014 07:31AM
Thanks Sista kat, I know several of us will be there. Just a suggestion, last time I saw Midnite at the Foundry, the band came out for sound check, switched off instruments and played a sound check that those of us there loved! I would love to see them for 45 minutes open the show! Not sure if it's possible, but thought i'd suggest it cause i'd love to see it!

Love that reggae!
June 18, 2014 09:26AM
Yes !! That was such a treat I remember that well!! Ill See what I can do if they push their sound check close to the doors they will be fully open and willing to play... That's why I'm thinking of not having an opener because they usually do a late sound check...
Midnight is such a band of spontaneity you never know what they're going to gift to you with!!!
I am very happy I switched the venue it seems like a more all-inclusive event!!!
One luv!!
June 18, 2014 09:38AM
Super excited Sista Kat! I will call you as I am traveling from Oregon for this show and would like to purchase a tix in advance. You set me up with a ticket at the door the last time they played in Nevada City and the show was amazing! So excited, thank you for booking them!
June 18, 2014 10:54AM
Yeah just give me a shout I will hold tickets for anyone traveling from afar and I know not everyone does the online thing!!!
June 28, 2014 12:16PM
Give thanks sistren!
July 01, 2014 08:56AM
Just announced! Midnite has been booked to play the Arcata Theater Lounge on Monday July 21st!! This is going to be a great show. Early warm selections from Ras Azad of OneWise Sound, hosted by Amde Hamilton of The Watts Prophets, plus special guest Ark Aingelle and State of Emergency Band to back him. PLUS there will be a special meet and greet session with Midnite at 6pm next door to the venue at The Kushite African Arts and Herbs store. Ticket will be hitting the outlets this week and will be available at The Works (eureka), The Kushite (Arcata), People's Records (Arcata), SHC (so. Hum), Trinity River Garden Center (willow creek), and online at www.inticketing.com. This one is going to be big Humboldt! Don't miss out!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2014 08:57AM by reggaestar.
July 01, 2014 10:38AM
Thank you reggaestar! Saw the flyers at SNWMF, great addition to the tour! See you there!
July 08, 2014 12:08PM
Getting closer to Midnite inna Cali! I am soooooo excited! Some great venues they are playing at on this tour! Anyone ever been to the Broadway in Fairfax? Heard it is a nice intimate little venue!
July 08, 2014 04:36PM
Hey Tyler,

19 broadway is my home venue but unfortunately I'll be out of town that weekend. I will be hitting the SF show however, so am looking forward!! 19 Broadway is definitely a small and intimate venue in Fairfax, which is considered the hippie/youthful town of Marin. There will most likely be great turnout and it will be packed to the brim. They definitely let the vibes flow and it should go fairly late to 2ish I would guess. The crowd can sometimes be a little bit young but most people are generally engaged in the show, however there have been some times where the crowd is fairly young and even more party/drinking driven. Believe it or not one midnite show I was cooling out in the back and all of a sudden a fight broke out! I was shocked to see this but random behavior can happen anywhere. Have a great time there and definitely post how the show is, would love to link up for the show at the independent.
July 08, 2014 09:26PM
Appreciate that Teachdem! Crazy to think that a fight could break out when Midnite is on stage but I to have seen it happen, I remember Vaughn crouched and stared so intensely at the folks fighting as if he was willing the fight to stop but never missed a beat on the mic. I will for sure post about the show and some of the tunes they play. We should link up for the show Tuesday night in San Fran, I will be staying with my friend in San Fran so I will be around that day. Funny that I grew up in Santa Rosa not to far from Marin County but have never been to Fairfax other than driving thru it.
July 09, 2014 04:22PM
July 20 - Santa Cruz
July 21 - Arcata
July 22 - San Fran

Whoo weee, that's some serious bus time on some winding roads. They'll need a hurl bucket handy.
July 09, 2014 04:51PM
I'm not looking forward to all that driving but those shows will be epic!!
July 14, 2014 04:36PM
ROLL CALL! Who will be hitting up one of these Midnite shows next week??
July 14, 2014 05:34PM
Sunday at Moe's. I will be there. I usually roll in late.
July 14, 2014 05:35PM
July 19 - Fairfax, CA
July 20 - Santa Cruz, CA
July 22 - San Francisco , CA
July 23 - Grass Valley, CA

Can't wait! Time is going by really really slow. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 14, 2014 06:31PM
July 19 - Fairfax
July 22 - San Francisco
July 23 - Grass Valley

Love that reggae!
July 14, 2014 06:47PM
Only one I will be missing is the Arcata show on the 21st, decided to hang in Santa Cruz for the day and then just go to San Fran and not do all that extra driving. Please please come say hi Jahsprey, Nomo and ZoulJah
July 18, 2014 10:46AM
Join us in Arcata on Monday!
July 18, 2014 02:33PM
My world has crumbled, Monday I got a phone call that my biggest account was going in a new direction, that affects my bottom line to the point that without that account I cannot pay my bills. So I am back to cold calling to land new accounts, in the mean time I went and got a job at a restaurant to work at night so I can pay my bills. I was asked to start this Sunday and then would work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I had to take the job and now cannot make the drive to Cali for the Midnite shows. I want to cry, I have already purchased tix and am not sure what to do with them. I bought one for Fairfax, San Fran and Santa Cruz. I would love to give them away to someone who could really use a free tix but am not sure to go about doing that. I will drive to Astoria Oregon and see them Friday night but am so sad to not link up with a lot of you in Cali and to miss seeing Midnite 5 times in one week. This is the second time this year that unexpected events have come about right before I have a reggae trip planned. Tribute to the legends was the last one, for whatever reason I am supposed to stay in Bend this week. Please hit me up if you know of someone who can use a tix and it would bless there day. We can then figure out how I can get these tix to certain individuals. Bummed in Bend, OR
July 18, 2014 02:54PM
Bummer. I'll have some video for ya, but it is not like being there. Do you have hard tix for the shows? Would probably have to mail them here. I would be happy to try and sell your tickets or give em away for sf and Nevada city.

Love that reggae!
July 18, 2014 03:22PM
Yeah Nomo, they are tix I bought and printed off, the money back would be nice but at this point I just want someone to be able to enjoy the show in my place. Someone who could not afford a 30 tix but loves Midnite and I could help them would sure make me feel better. I guess I would have to mail them though.
July 18, 2014 04:19PM
Tyler, so sad to hear about your situation. I was looking forward to connecting in SF and holding a vibe. I hope that things progress inna forward direction for the I. Blessed be
July 18, 2014 05:49PM
Thanks Teachdem, I was close to leaving tonight and driving to Fairfax but I have to be back in Bend sunday by 2pm to work my first shift at 3pm and I would need to leave Fairfax at 5am and the show will probably end at 1-2am, would be a rough first day and 18 hours of driving for one show, so I decided to see them in Astoria and I will still be able to make ROTR which is awesome! So there are some positives ya know! Appreciate your kindness.
July 19, 2014 12:06PM
Thought about making the drive for just Fairfax and was sooo close to doing it but its not going to happen. Most disappointed ive been in a long time, even considered not taking this job for the shows but I just cannot be the un-responsible

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2014 01:36PM by rossta8888.
July 19, 2014 10:21PM
Next time bredren - shaping up to be powerful vibes in Nevada City on H.I.M. Earthday!
We BLESSED.
July 19, 2014 11:36PM
see ya wed Evan
July 19, 2014 11:40PM
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Africa al
see ya wed Evan
July 20, 2014 02:34PM
Hey Rossta,

I'm still hoping to attend the SF show but haven't got a ticket. Part of the reason is I'm living very frugally these days, having just enough to pay the bills with not much left after that. If you're still trying to unload that S.F. Midnite ticket hit me up. Bless.

-Reggabe-
510-295-7399
July 21, 2014 01:05PM
Midnite hitting the Arcata Theater Lounge tonight!!! Heard the Santa Cruz show was blessed last night and now the vibes continue. If you're coming from far, there are still a few tickets available online at www.inticketing.com and locally at The Kushite African Art and Herb store in Arcata. Please join us for a meet and greet session with the band at The Kushite between 6-8 tonight!

Full roots vibes filling the atmosphere tonight!
-------------------------------------
Hosted by the legendary Amde Hamilton from The Watts Prophets

Strictly Virgin Island early warm set from Ras Azad (One Wise Sound)

Ark Aingelle
backed by State of Emergency Band

followed by the

100% St. Croix Roots goodness that MIDNITE brings everytime!
--------------------------------------
Night full blessed! Come forward community!
July 21, 2014 02:49PM
Great show at 19 Broadway on Saturday!

Love that reggae!
July 21, 2014 05:06PM
Last night's Santa Cruz show was heavy, but uplifting; trance-inducing yet upbeat. Best Midnite show I've been to in years. I'm glad I went.

Haile recommended.
July 21, 2014 09:47PM
Saw both the Fairfax and Santa Cruz shows. Both were good; Santa Cruz was a bit short. I was surprised they cutoff at 1:10 or so, Fairfax was after 2 am... Midnite sounded great! Ron and Vaughn and everyone sounding very nice, cant wait till Tuesday...
July 22, 2014 02:42PM

Love that reggae!
July 22, 2014 03:47PM

Love that reggae!
July 22, 2014 03:48PM

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2014 03:49PM by nomotrouble.
July 22, 2014 05:50PM
What time you think they'll take the stage tonight ?
July 22, 2014 05:53PM
BLESS UP Nomo for your videos. Glad to get a glimpse of the west coast shows. Hoping they make it back in the Northeast sometime this fall. Vaughn put his fisherman's hat back on. When I saw him in Boston in March he had the same or similar hat that he wore when I saw them in 2005. It was the first time I had seen him without his fisherman's hat since I had seen them at SOB's in 2005.
July 22, 2014 06:00PM
Interesting version or different start to 'mongst I n I As well as white collar criminal. What was the tune after roll call on the 2nd video?
July 22, 2014 06:14PM
Usually at the independent they start around 11 or so and play til 2 am.

Love that reggae!
July 24, 2014 03:43AM
Give thanks to all that made the vibes amazing g tonight at the foundry...what a blessing ...
Truly truly the sound the people and of course MIDNiTE we so on point and I give thanks to all the masses that made it happen....
Big up JAH MIKEY for warming it up and closing us out on the sound system!! N LOren on the sound...
Pure positive vibration !!
One luv n bless
Sista kat
July 24, 2014 03:43AM
Give thanks to all that made the vibes amazing g tonight at the foundry...what a blessing ...
Truly truly the sound the people and of course MIDNiTE we so on point and I give thanks to all the masses that made it happen....
Big up JAH MIKEY for warming it up and closing us out on the sound system!! N LOren on the sound...
Pure positive vibration !!
One luv n bless
Sista kat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login