Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ziggi Recado

Posted by rossta8888 
Ziggi Recado
April 23, 2014 11:34AM
Whats up everyone!

I love the knowledge on this phorum, hope it is okay I keep asking about artists.

Really been digging on Zigi Recado on the Jah Warrior sounds riddim album, I know that ZIK productions is coming out with a Ziggi album soon but wanted to get some thoughts from you all on here about this artist.

Any albums that you would recommend to start off with??
Re: Ziggi Recado
April 23, 2014 01:17PM
Ziggi is great, been playing his music on the show from the start. His albums are:
So Much Reasons
In Transit
Ziggi Recado

Here are some tunes:

This was an early hit for him.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
April 23, 2014 09:01PM
Solid advice from DJ Trees rosta8888.... The man was well humble and nuff nice the few times I've run in to the breddrin... Man like DJ Jaques onbthe WBLK label can tell you more than myself.... But I might be persuaded to dig up footage from the archives iffin youre interested....holla.
April 24, 2014 09:07AM
1 of my faves [youtu.be]

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
April 24, 2014 09:19AM
April 24, 2014 03:35PM
Thanks all for the love! Really enjoyed all the songs that were posted on here!

Christopher you have some live footage? That would be cool to see but don't want to make you work to hard !

Anyway I will pick up some of his albums for sure! Really been enjoying some other works besides Midnite, Cornel Campell New Scroll blaring right now while I finishing up work, Lloyd Browns newest album has also been amazing, going blank on the album name but its by ZIK and it is legit!

Excited to find new music, although nothing compares to Midnite! smiling smiley
jps
April 24, 2014 06:06PM
I think this may have been the first track I heard of his and was impressed from back then.

Here is a link to DJ Child's mix of some new tracks from the upcoming album.

[soundcloud.com]
April 25, 2014 10:21AM
Caught Ziggy a couple years ago at the One Love One Heart Festival in Sacramento. Love his mellow vibes and smile. Here is a link to a piece of his performance that night. [www.youtube.com]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYKnVupN3Y0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYKnVupN3Y0[/url] smiling smiley
April 25, 2014 10:23AM
April 25, 2014 03:40PM
this new album from Zion High Productions... has some nice gems pon it!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 25, 2014 05:22PM
He should be at SNWMF next year .. ..with his Band from Holland ..my buddy (Saxophone player ) for him with he did a couple of shows in California ..
April 28, 2014 01:22PM
Mercy!

DJ Treez - you got me super hooked on those 'Cool & Humble' [w/ Taranchyla] & 'Can't Cool' videos/songs... 'Cool and Humble' is a real thrilla' of a riddim - there's a riddim I wouldn't mind hearing a few more cuts over... are there some out there?

If I'm not mistaken, are those 'new' riddims - as opposed to just going over some standard/familiar tracks? They don't sound familiar...

It's always exciting to hear something [relatively] fresh like this, but something that doesn't stray too far away from the foundation of Reggae/Dancehall sounds.

And that's what I like about some of the songs I've heard from Ziggi - he's doesn't seem like a total carbon copy DJ.

For instance, even though he rides over the remake of Holt's 'Police in Helicopter' on his song 'Pretender' - his delivery and lyrics go into a direction that at least makes it fresh and interesting.

As far as so-called current DJs go, this guy really seems like he's got some potential and new styles to keep things a bit more unpredictable than just your standard 'run di riddim and sound like so many others' type of thing.

Be nice if we could see some vinyl releases of more of his tunes but that's probably a long shot these days. Oh well, the power is really in the music vs the format - but hey, us vinyl freaks will always be freaks ;-) ;-)

Redeye, if you are in contact with Ziggi - give him a giant Big Upz!
April 28, 2014 01:25PM
Ziggi Recado SNWMF 2015!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login