Posted by DeeCee 
Portland Oregon shows coming up ... looking good
April 25, 2014 08:54PM
Re: Portland Oregon shows coming up ... looking good
April 25, 2014 10:16PM
Portland strong.
April 26, 2014 02:41AM
Third World isn't Third World without Bunny Rugs. Barrington Levy has seen better days. Ditto for IV. Tarrrus and Morgan Heritage are going to be at SNWMF a day or two before their PDX date.

Really nothing much to get excited about.
April 26, 2014 04:38AM
Is that a photo of Shaggy I see on the top row (second from right)?
April 26, 2014 04:31PM
no daniel, that's lionel richie; he'll be performing his smash hit "three times an empress".

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
April 26, 2014 08:39PM
Jah Mike
Third World isn't Third World without Bunny Rugs. Barrington Levy has seen better days. Ditto for IV. Tarrrus and Morgan Heritage are going to be at SNWMF a day or two before their PDX date.

Really? We live in the NW, I think I would be excited if I lived in p-town. I don't think we are getting all those acts up here in Seattle.
April 27, 2014 02:31AM
spliffp
Jah Mike

Really? We live in the NW, I think I would be excited if I lived in p-town. I don't think we are getting all those acts up here in Seattle.

Really? It seems like you guys get a lot of acts that we don't and I would bet money most if not all of the performers mentioned in the OP will be up in Seattle.
April 27, 2014 10:58AM
I really want to support the Portland reggae scene, but the midweek shows make it tough to go, because of my work schedule...

However, with some pleading of my case to my supervisors, along with a little smooth talking, I've been given Thursday, June 5th off to see Luciano! Very excited to see him again and be amongst the P Town reggae scene.

Big up to Portland for bringing top notch reggae! Are any of these shows yours, Ras Danny?

As for Third World, even though Bunny has passed on, they are still a tight band and Cat Coore sings lead on some solid tunes anyway, so they are still worth going and seeing.

And Israel Vibration, I respect the foundation roots reggae bands, and would go see them in a heartbeat if I could get that day off from work. Luckily I have the week off for Reggae On the River, and will probably go to that to see them and Third World...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login