Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Only in Northern California

Posted by J_72 
OT: Only in Northern California
May 04, 2014 09:27PM
A billboard driving into Willits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 09:28PM by J_72.
AJ
Re: OT: Only in Northern California
May 04, 2014 10:24PM
Looks kind of like the Wailing Souls l/p cover "Inchpinchers."
Love the billboard..........smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 01:03PM by AJ.
May 05, 2014 02:18AM
I remember seeing a billboard along the freeway near Ukiah advertising "turkey bags"
May 05, 2014 06:21AM
Yeah, we wouldn't see that here in Ohio.
May 05, 2014 01:54PM
But it's an Oregonian company....
May 05, 2014 01:57PM
Hard to tell exactly what's goin on there... But it looks like a perfect example and even promotion of the all too commen 'mega grows' and all that is wrong with the current marijuana industry today (airplane hanger greenhouse, bales of soil or herb and even an industrial front end loader...wow). They should also show the water truck they will need to hire repeatedly this year because they have sucked their steam and well dry. Will keep my eye out for it but only to make sure I never support the advertiser...
May 05, 2014 02:30PM
Sorry for the bad image, the sun was shining on it. I walked past it and got a pic of it. Yes, industrial grow supplies in the pic, and what looks to be Rastas.

Lol at Collie, true.

Peace
May 05, 2014 03:53PM
May 05, 2014 04:14PM
J_72
Sorry for the bad image, the sun was shining on it. I walked past it and got a pic of it. Yes, industrial grow supplies in the pic, and what looks to be Rastas a few guys wearing dreads.

Lol at Collie, true.

Peace

Fixed that for you, J.
May 05, 2014 04:24PM
As I recall, that billboard for Turkey Bags reads "Turkey Bags by the pallet" eye popping smiley
May 05, 2014 04:28PM
Looks like Roots Underground to me....
May 05, 2014 04:34PM
spliffp
Looks like Roots Underground to me....

I was thinking the same thing.
May 05, 2014 05:17PM
No need to fix it Walter, as I used the words "what looks to be", not actually calling them Rastas.

Thanks though. smiling smiley

Peace

Walter
J_72
Sorry for the bad image, the sun was shining on it. I walked past it and got a pic of it. Yes, industrial grow supplies in the pic, and what looks to be Rastas a few guys wearing dreads.

Lol at Collie, true.

Peace

Fixed that for you, J.
May 05, 2014 06:11PM
EvanCR
As I recall, that billboard for Turkey Bags reads "Turkey Bags by the pallet" eye popping smiley

Nor Cal sure loves baking turkeys!
May 05, 2014 07:12PM
wailing souls "inchpinchers" cover

very reminiscent of a much earlier work from them:

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2014 08:03PM by mosquito killer.
May 05, 2014 07:23PM
May 05, 2014 09:37PM
That CD they were giving away at last years festival was a pretty damn good mix. They definitely have a few artists singing praises about their products, and it wouldn't surprise me if that was some Roots Underground guys in the pic.

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
May 06, 2014 09:23AM
EvanCR

Yep, they wuz 100 for $100 winking smiley
May 06, 2014 08:09PM
For what its worth, that is Rootz Underground pictured and Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics) is a sponsor of SNWMF. Aurora is a good product made by good people.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
May 10, 2014 10:53PM
it is actually not a positive product at all, they slander the word ORGANIC and should be out lawed from this county and from gardening for medicine along with 90% of the other liquid nutriants that people poison our water and soil with. There products are NOT ORGANIC............... but very very important wording here "ORGANIC BLENDS" that means the use organics and salts to make their product. it is very lame how they bought there way into the industry by throwing there money and positive events like SNWMF and other event s the have sponsored there way to success
May 11, 2014 06:23PM
Original style, 1959

May 12, 2014 06:10PM
peaceloveandlight
it is actually not a positive product at all, they slander the word ORGANIC and should be out lawed from this county and from gardening for medicine along with 90% of the other liquid nutriants that people poison our water and soil with. There products are NOT ORGANIC............... but very very important wording here "ORGANIC BLENDS" that means the use organics and salts to make their product. it is very lame how they bought there way into the industry by throwing there money and positive events like SNWMF and other event s the have sponsored there way to success

Curious as to what you are basing that info on? From their own site:

"WHY GROW ORGANIC
Although there may still be some debate as to the exact reasons why Organic is a superior style of horticulture, at Aurora Innovations we were born natural and cannot conceive of there being any other way. While we recognize that some use and abuse the title for their own financial gain, we believe that Organic should mean a larger commitment to natural inputs as well as to sustainable practices that reduce our carbon footprints and create fair, living wage jobs. At Aurora Innovations we believe that we can do our part in the wider world by contributing to the production of healthier, more nutritious foods and medicines that are free from harmful chemicals and pesticides. Healthy and happy plants and people now and forever, it’s a bold and simple goal we can all support."

It certainly sounds like they try to take the right approach, or is that just what they want us to believe? What ingredients are they using that you take issue with?

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login