Pressure on nat'l tv

Posted by aaron_g 
Pressure on nat'l tv
May 22, 2014 10:02PM
Re: Pressure on nat'l tv
May 22, 2014 10:12PM
May 22, 2014 10:17PM
Thanks Daniel and happy birthday. Good to see Tippy, Abijah, Ryan Wilson, and Dean Pond on there too.
May 23, 2014 03:59AM
Wow. This is huge for pressure, I would think his album will without a doubt blowup big bc/ of this publicity. Great for the VI, great for reggae, great for Pressure and all those who will be turned onto this music. I guess his version of Smile Jamaica, maybe a little more upful. Large up Pressure
May 23, 2014 04:06PM
Wow Pressure sure has a powerful voice! That was refreshing to see. Even though it was a V.I. big up thing vs JA, it was still cool to see ha ha - especially on a show like that...

It was also refreshing to hear a riddim like that and not have to cringe through another incredibly insufferable Ziggy Marley song on mainstream TV.
May 23, 2014 04:33PM
I am not a big fan if VI reggae, but this is very good stuff. He's got a great voice.

Peace
May 23, 2014 05:52PM
sounded like a lip-sync performance.
May 23, 2014 06:45PM
Waaa?! Sounds like - that means he's got the sound down. What's it LOOK like. I dont think Pressure would get into some funny business lip sync, come on man
May 24, 2014 01:18AM
yo you sure thats not a theme song for nick? 'so nice' one of the biggest v.i. supporters out there....
May 24, 2014 05:11PM
Beautiful version!!!! I was just flippin thru the channels and caught this!!!! To me, he did NOT appear to be lip synking , came off as a live performance. Song was very nice!!!! Great to finally see a true Roots and rasta artist on TV instead of another lame -ass Ziggy Marley HALF ASSED ATTEMPT it watered down reggae!!!! When was Ziggy last a cutting edge Reggae artist (20 years ago????) MAYBE LONGER???? Ziggy has been soft and boring (on auto pilot) for WAAAY TOO LONG!!!!!! The last 3-4 times I saw Ziggy live I was BORED outta my freakin' mind!!!! Havent seen Ziggy kick ass in at LEAST 20-25 years!!!!! Steven Marley at least still burns a fire (as does Jr.Gong, and Kymani)
May 24, 2014 06:22PM
Very timely post. I have really been diggin' Pressure's singles lately on some reggae mixes I have. Glad he is putting out a new album, he's a very under-rated artist and we need to hear more from him (very similar vocals as Jah Mason, no?). Was hoping he'd make it to SNWMF or ROTR this year, but hopefully next year!

J_72, glad you've found a V.I. artist you like. To rule out reggae from antire Carribean island is limiting yourself immensely. And this song is pretty tame for Pressure, you should check out some of his more heavy stuff!
May 24, 2014 06:51PM
Reggaebe, I don't automatically rule out an entire island. Just like food, I taste it and decide whether I like it or not. That's not limiting, that's defining my tastes.

Peace
Jeff
May 26, 2014 04:55PM
Yeah but there's a lot of variety within V.I. reggae. It's like saying I don't like all UK reggae, or African reggae, or even JA reggae!!!
May 26, 2014 06:55PM
So Nice...

who is the keyboard player for pressure.. whoaa.. ha ha LOL
sorry sorry.. got sidetracked.
May 27, 2014 01:53AM
Matthew 12:36

English Standard Version (ESV)

36 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
May 27, 2014 01:55AM
If the stolen beast is found alive in his possession, whether it is an ox or a donkey or a sheep, he shall pay double.

Exodus 22:4
May 27, 2014 04:15AM
Definitely not lip sync. Just a solid vocal performance. Pressure live can sound just like his recordings. Will be posting a slew of recordings on the I Grade soundcloud page from our recently completed first let of the Sound tour. Give thanks for the support Aaron and others.

Brand new music video: "Show LOVE"

May 27, 2014 08:12PM
igrade
Definitely not lip sync. Just a solid vocal performance. Pressure live can sound just like his recordings. Will be posting a slew of recordings on the I Grade soundcloud page from our recently completed first let of the Sound tour. Give thanks for the support Aaron and others.

Brand new music video: "Show LOVE"

Right. I watched the whole thing on my TV with connected high Fi system. This is a live session no doubt. Can't be a lip sync with pressure calling for the band to 'one drop' the riddim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login