Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae In The Hills Anyone?

Posted by Diesel 
Reggae In The Hills Anyone?
May 31, 2014 03:21PM
Just seeing if anyone is heading to Reggae In The HIlls. Stay Positive Sound will be hosting a stage. We will have a plenty of openings if anyone wants to bring their lap top and play a set. Vinal is welcome too.
Re: Reggae In The Hills Anyone?
June 04, 2014 04:29AM
I will up there to see the One Blood Family.
June 04, 2014 04:59AM
See ya there!!!

Respect Same Way
June 04, 2014 03:49PM
Wishing this wasn't the weekend before SNWMF! Or else I'd be there!
June 04, 2014 05:17PM
I'll be up there for sure. I'll slide through the both and give a listen.
June 04, 2014 10:46PM
Big Up Peter Lionheart and Inner Standing with the positive movements on this one. Wish I could attend just to support the i dem.
June 05, 2014 02:10PM
[soundcloud.com]

Here's a custom tune we cut for the festival last year.
June 05, 2014 03:41PM
Just have to say....be careful. Angels camp is a terrible venue IMHO. Been to a show or two since snwmf left that spot thinking it would be different, but alas....sheriffs are not in to my kind apparently. Always many arrests, unprovoked searching, ect...and yes, just for pot.
I won't return to a show there even if Mr.Marley himself awaken from the dead.
Good luck!
June 06, 2014 12:58AM
Wow you have had totally different experiences then me. The past 2 years the police have been totally chill and now music has no curfew. I wish it was this wayu when SNWMF was there the dancehall could go all night.
Also talking with the locals at the gas station across the street they said the town looked foreword to any festivals n the town. They also said new sheriff was elected since SNWMF was there and made a huge difference.
I smoked fat splits all weekend and nothing happened. IF someone was to get arrested I think it would have been the guy that ran on stage during CApleton and got pushed off.
June 06, 2014 01:16AM
Yea Alisha. I have also gone the last two years and not a single police officer was rude or over zealous. You must be talking about another Angels Camp.
June 06, 2014 05:00PM
No westafari, same angels camp for sure. New sheriff could be all the difference.
Hope it is lovely and prosperous ....just myself, bad experiences yields caution on my part. Let me know how it goes, perhaps I will join ya next year. Suggestion though....move it to July not immediately surrounding snwmf would be wise.
Love love love
June 06, 2014 07:00PM
I think the new sheriff after the last SNWMF fiasco has eased up in later years.

Peace
June 06, 2014 07:30PM
YES I just watch out for the Angels Camp POLICE they are separate from the county sheriff those baldheads will bust you for j-waking
June 06, 2014 11:44PM
It was in late May the last two years. It is way to hot out there in July. I doubt that will ever happen.
June 07, 2014 08:59PM
It was 110 last year....
Doesn't get much hotter than that around here...
June 07, 2014 11:33PM
Yup it was hot last year.. The old sheriff was on a different hype than everyone else. The vibe was completely cool and mellow. The new sheriff really appears to be much more tolerant than the prior. Everyone was mad pleasant, in spite of the heat. I wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for the mist tent near the small stage.
June 09, 2014 03:01AM
Year #3 for me.Nice to get in on a festival from the "new "beginning.Much better vibe,I think,don't you?
June 11, 2014 04:00AM
We went last year and had blast...didn't see any drama or police and the festival itself was very laid back and mellow and had some good sets. Can't make it this year but I hope ti has a decent turnout...it's a fun fest
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login