SNWMF 2013 Regrets to inform you that.....
June 07, 2014 05:33PM
SNWMF regrets to inform you that, because he recently picked up some additional tour dates with Massive Attack, Horace Andy will be unable to perform at the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival later this month. We are very disappointed that Horace Andy will not make his scheduled appearance that was contracted for and all deposits paid over 6 months ago.
Re: SNWMF 2013 Regrets to inform you that.....
June 07, 2014 06:49PM
Daniel
SNWMF regrets to inform you that, because he recently picked up some additional tour dates with Massive Attack, Horace Andy will be unable to perform at the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival later this month. We are very disappointed that Horace Andy will not make his scheduled appearance that was contracted for and all deposits paid over 6 months ago.

Did you get the deposit back?
June 07, 2014 07:36PM
Shoooooooot, I was looking forward to this one too. But what can you do, plenty of more great music to hear.
June 07, 2014 07:51PM
Can't Massive Attack just come with him? That would be "massive"....oh well, hopefully the only cancelation
June 08, 2014 06:35AM
Bring the Prez!
June 08, 2014 09:33AM
Irie BLESS ...

Same Happen to Me ...

What is the Worst is , The Artist Himself from the stage Say to All the Massive & Festival Organisation NEXT YEAR I WILL COME AGAIN & FOR FREE ... Because Same night him have a little Problem to Sing Good & is Why Himself Say to The Full HOUSE & Organisation , And , A few Months Later when I link di Artist SAME ANSWER ME GET , I CAN NOT BECAUSE ...

MONEY MONEY MONEY ... Make People BROKE THEM WORDS !!!
June 08, 2014 01:51PM
AJ
June 08, 2014 02:18PM
This happened @ SNWMF a few years back with Horace Andy. Same reason ~~~ Massive Attack schedule . Also a no-show at the Hollywood Bowl "Reggae Night" show a few years back.
I was looking forward to seeing Horace Andy again this year........but so it goes. At least he made it 2 or 3 years ago for SNWMF...... that was a nice set....loved it.

Thanks to all @ SNWMF for stepping up to the plate & getting a wonderful replacement.
Bob Andy is going to be extra irie for sure, especially with the Taxi Gang........as they say... "The show must go on!"
June 08, 2014 02:38PM
Well, given Sleepy's propensity to pick up Massive Attack tour dates in the late spring, I know there is at least one roots festival that is not likely to book him in the future unless it is a 'last minute' replacement thing....
June 08, 2014 06:44PM
I believe at Reggae Rising 2007 there was a Horace Andy no show as well. He was again supposed to be playing with Sly and Robbie and the Taxi Gang, but he never performed, just Sly and Robbie. I never heard an explanation, I just kinda forgot about it. Unless somehow i missed him, but i'm pretty sure he didn't appear. Just checked my old festival T-Shirt and his name is on there.
June 10, 2014 04:50AM
Too bad for the conflict in schedule. Even tho' I can see how important this on-going relationship with the Massive Attack group must be, it is a reminder of the cancellation AJ pointed out some years back, and yes: too bad SNWMF could not see a Horace Andy appearance as part of a Massive Attack booking. Personally, this would be of considerably more interest than some of the Cali-youth reggae-lite acts that have a following on the West Coast.
June 10, 2014 04:04PM
You are right Mr. P. There was no mention of Horace's absence by anyone. I think you and me are the only ones who noticed!
June 10, 2014 07:18PM
Something of interest here that at least I didn't know or perhaps did know at one time and have forgotten...sigh!

Coxsone Dodd decided Horace Hinds (aka Horace Andy), should record as Horace Andy, partly to capitalize on the popularity of Bob Andy, and partly to avoid comparisons with his cousin, Justin Hinds,

How apropos, replacing Horace with Bob!
June 10, 2014 08:42PM
papa ray
Personally, this would be of considerably more interest than some of the Cali-youth reggae-lite acts that have a following on the West Coast.

That's the point, these local bands show up and play cohesively. JA artists often don't show up and when they do they start after 1AM and have a pick up band that can't hang so every tune get a Pull Up, effectively killing any vibe whoever is left in the audience might be able to muster.
June 10, 2014 11:39PM
It took a long long time to finally see Sleepy in California. Then I saw him twice and he was pretty good, still sings great. I can't complain about the raplacement with Bob Andy, I would like to see him again even more than Horace.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login