Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Bob Andy

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Bob Andy
June 07, 2014 10:34AM
SNWMF is pleased to announce that Bob Andy will be returning to Boonville this month to perform at the 21st annual Sierra Nevada World Music Festival on Saturday, June 21st backed by the ‘Riddim Twins’ – Sly & Robbie.

Bob Andy
Re: SNWMF 2014 Brings You: Bob Andy
June 07, 2014 11:25AM
Nice, I have yet to see him perform, but have had the pleasure of spending a bit of time round him, at a mutual sistrens house in Kingston. He appears to be very friendly and quite funny, in my experience.... Having a good laugh right now, jus thinking bout when last I saw him. Dr. Suess was there too, though Im not sure if he reach before or after the moment Im thinking of? We were having a Project No Littering Jamaica, meeting..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2014 06:12PM by Haile Bless.
June 07, 2014 11:49AM
A true gem in the music world. Despite his latest album being mediocre, he still is one of the best. If only he could connect with the right producer.....
June 07, 2014 12:50PM
Bob is one of the best foundation artists still with us... Very nice addition (personally, I'd rather hear him any day over Horace)
June 07, 2014 01:25PM
I was hoping it was Rebulition that canceled but I'm pretty good with this. thumbs up
An Andy for an Andy!
June 07, 2014 02:30PM
Looked to me like he had a great time in '07. Know I did! thumbs up

June 07, 2014 03:07PM
From the video archives......

June 07, 2014 09:15PM
Actually, I prefer Bob to Horace. No disrespect to Horace, he's a foundation artist for sure, but I've seen him quite a few times and only seen Bob twice. And I really prefer Bob's voice.

This is definitely the best replacement for a canceling artist ever.
June 07, 2014 10:29PM
Jah Mike
Actually, I prefer Bob to Horace. No disrespect to Horace, he's a foundation artist for sure, but I've seen him quite a few times and only seen Bob twice. And I really prefer Bob's voice.

This is definitely the best replacement for a canceling artist ever.
I 100% agree to this Andy to Andy exchange is the best replacement yet in all my years of attending. The best part is he will be backed by sly and Robby. Thank you.
June 08, 2014 12:11PM
We're very happy that Bob Andy will be performing at SNWMF 2014! Playing a track on our show today too.
Peace,
Bagga.............
June 09, 2014 02:42AM
Upgrade, fo sho...
June 11, 2014 03:22PM

Bob Andy Speaks
June 11, 2014 03:47PM
So I seem to be one of the few who is disappointed about Horace Andy not coming and really disappointed that Bob Andy is replacing him. What am I missing? I have always enjoyed Horace Andy and his music but have never seen him live, thus my disappointment. I have been trying to find a Bob Andy tune that I like, but so far cannot, it is all old school studio one type stuff which I just cannot get into. Someone please show me the light! Trying to not be bummed out about this switch but I honestly am.

Thanks everyone!
June 11, 2014 03:52PM
June 11, 2014 04:01PM
June 11, 2014 04:14PM
Thank you both for sharing! Daniel I did like that tune you provided! Appreciate that!

Jahsprey, those are the kinda tunes that I keep coming across for Bob Andy, old school studio one stuff and I just don't dig it, I feel bad that I cant get into these tunes but I guess we all like what we like. I will definitely catch him live though, you never know it might be my favorite set of the weekend!

Thank you!
June 11, 2014 04:30PM
Rossta, these Studio 1 tunes sometimes ripen with age (both the song's and the listener's).

I am often amazed when I pull out old records that I found to be luke warm when I first heard them in the 70's & 80's and realize that now that I'm in my 50th circle around the sun...they are scorchers.

Real musicians, playing real instruments, backing real singers.
Quality will out!
June 11, 2014 04:32PM
I actually was just kinda thinking exactly what you posted Jahsprey, I could see Bob Andy being the kind of artist that grows on me. Horace Andy was not my fav when I first heard Skylarking and other songs, but he soon grew on me and I was excited to see him for the first time. I will keep listening and in my heart I am sure you are right, they are real SCORCHERS!

Bless up brother!
June 11, 2014 04:36PM
Here's a tune Bob Andy did with Raging Fyah:

June 11, 2014 04:42PM
Really like this tune with Raging Fyah! The harmony sounds real nice next to his voice!

Thank you for sharing!
June 12, 2014 09:53AM
June 12, 2014 06:37PM
Very happy to see that Bob Andy will be performing at SNWMF this year! The irony is that I've been on a huge Bob Andy kick over the last month, been listening to his songs more than usual. Heck, I even looked into flying back to the east coast to see Bob Andy perform at a festival there later in the year. And now to hear that he will now be at SNWMF this year...this is music to my ears!

I happen to agree with some of the other posts, in that, with all due respect to Horace Andy, Bob Andy actually makes this festival even better. His song output isn't as much as Horace Andy, but the songs Bob does release always have a class and style to them that is unique...not to mention he usually comes through with a well written song. Also, because it's much more rare to see Bob Andy live than it is to see Horace Andy live (that is if Horace shows up in the first place).

And Rossta, you will be surprised at how good Bob is live! Those artists from the Studio One era ALWAYS come through with a very good live show (that's why people got to see Carlton & The Shoes and Derrick Morgan as well). Glad to see that you are coming around on Bob already! There have been some great songs linked, and I want to add another song for you to check out: Rasta Come Of Age. I don't know how to link it, but check it on youtube,I'm sure it's there. That song is the CUT.
June 12, 2014 07:28PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login