Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Puerto Rico reggae vibes?

Posted by iriebarto 
Puerto Rico reggae vibes?
June 10, 2014 01:13AM
Looks like Ill be headed to Puerto Rico next year with the new lady.. anybody from the boards ever been?? Is it all reggaeton or can I expect to find what I like?? Also any info on buying herbs.. respect and thanks in advance
Re: Puerto Rico reggae vibes?
June 10, 2014 02:26PM
Greetings iriebaroto

Nuff vibes in puerto rico. Theres lots of good bands gomba jabari, cultura profetica, los gatos, are just to name a few. Where on the island are you going and when
June 10, 2014 05:48PM
My lady's brother is getting married in june and they are checking out puerto rico really soon.. and as long as they like it that's where it will be.. so not sure where yet.. but it will be in march.. give thanks
June 10, 2014 07:20PM
I recommend you go to the nuyorican cafe in san juan, live salsa vibes dem nice....
June 11, 2014 04:40PM
Just found out it is san Juan they are looking at.. I will check that place out for sure.. thanks
June 13, 2014 10:20PM
I was in Puerto Rico in 2006 and there was a Rasta shop somewhere in downtown San Juan with lots of music and gear, tams, and such. I don't remember the name though, good place to start. I was able to catch Isreal Vibrations at the Tito Puente arena, a big outdoor venue.

Culebra, a ferry ride from Fajardo has one of the most beautiful beachs in the world, and you can camp on it. There was a local drum group called Wiki Sound that played out there weekly. I've also heard Vieques is absolutely amazing. Hope this helps
June 14, 2014 06:39PM
Reggaeton and salsa!
I'd say the kids listen to 90% reggaeton.
Starting on Thursday nights at this local square up from Coronado beach is happening!
It's a open air marked by day but turns into a all night party... It's fun, I highly recomend this! Thursdays are the best night.
There is also a very nice museum that is free to check out just a few blocks away. I cannot remember the street.
From what I recall the reggae season seems to be in the summer time.
The rain forest was ok to check out but by far the nicest beach and experience I had was to take a ferry or a hopper plane to the island of culebra and visit flamenco beach. Much more local and the cleanest beach and calm blue waters. You should google it. There is a old tank sitting on the beach. Flamenco beach!
Old San Juan is worth to check, you can take a 50 cent ferry to take a free tour of Bacardi and learn about it's history. San Juan and it's traffic is pretty shitty.
The dance club at the old San Juan can be fun if your looking for that sort of thing...BABES!
June 15, 2014 02:54PM
Thanks guys! Cant wait.. it looks like the loved puerto Rico and they are having the wedding there.. lots of good info thanks again..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login