Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2014 - Stage Schedule with Starting Times
June 12, 2014 05:57PM
Re: SNWMF 2014 - Stage Schedule with Starting Times
June 12, 2014 06:04PM
THAAAAANK YOU DANIEL!
June 12, 2014 07:42PM
Don't think I will be taking in much of the Friday Night Valley Stage. Village stage is gonna be rammed
June 12, 2014 08:13PM
wow kabaka starting it off friday night…..no lazy mornings…ready by 11.
June 12, 2014 09:10PM
I was thinking the same thing Dubdude! Who is going to actually be at the Valley stage on Friday night? I am sure there will be some people excited for that lineup but the Village stage is going to be wicked! kabaka to Clinton!
June 12, 2014 09:24PM
I am psyched about seeing these artist Friday night and I love the village stage, but it seems to me they should've booked these artist at the Valley stage as most of the concert goers Will want to see them. I'm just nervous that the village stage will be way beyond capacity and it will be difficult to really enjoy the show. Plus do the acts always start so late on Friday? Seems like A really late start to the day.
June 12, 2014 10:26PM
teachdem
I am psyched about seeing these artist Friday night and I love the village stage, but it seems to me they should've booked these artist at the Valley stage as most of the concert goers Will want to see them. I'm just nervous that the village stage will be way beyond capacity and it will be difficult to really enjoy the show. Plus do the acts always start so late on Friday? Seems like A really late start to the day.
I agree with this with the exception of seun kuti I think the line ups should have been switched.
June 12, 2014 10:51PM
Looks like Friday at the Village stage is the place to be.The Village stage is a lot more intimate and you can get nice and close too.
I'll bring my gas mask if anyone needs it.
June 12, 2014 11:21PM
My favorite night of the year, friday at the Village....

Love that reggae!
June 13, 2014 01:04AM
Fridays stage line up should be switched!
June 13, 2014 01:21AM
Agree fully!
June 13, 2014 01:25AM
nomotrouble
My favorite night of the year, friday at the Village....
Lights,Camera,Action !!
June 13, 2014 01:36AM
Kabaka will be the one to see. He has to be one of the tightest hardcore conscious lyricists out there BY FAR!!!!

Check Lyrical Opposer for a little taste if you don't know
June 13, 2014 02:20AM
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!! I think I'm gonna be working through most of that Friday night lineup. Hope not somehow, but think so. Really wanna see Josey. At least I'll see him in the dancehall if not.
June 13, 2014 08:00PM
Awesome Daniel! Thanks a ton!
June 18, 2014 06:43AM
Friday night village - it's on!
June 18, 2014 07:11PM
Check Lyrical Opposer for a little taste if you don't know

'Liberal Opposer' sounds like a whole heap a auto tune to me. I couldn't find 'Lyrical Opposer' but please enlighten me if I'm missing something. I guess I've heard some decent Kabaka material but I hope I am pleasantly surprised by his performance. Not really into Chuck fenda either. Now Josey Wales is definitely an artist that gets my attention, but alot less than someone like Brigadier Jerry or Prince Allah. Other than Clinton Fearon, I'm not as pumped about Friday on the Village as maybe I've been in the past, but will be there for sure winking smiley

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
June 18, 2014 07:17PM
I imagine kabaka isn't really gonna interest the older crowd
June 18, 2014 07:49PM
Friday night is gonna be too rude!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
June 18, 2014 08:33PM
Very backwards
June 18, 2014 08:43PM
Jahdan BLAKKAMOORE at 11 AM on saturday.......SMH.....
Be sure to rise up early as his performance will be like no other this weekend. Probably one of most energetic sets of the festival!!.....At 11am!....dont miss.
Looking forward to seeing everyone once more...
BLESS>>>
LK
June 18, 2014 08:55PM
Jahdan always puts on a great show!! Had the pleasure of talking with him for the better part of an hour before a show one night.. very humble and kind
June 18, 2014 10:01PM
Do not sleep in and miss Jahdan's set, will be one of the best all weekend long! I am surprised that he did not get a later time slot on the village stage! He is an artist I would love to see perform in the dancehall too!
June 18, 2014 10:40PM
I need to apologize in advance: if anybody sees a tall man running between the Village Stage and the Valley Stage on Saturday, at full speed around 1pm with a crazed look on his face - like the look of a guy that doesn't want to miss one nanosecond of either Zvuloon Dub System or Raging Fyah's set - then please forgive me in advance!!! I don't want to miss either set, and quickness between stages is a must!!!

Friday is easy: Village stage is where it's at.

Saturday: besides the silliness of what I said above, I also want to quickly get over to see some of Candelaria's set. Luckily I will be able to see both Bitty McLean and Mykal Rose again at Reggae On The River (and a third time with Mykal playing at this years' One Love One Heart Fest), and I'm impressed with Candelaria's latest album...and this is coming from a very serious reggae fan/collector, so that is saying something about the talent I hear in the music of Candelaria...is anybody else looking forward to seeing them?

Sunday: things are going to be a little tricky with both Barrington Levy and Carroll Thompson playing 30 minutes apart. I'm not sure how often Carroll Thompson plays here on the west coast, but it doesn't seem to be very often, may not get to see her too many others times...although Barrington is a classic artist that I haven't seen live before, despite collecting his albums for over 20 years...hmmmm....I guess I will have to do the crazed run between stages again that day!!!

Also, I see that Jambinai is playing two sets...does anybody know if Zvuloon Dub System is playing two sets as well? I know it's not listed on the lineup for both days, but curiously, Zvuloon Dub System, on their website, has them listed as playing at SNWMF June 21-22. Was that just an honest mistake by the band not knowing at the time of listing what day they would be playing? Further investigation of the Sunday schedule at the Village stage reveals that there is some possible time, like an hour or so, between a Kids Parade and a West African Dance. Is it possible to sneak Zvuloon in there, or am I looking into this too much?!
June 18, 2014 10:58PM

I'm not sure how often Carroll Thompson plays here on the west coast, but it doesn't seem to be very often,

This is Carroll Thompson's first appearance in California. And, fwiw, Zvuloon Dub System will only be playing on Saturday morning...
June 18, 2014 11:01PM
Daniel

I'm not sure how often Carroll Thompson plays here on the west coast, but it doesn't seem to be very often,

This is Carroll Thompson's first appearance in California. And, fwiw, Zvuloon Dub System will only be playing on Saturday morning...

Thanks for your answers Daniel. That solves my dilemma of Carroll Thompson: gonna have to see some of her set...
June 18, 2014 11:47PM
iriebarto
LOL I've seen him twice already and I'm probably almost twice his age. Don't let the greybeard fool ya, I might have to school ya.
June 18, 2014 11:54PM
My advice:

Spend most of Friday night at the Village stage, but make sure you head over to the main stage to catch the majority of Seun Kuti's set to get get your booty shakin' on!
June 19, 2014 05:51PM
EvanCR
iriebarto
LOL I've seen him twice already and I'm probably almost twice his age. Don't let the greybeard fool ya, I might have to school ya.

Hahah respect!! I was just being an ass.. just don't see how reggae fans could write kabaka off as decent... decent to me is like a step above rebelution...
June 19, 2014 10:52PM
YabbyYouFan

Sunday: things are going to be a little tricky with both Barrington Levy and Carroll Thompson playing 30 minutes apart. I'm not sure how often Carroll Thompson plays here on the west coast, but it doesn't seem to be very often, may not get to see her too many others times...although Barrington is a classic artist that I haven't seen live before, despite collecting his albums for over 20 years...hmmmm....I guess I will have to do the crazed run between stages again that day!!!

Actually, I will probably catch the first few minutes of Barrington's set before heading over to checkout Carroll Thompson. Mr. Levy has long been one of my favorite singers, but has really been going downhill the last few times I've seen him. Also, I have seen him at least a dozen times and have never seen Ms. Thompson. So it's an easy choice for me as to who has priority.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login