June 13, 2014 07:10PM
Sensi-ble

"I'm gonna put on a iron shirt, and chase the devil out of earth" - Max Romeo
Re: OT: Legal weed in Jamaica??
June 13, 2014 11:17PM
hopefully this doesn't lead to an increase in tourists acting stupid
June 14, 2014 03:41AM
Note that they are talking about decriminalizing it, NOT legalizing it. Big difference.

What decriminalization means is that you wouldn't go to jail if caught, but you could still be fined. Basically decriminalization makes it the equivalent of a parking ticket. Same as in Cali or Oregon, currently. The question is how much they set the fines for.
June 15, 2014 03:51AM
Decriminilization is over-rated and has always been a poor choice.
America is in the pot legality mess still because we went decrim. and not just straight legalize some 30 years ago.
A real ganjaman would never call himself a criminal for his sacrament, decrim. is a punk move.
June 15, 2014 08:47AM
strikkly, I agree that legalization is better than just decrim. But, decrim is less harmful than putting people in jail for smoking herb. There wasn't the public support for legalization 30 years ago. If not for the move to decriminalize in many states, even more of us, especially Black and Latino people, would have the burden of a criminal conviction around their necks and be spending time rotting in prison, so I can't agree with your assessment that decriminalization was a "punk move".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login