Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top 5 things you're looking forward to...

Posted by teachdem 
Top 5 things you're looking forward to...
June 13, 2014 05:33PM
Alright massive and crew, 1 one week away...we been waiting a year now, anticipating, chatting, and meditating. So, watcha looking forward to? Artists, vibes, vendors, massive / friends / family, food, catching a strong medi...

For the I, these are some of my tops..

1.) One of my favorites from the era, been vibing on him for long time, and it's always cool to catch an artist's first appearance in CA - Josey Wales (I'm gonna miss the dancehall cause we're bringing the youth this year, so someone please get an audio recording of this!)

2.) The teacher, Daddy U Roy - even though I seen him a number of times, we're talking about a living legend toasting the mic, an honor and a blessing. You never know when they'll stop touring, so enjoy a piece of history while we can

3.) Black Slate - don't know them too well, so looking forward to learning, and I know Daniel rates them strong

4.) Vendors / Food - always pick up some nice gear for the I, the youth, and the queen. Tasty eats...yum, yum

5.) Vibes - all the massive, ganja wafting through the air, sunshine, people of all ages, California at its best. Been going to this festie since 2001 when I made the trek cross country, now as a Californian, it's a point of pride and joy to partake in the best reggae fest nation wide

BLESSed
Re: Top 5 things you're looking forward to...
June 13, 2014 07:39PM
Bitty
Josey
Kabaka
Mighty Crown
Na'an Bread

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
June 13, 2014 07:49PM
Clinton
Josey
Kabaka
....well, basically Friday night at Village Stage...as always
June 13, 2014 08:23PM
1) Friday night at the Village stage
2) Saturday night at the Valley stage
3)Black Slate
4)seeing good friends
5)nice warm weather!
June 13, 2014 09:12PM
1. The look on my kids faces as they walk in the festy for the first time...

2. Clinton Fearon

3. Shaggy

4. Seeing old friends...

5. Meeting new friends....
June 13, 2014 09:39PM
Friday night at the Village

Smoking ganja while seeing and videotaping some new classic artists!

Saturday morning at the Village

Sunday morning at the Village

Vibes all around!

Hope i'll still be upright for Shaggy...but i wouldn't bet on it.

Love that reggae!
June 13, 2014 09:58PM
I can't wait! 7 more days and we all on!
June 13, 2014 10:31PM
I prefer the number 7...
Bitty McLean
Mighty CRown
Josey Wales
Shaggy
Tarrus Riley
Kabaka Pyramid
Chuck Fenda

or even 11...
John Holt
Bob Andy
JahDan
Morgan Heritage

Respect Same Way
June 14, 2014 12:56AM

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
June 14, 2014 01:01AM
The great music

Seeing friends I haven't seen in a year

Camping out with the massive

Seeing Jah Mike

Meeting new friends
June 14, 2014 03:54AM
Ras Bruce, I am truly touched.

My top 5:
Checking out old friends I don't see anywhere else like Ras Bruce and Malcolm.
Smoking nuff herbs with the massive.
Listening to all the classic music: Josey, Bob Andy, Carlton, Derrick Morgan, U-Roy, Clinton Fearon, Tamlins.
Checking out all the current artisits: Shaggy, Michael Roze, Bitty McLean, Tarrus Riley, Chuck Fenda, Morgan Heritage.
Checking out the up and coming artists: Zvuloon Dub System, Hollie Cook, Raging Fiyah, Kabaka Pyramid.
June 14, 2014 05:22AM
1. Seeing artists I'm not as familiar with/hearing new music. 2. All the good vibes of the festival and soaking up all the amazing energy! Bundling up in a warm comfy outfit for nights at the festival. Falling asleep listening to everything going on around you. 3. Food vendors - yum!! Looking forward to my tradition of Friday night dinner which is Indian food. Excited to taste some food from new vendors as well! Shopping at the other vendors and picking up some things for myself and gifts for others. 4. Setting up our weekend home and meeting new people/neighbors! 5. Smoking ganja all weekend and enjoying every little aspect of the festival! love spending it with my boyfriend and best friend. My boyfriend and I are not the type to celebrate anniversaries until were married, so this is kinda just our "us" yearly celebration too smiling smiley 6. 5 just wasn't enough. The drive there has to be included! Packing up the car, getting everything ready, and the anticipation of getting there and the gates opening early Friday morning!
June 15, 2014 01:36AM
I agree with all of these posts but for me on a personal level it is the return of Tarrus Riley. When he last performed 5 years ago my wifey was 7 months pregnant with our irate child, a boy. It was wicked hot that day and she was having a hard time. We did not know Tarrus then until he sang and recognize many of his songs. However wifey was so uncomfortable we had to go back to camp and listen to his set and was blown away by what we heard. My son is now almost 5 and te night an time I perfect time for tarrus's set although I think he should headline and end the festival. Tarrus has so many heavy tunes and is a very passionate performer. We can't wait to see him on the valley stage like we should have 5 years ago. This shall come one week from tomorow almost exactly as I type this. Thank you to the whole snwmf crew.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 15, 2014 01:59AM
We are still on the fence, but if we go it will be...

1. Clinton Fearon
2. Seeing boardies and other friends.
3. Hendy Woods, camping, camping coffee, etc.
4. Taking the coastal loop and Highway 20 back home.
5. The feeling after the festival when we get home...still in camping mode, sun kissed, active....summer vibes!

Peace
June 15, 2014 03:47AM
1.making mixes for the ride
2.assessing the state of reggae music in norcal vis a vis snwmf over the years
3.seeing boonville and maybe some locals
4.seeing some real talented artists who traveled far and wide to play for us
5.scoring some fresh new mixes
June 15, 2014 02:50PM
Bob Andy
John Holt
Carltyon Manning
Black Slate
Clinton Fearon
The Tamlins
Raging Fyah

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2014 02:52PM by papaken.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login