Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anyone have pics of angel's camp?

Posted by sillysquirt 
sillysquirt
anyone have pics of angel's camp?
April 10, 2004 07:18PM
I would like to see what the surroundings are like. Does anyone have a site where I can see pics of the area besides the stage and concert area?
Zana
Re: anyone have pics of angel's camp?
April 11, 2004 09:23PM
I don't have photos online but I've been looking for you. Here are a couple of links that might get you started.
[www.traveldiva.net]
[www.rockmed.org]
[www.mysticlionart.com]
It's very dry and hot. Not much shade. The main stage is at the bottom of a big hill. Camping is dirty and surrounds the fairground.
jb welda
April 12, 2004 04:51AM
>It's very dry and hot.

this isnt necessarily so...i think it was pretty green and lush last year and the temp didnt get over 85f? but it *can* be hot and dry, wont really know till the weekend of the show.

>Not much shade.

thats probably true in the campground area, but the concert grounds have pretty adequate shade, especially if it isnt a scorcher.

>Camping is dirty

well, its camping...

one love
jah bill
Zana
April 12, 2004 05:43AM
Hmm, I thought it was hot last year. Maybe I'm confused then because the following weekend the temp got to over 105 degrees in Sacramento. I was thinking that I was glad that it didn't get that hot for the festival. But it did get cold in the evenings! Burr!
Yes, your right, there is nice lush grass around the stages and plenty of shade in the fairgrounds. But the camping area is dry, semi-dusty and no shade. It's not bad at all though. I was expecting a dirt bowl last year, which was my first, and it is not that at all. I like to get dirty smiling smiley
But I swear it was hot! Maybe the alcohol had something to do with it...
April 12, 2004 08:30AM
Camping can be very dusty, last year got a nice grass spot.. kept the camp much cleaner. Early arrival doesn't mean better camp spot......
April 12, 2004 06:09PM
That is so true Forwardzion about he camping... Sometimes getting there extra early is not going to get you a great spot.. I have gotten there extra early and got a terrible spot. other times I have gotten there around 12:00 and was able to get a OK spot.. But we always make the best of what we get. We are just greatful to be there..
Jah Bless,
Lil
sillysquirt
April 12, 2004 10:03PM
Thanks for the info. At least there are a few spots that have grass, but as a new comer I will not know where they are (unless you can see the whole area at once.) But I am so excited to be coming. Hawaii has a great scene, but very different. I have not been to a festival since I moved in 2000. I hope those pics from zanas links will help. See you there, looking forward to reading more on the message board. Much Mahalos- sillysquirt
April 12, 2004 10:17PM
sillysquirt - plan on dirt but if you get grass be more happy (not that there is anything wrong with dirt).
Zana
April 12, 2004 11:09PM
My friend bought a cheap rug from Home Depot and used that under the sitting area of our camp spot. It was great! Made it nice and cozy and kept our feet from getting too dusty.
Don't worry at all about the camping. You will get a spot but most of the time you're either in the fairgrounds or making new friends at other camps. I never saw someone's camping spot that I though just sucked. Oh wait, the ones right next to the toilets aren't prime spots to have.
I just bought my shade from Target for $30. No worries!
sillysquirt
April 13, 2004 01:11AM
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley Thanks everyone. I hope to share some aloha with little hawaiian gifts!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login