Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Every year is different, but to summarize.......

Posted by nomotrouble 
Every year is different, but to summarize.......
June 24, 2014 03:03AM
Wow!

Love that reggae!
Re: Every year is different, but to summarize.......
June 24, 2014 03:23AM
Wow Too
June 24, 2014 03:58AM
WOW INDEED!!!!
June 24, 2014 09:54PM
Great lineup, despite mediocre headliners. Seamless weekend, logistically for us. U Roy and Carlton and the shoes were terrific. Clinton Fearon was impressive. Bob Andy and the whole sly and Robbie afternoon was awesome. Loved Bitty and Tarrus Riley in the afternoon. The dancehall was actually interesting, too.
Wow.
June 25, 2014 06:32PM
Saw a lot of music this year...village Friday..valley Saturday and village/valley/ back to village on Sunday..

The Delirians blew me away not only as straight up capable of laying studio one rhythms but also played the 'revival' sound to a tee. Carlton Manning and Derrick Morgan were Wicked. Loved seeing Rusty Zinn holding down some backup for the 'Shoes'. That follow up set by the Delirians was damn near the best set of the weekend in my opinion-you guys in LA are really lucky to have them around in your town so don't be no clown. I didn't think the Expanders or the Lions could be surpassed...

Carrol THOMPSON and Black Slate OH LAWD...that wasn't lovers rock ..it was rOOts to me all the way! Compared to fellow brits Misty and Roots a couple of years back..uh Black Slate was the better set by far ..

And Tamlins, Uroy, Bob Andy.. What a triumvirate!!! .....the Tamlins were better than anything I've been able to you- tube as far as live performances go..thoroughly impressed...UROYs set was better than any other of the handful of times I've seen him..just in fine form, and , more importantly, in a rootsier style than say a dubbed out set by mad professor....

..Bob Andy was unbelievable! I was really looking forward to the 'key' solos that have been so prevalent in his recent live performances, particularly with Lloyd Parks ..but that sax man Steppa and the TAXI GANG just took the songs to a different stratosphere.

"Bitty Money" was worth it, incredible...when he launched into Real Thing..I lost it...when Robbie took the mic for that one song -I was pleading with him to give it back to BItty

Michael Rose was the best I've ever seen him turn in at a festy, although his prancing around before the set prompted me to yell 'DIVA' a couple of times

Everybody seemed to catch Tarrus Riley,,deservedly so. A truly cool cat in his prime. This was (this same chime again) better than his prervious set at Sierra.

Only distress was that the attendance looked down a little, especially at the Village this year.

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
July 06, 2014 08:20PM
I felt that here didn't seem to be as many people this year also. Good and bad. Good that camping was pretty care free. I had a blast. The weather was perfect. I got to enjoy a few great sets with my son. He let me know that rebelution was his fave. I really enjoyed Bitty and then Tarrus set. Kabaka started the fest off just right (though he could have headlined the small stage imo) Mighty Crown brought madddd dancehall vibez. Security and festival volunteers where all super cool and nice. that was nice. I gotta send another shot to the Security team. You came down hard on every sound on Friday and Saturday. But made it all up imo by letting us run sound all night. Maximum respect for helping us maintain our vibe nice and pleasant all night Sunday.

Frog
July 09, 2014 03:20AM
Epic
July 09, 2014 03:26AM
Great to see u brother! Wish I could have made the late night get togethers but I crashed early all four nights! smoking smiley

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login