Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Festie Visages

Posted by Daniel 
Festie Visages
June 24, 2014 02:39PM
I'm going to get things started with this "Parent & Child" who have sung on the stage at SNWMF:

Massive RASpect to President Brown for putting on an excellent set (as he always done) in the place of John Holt

During Prezident Brown's set, I couldn't keep my eyes off of his son, Quincy, who was in back of the stage singing on his mic inna 'freestyle' fashion complete with his own percussionist.....

We had a "Parent and Child who have sung on the stage at SNWMF" contest on twitter last week. I guess we need to add Quincy and Prez to:

1. Tarrus Riley and Jimmy Riley
2. Queen Ifrica and Derrick Morgan
3. Big Youth and Tafari
4. Steven Marley & Jo Mersa
5. Alton Ellis and Christopher Ellis
6. Toots Hibbert and Junior Toots
7. Sugar Minott and Pashon Minott
8. Gregory Isaacs and Kevin Isaacs
9. Queen Omega and Deborah Osborne

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2014 02:08PM by Daniel.
Re: Festie Visages
June 24, 2014 02:45PM
There was a "Press Family" photo session on Sunday afternoon. Our 'expert' cameraman Dolwain Green had no 'film' in his camera for the first shooting, but here's one that I was able to take:

I hope to get Dolwain's photos from the second shooting (which includes MANY more peeps) and post it up soon....
June 24, 2014 02:48PM

Kabaka Pyramid and the Bebble Rockers - What a great way to kick off the festival, no?
June 24, 2014 02:49PM

I thought Ester Rada's music to be excellent and highly intriguing...
June 24, 2014 03:27PM
Jambinai certainly brought a sound never before heard at SNWMF:

Jambinai's EunYong Shim playing the Geomungo on the village stage at SNWMF 2014.
June 24, 2014 06:55PM
As was stated earlier, Kabaka Pyramid and these guys made excellent 'bookends' for a weekend packed with lots of great music:

Black Slate ~ "A Boomville festival"
June 24, 2014 09:16PM
Daniel when did black slate finally go on? I enjoyed seeing Caroll Thompson perform she was really great, it just seemed like she kept playing tune after tune and there was no end in sight. Bummer that black slate came on so late, we ended up having to leave as the baby had had His fill. Anyhow I'm sure it was a great performance.
June 24, 2014 10:15PM
I think Carol played for 45 minutes, and Black Slate came on around 9.15, finished at 10

Love that reggae!
June 24, 2014 11:43PM
Black slate was slated for 8:30 unless there was an unannounced change I didn't hear about.
June 24, 2014 11:49PM
Things ran a little late on the village stage so Carroll's set started at 8:25 with Black Slate starting shortly after 9pm....
June 25, 2014 06:12PM
Black Slate started at 9:05 and gave us 55 minutes of valley stage caliber education. Wicked set!!! One of the top 3 for me this year. I coulda gone with a whole half day of Mr. Morgan too.
June 25, 2014 06:45PM
i'm thinking Daniel started this thread to get photos of performers ("visages"???)....NOT blah blah blah about the performers...other threads to
do that on.
July 11, 2014 03:06PM
More than 60 wonderful photos, courtesy of Lee Abel, have been added to the SNWMF Home Page.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login