Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF 2014 Reggae Business Discussion

Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2014 Reggae Business Discussion
June 24, 2014 03:05PM
I want to say maximum RASpect to Lloyd Stanbury and Sister Irie for heading up the Reggae Business in the US Discussion that took place prior to the start of this year's festival. Sista Irie, David Baram, Lloyd Stanbury, Bob Andy and Warren Smith were the featured speakers which also included some questions and comments from the attendees.

Although the discussion was a bit short when it comes to 'solutions', I think it was most helpful to set forth some of the challenges facing the music today as that is always the first step.

Here's a panoramic courtesy of Lee Abel of the session:

Going into this, I know there was some trepidation that the press would not get there in time to participate, so BIG UP to all the media people who came early to participate in this discussion which we hope will continue in the days and months to come.

I am in the process of gathering up all the 'bits and pieces' from this to send to Lloyd so, if any of you have any video or photos from this conference, please send them to me: publicity (at) snwmf (dot) com.
Re: SNWMF 2014 Reggae Business Discussion
June 24, 2014 03:32PM
I have video of the whole thing but it's gonna take awhile to send as it's 9.24 gigs
June 24, 2014 10:18PM
Glad to see the turnout for this
June 24, 2014 10:19PM
Yes, i'm sorry i missed it, and would love to check it out eventually.

Love that reggae!
June 24, 2014 10:26PM
I thought the panel was wonderful, glad I took the time to catch it Friday afternoon

Be well,

eric v
June 25, 2014 03:11AM
Give thanks Daniel and Warren for supporting this initiative. Thanks to all who took time out to attend, and also to David, Bob and Sista Irie. Our next step will be the setting up of a private Facebook Group to which those who participated in the panel will be invited. We will continue the conversation started at the panel, and be guided by the objectives previously outlined.
June 25, 2014 03:19AM
Yo Daniel,

I got a few photos and at least one video clip.... I neglected to sign up on the lust of attendees (my bad!) But I will dig through my memory cards and get you my coverage post haste. Please add my name and info to the list of attendees as I was both honored and excited to participate.

A thought... If solutions were easy to come by, reggae (and the music industry in general) wouldn't be in this fix in the first place. It was well nice to lay out the obstacles as we see them. A bigger step than one might think. After all ghe first step in surpassing any obstical is to identify it.

One.
June 25, 2014 03:23AM
Giving thanks for this very important part of the Festival. The panel and their various perspectives were terrific to listen to. Sista Irie did a great job of moderating the discussion. I hope this "State of Reggae" Panel Discussion will continue every year with various topics to focus upon. Lloyd Stanbury made a call for positive action and networking on a grand level to keep the music alive and to improve the business, artistic and cultural aspects overall. Daniel is right in his comment: "Although the discussion was a bit short when it comes to 'solutions', I think it was most helpful to set forth some of the challenges facing the music today as that is always the first step."

Peace,
Bagga.......
June 25, 2014 04:13AM
I have to big up Daniel, Warren and Ras James for their commitment and efforts to allow our panel to happen. I am overjoyed with the turnout...thank you to all who made it and participated. I think we could have talked at least another hour if there had been time. I look forward to future panels and for the solutions part to work out in good time. More love to each and all~
June 25, 2014 12:21PM
Warren and LLoyd Stanbury

June 27, 2014 08:46PM
Here is a 4 minute clip from the discussion that features Bob Andy. Video courtesy of sSs Multimedia:

June 27, 2014 09:33PM
I was not able to get up there in time, but please include me in the FB group so I can contribute. Give Thanx.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
June 27, 2014 09:58PM
Wow, Daniel, thanks so much for posting that clip. I just love Bob Andy and how he thinks. I give heretical love and thanks for his wisdom and willingness to reason with us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login