Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF review and slideshow by SIsta Irie 2014

Posted by Sista Irie 
SNWMF review and slideshow by SIsta Irie 2014
July 10, 2014 04:46AM
Greetings!

Island Stage published my review of this year's SNWMF. It is not you usual review. There is a slideshow at the bottom of the page. Hope you enjoy.

I sent a bundle of photos to Daniel (more than the article) for posting on SNWMF.

SNWMF 2014 review and slideshow

Re: SNWMF review and slideshow by SIsta Irie 2014
July 10, 2014 01:32PM
Nice article and lovely photos (as always).

Also deft handling of the Shaggy debacle. I would not have been so nuanced. eye rolling smiley

Great job.
July 10, 2014 03:09PM
Irie Sista! Give Thanks for Yah Works*
July 10, 2014 04:47PM
Yes, true..the Shaggy debacle required 'special handling' but I also know Shaggy has great value to the Jamaican music industry, does not promote violence and made his trademark on music not much more sexual than King Yellowman. I think he was just not a good match for the SNWMF devotees.

Anyway, many thanks for kudos and big up all the conscious fans who support positive music!
July 10, 2014 05:46PM
Sista irie on the payroll of snwmf committee 2015 and forward! The article brought tears to my eyes a I recalled every moment I remember and ones I don't of a few weeks ago. Thanks.
July 10, 2014 05:49PM
Fantastic photos and a well written review.
True true and true. Yellowman is full of wit and style though, at Sierra shaggy was full of ****.
I think shaggy's performance could have been a lot better ( he's got a lot of tunes! I still think it could have been good and I might see a good shaggy show in the future) ,and I feel whether yard or abroad that performance would not be well recieved.
Not a good match is incredibly kind considering the massive going off for mighty crown later that night, which was clearly a long awaited match and quite possibly more slack in a better way, like King Yellowman.
Anyhow , not to detract from your works and the point of the thread.
Your photos aside from being beautifull always seem to capture the spirit of the artist and stage show.
Give thanks
July 10, 2014 07:48PM
Excellent article and great photos as usual

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 07:49PM by lloydstanbury.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login