Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sacramento Runnings?

Posted by J_72 
Sacramento Runnings?
July 11, 2014 06:43PM
I will be attending a history conference in Sacramento for a week so I will have a lot of free nights. Anything going on in Sac or the surrounding areas next week?

Thanks.
Re: Sacramento Runnings?
July 12, 2014 08:04AM
Grass Valley or surrounding areas as well. Thanks!
July 12, 2014 10:26AM
J_72
If you get up this way - stop by and see the farm and get some zucchini - we're about to be inundated.

Wailers in Nevada City July 16
[minersfoundry.org]

Midnite July 23 [minersfoundry.org]

Oroville Reggae Fest next weekend.[orovillerockreggaejamfest.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2014 10:31AM by EvanCR.
July 12, 2014 10:52AM
Thank Evan! Shoot me an address!

EvanCR
J_72
If you get up this way - stop by and see the farm and get some zucchini - we're about to be inundated.

Wailers in Nevada City July 16
[minersfoundry.org]

Midnite July 23 [minersfoundry.org]

Oroville Reggae Fest next weekend.[orovillerockreggaejamfest.com]
July 12, 2014 11:30AM
Check private messages for address / phone. Bless.
July 12, 2014 06:33PM
I saw a Jr. Demus show with Zion Roots at Blue Lamp in Sac on 7/17, somewhere onlline, but check to mek suresmiling smiley
July 14, 2014 03:31AM
EvanCR
...see the farm and get some zucchini - we're about to be inundated.

That made me laugh at the memory of my first experience growing zucchini. We planted 8 little tiny plants and were overrun by zucchini. Like Bubba Blue and his litany of shrimp dishes, we were the same that year, only with zucchini.

We had it steamed, roasted, and barbequed. We made zucchini bread, zucchini muffins, and zuchini waffles. Zuchini frittatas and zucchini quiche and zucchini pasta. We put it in salads, we made soup out of it. Still, our garden kept churning out the gottverdammitt zucchini. We have to get creative. We made zucchini/quinoa burgers. We made zucchini panko fries. We made zucchini fritters. Finally, toward the end of the growing season, we could no longer keep up with the supply. Friends, then family, started to avoid us for fear that another encounter with us would result in another armload of the cursed zucchini.

After a while, we just stopped havesting the f-ing zucchini and the unharvested zucchini grew to huge proportions. Later that year, I took one and cut it in half long-ways. Then I hollowed it out and used it to canoe down the Colorado River.

I hate zucchini.
July 14, 2014 09:47AM
Thursday July 17th at Ace of Spades in Sacramento J Booj is playing with Hot Rain and Gappy Ranks. $20.

Other than that, not many other concerts that I know of. The State Fair is going on right now and if you're in town Saturday morning there's a nice little farmers market in Midtown!
July 14, 2014 09:48AM
And if you make it up to Grass Valley area, check out the Yuba river in Nevada City. It's always nice up there!
July 15, 2014 04:53AM
Thanks Cristina!
July 15, 2014 07:15PM
Evan, sent you a PM.
July 15, 2014 10:57PM
thumbs up
J_72
Evan, sent you a PM.
July 16, 2014 09:29AM
Its a little far, but Stephen Marley is playing in Tahoe City on Thursday 7.17. Slightly Stoopid, NOFX & Fishbone also on bill.

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 16, 2014 08:11PM
Won't be able to make it out the Treez but thanks for the heads up!

On a side note: the new AP US History frameworks, that I am here in Sac to learn, is yet another sad example of "educrats" being completely out of touch with the teaching experience in the classroom yet creating and formalizing curriculum, testing, and laws.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2014 06:46AM by J_72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login