Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chronixx US network premiere: This coming Tuesday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Chronixx US network premiere: This coming Tuesday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
July 17, 2014 07:02AM
Chronixx US network premiere: This coming Tuesday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon!!!
Set your DVR and a huge big up to Jimmy Fallon and his whole team for showcasing new artists.
Re: Chronixx US network premiere: This coming Tuesday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
July 17, 2014 08:46PM
nice this is going to be good. Glad to see the youth getting some air play in a MAJOR way.
Re: Chronixx US network premiere: This coming Tuesday on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
July 17, 2014 09:32PM
July 17, 2014 11:43PM
Not a fan of his comedy, but Fallon does always feature good music, starting with his house band.
July 18, 2014 12:55AM
To me this is a big deal because this is chronixx and not a marley, sean Paul, collieie buds or shaggy. This is real heartical modern reggae music and I feel it needs more of a platform and the late night show. Which I also be live is the most watched late night show provides that. Just think of the demographics that this performance will reach and then add YouTube. This is a big deal and big up chronixx and reggae music as a whole for this. My grandparents will watch this and understand a little more why I am always away around Father's Day every year and love reggae music so much. Giving thanks for this!

No disrespect to the marleys btw.
July 18, 2014 01:53AM
hopefully he comes with some wicked ras tune.. not some touristy vibes as seen by pressure on 'virgin island nice'
July 18, 2014 02:38AM
Night before Selassie I Earthday,
Big Up CHRONIXX*
July 18, 2014 05:00AM
bigvein
hopefully he comes with some wicked ras tune.. not some touristy vibes as seen by pressure on 'virgin island nice'

The reason pressure was on Wendy Williams is bc/ of his tune...and while the tune is definitely A little more mainstream, it's still a big tune. I seen it used for a united airlines commercial, so pressure is definitely bank rolling from this tune, which I'm sure he's psyched about as any artist would, especially when it's not straying from his ideals at all, but will definitely reach a more wide audience.

I admit in seeing the clip of him performing it made me think of him segueing into a tune like Ganja make the world go round or same I ah one, crowd would have been a little taken aback. Anyhow, it's the job of the artist to assess the crowd to see what type of tunes they'll be receptive to, and then try to broaden them some, but not necessarily bringing a huge ras tune to an audience that wouldn't know the first thing about it.

I got nuff respect for Pressure, we'll see what Chronixx a do
July 18, 2014 06:46PM
last night Jimmy Fallon talked about this and said he was really looking forward to it.

he said he went to JA recently and was hearing some selection where he was and the he got "here comes trouble, here comes danger" (Jimmy actually sang the hook) and he was shocking out... so much that when his phone's app failed to ID the tune he went and asked about it.

might be the tune he does?
July 18, 2014 07:25PM
'here comes trouble' is a wicked tune.. as long as its not performed in the same coonish manner as:

July 18, 2014 07:26PM
all smiling and grinning with dave calling them 'girls'
July 21, 2014 08:03PM
wow, this is great news!

and @bigvein - I agree the tune Pressure performed was "soft" and "touristy", but it was mainstream exposure nonetheless, which the man definitely needs because he is an under the radar talent, and is good for reggae overall..
July 21, 2014 08:20PM
This IS GOING TO BE HUGE!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
July 22, 2014 05:24AM
and we thought the Major Lazer bump was big

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 22, 2014 11:07PM
yes, he did "here comes trouble" and i heard he slayed it.

set your DVRs. worldwide worries!
BMC
July 23, 2014 05:46AM
BMC
July 23, 2014 05:53AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 06:03AM by BMC.
BMC
July 23, 2014 05:54AM
Hm, thought that would embed the youtube, guess not. eye rolling smiley

Edit: found the error, corrected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2014 06:04AM by BMC.
July 23, 2014 12:44PM
Chonixx was totally awesome on Jimmy Fallong last night. It really makes me wish I was going to be in NY for the Central Park show this Saturday. Chronixx looked really sharp in a suit with his red, gold and green tam. His charisma was evident. My Jamaican husband glowed with pride.

Fallon referred to Chris Blackwell's hotel in Ocho Rios since that was where he was introduced to Chronixx'x music. The show rocked!
July 23, 2014 02:03PM
Fantastic
July 23, 2014 02:18PM
proper representation..
July 23, 2014 05:26PM
was MASSIVE... Big Up Chronixx for going into Modern Day Judas and Reverence as well. Big shout for the RIDDIM.. ROOTSMAN RIDDIM as well. Honestly VERY happy to see that this happened organically as opposed to Tessane winning the voice and getting her people some love. Fallon said he was in JA and kept hearing this tune... started dancing and playing tune... MASSIVE SHOUT!!!
July 23, 2014 05:50PM
yes.. loved how he gave some recognition to the Jesse royal and jah nine

also glad he didnt get up there and dance and shine.. as seen on that one love appearance from the early 90s.

the times are dread and his performance reflected as much.
July 23, 2014 08:24PM
I'm so bummed I missed this! I need to check this board more often. Shucks.
July 23, 2014 10:24PM
Zana

BMC posted the video zana, just scroll up.
July 23, 2014 10:49PM
thumbs up
Jahsiah
Zana

BMC posted the video zana, just scroll up.
July 24, 2014 01:32AM
Great roots performance. Can someone post Zinc Fence band members? Also, only complaint was some prerecorded synth horns...otherwise A+
July 24, 2014 03:08AM
JAH Bless!
July 24, 2014 05:18PM
Rasta Recruit..HIM cyan d'weet ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I say... Some Never Plant yet want to Reap,
Be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm all alone..
July 24, 2014 10:16PM
Here is a cool video talking about the Zinc Fence Band from a while back.
video: [www.youtube.com]

All real cool guys that were great to work with.
July 24, 2014 10:45PM
Nice performance..

One of the few times I've seen a Jamaican reggae band play to tape (which is common among other genres)... Allows for a relativley small band to have multiple keyboard parts, extra drums (like the fill that comes in at certain parts that the drummer isn't playing), the horns, etc.

Would have been nice to have a larger band, but all things considered this was a very professional representation.
July 24, 2014 11:00PM
That bassline slays me.
July 24, 2014 11:13PM
Walter
That bassline slays me.

Agreed... It's a remake of the old Ini Kamoze tune "Wings with Me."
July 25, 2014 02:24PM
Thanks James! Rootsman riddim.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 02:26PM by Walter.
July 25, 2014 09:09PM
Kinda interesting to me that 2 of the biggest modern-day reggae anthems (Welcome to Jamrock & Here Comes Trouble) use riddims originally penned by Ini kamoze (World A Reggae & Wings With Me).

Might be time to bring out Komoze from the woodwork...
July 25, 2014 09:59PM
Reggabe
Kinda interesting to me that 2 of the biggest modern-day reggae anthems (Welcome to Jamrock & Here Comes Trouble) use riddims originally penned by Ini kamoze (World A Reggae & Wings With Me).

Might be time to bring out Komoze from the woodwork...

You can add Kingston be nice to that list.
July 26, 2014 11:50AM
July 27, 2014 06:41AM
They say Jr Reid was a no-show but Chronixx brought the place down.
July 27, 2014 11:55AM
looks there to me
July 27, 2014 08:30PM
WELL some people just too frass to remember or late to know.
July 28, 2014 09:53PM
I saw a pic of Mick Jagger enjoying Chronixx's performance at Central Park. Big tings agwan!

Positive Vibrations w/ DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 28, 2014 11:04PM
yeah Treez the lead Stone took his family to the show to celebrate his 104th birthday. EPIC smoking smiley

July 29, 2014 02:57PM
August 01, 2014 01:31AM
Not so impressed with the fallon thing. Chronixx is much better feeding off a real live energetic crowd. I saw a performance in germany which blew me away. I'm still not sure about all this hype though. Seems manufactured. As a live performer he is really something, maybe the best IMHO since Junior Reid. But was the EP really that great? I was disappointed. I wish him luck and godspeed. I'd love to see someone like him, a real conscious-minded roots reggae artist put reggae back in a positive light.
August 01, 2014 02:24AM
I agree...EP was underwhelming considering the hype
August 01, 2014 05:25AM
as far as the fallon TV spot goes...wow--I'm surprised at how moved I am to disagree or at least re-visit opinion on the performance.

if you expect to see chronixx generate the same vibes as if he is playing to 500 or more strong while in reality he is performing with his band on a TV set, to a TV audience, you are expecting orange juice while juicing apples.

I watched the set, and personally, although I am not from JA, I honestly still felt this very personal swelling of pride for this JA artist getting this HUGE opportunity afforded to very FEW deserving JA artists--vocalist, musician or band. I just felt so happy and proud for him. GOD BLESS.

in the beginning of the performance, I believe I saw signs of nervousness, and rightfully so. I have no doubt he knew the significance of the opportunity and felt the weight of the moment. and he handled it with amazing grace and professionalism. he was GREAT and was a great example of some current wicked JA music. think about how young he is -- and we are talking about the jimmy fallon show and this youth from JA. it's just incredible.

I was so impressed, and so pleased to see him get the shine. chronixx shoulda GLOW!

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
August 01, 2014 06:08AM
Chronixx SNWMF 2015, nuff said.
August 01, 2014 03:54PM
mosquito killer
as far as the fallon TV spot goes...wow--I'm surprised at how moved I am to disagree or at least re-visit opinion on the performance.

if you expect to see chronixx generate the same vibes as if he is playing to 500 or more strong while in reality he is performing with his band on a TV set, to a TV audience, you are expecting orange juice while juicing apples.

I watched the set, and personally, although I am not from JA, I honestly still felt this very personal swelling of pride for this JA artist getting this HUGE opportunity afforded to very FEW deserving JA artists--vocalist, musician or band. I just felt so happy and proud for him. GOD BLESS.

in the beginning of the performance, I believe I saw signs of nervousness, and rightfully so. I have no doubt he knew the significance of the opportunity and felt the weight of the moment. and he handled it with amazing grace and professionalism. he was GREAT and was a great example of some current wicked JA music. think about how young he is -- and we are talking about the jimmy fallon show and this youth from JA. it's just incredible.

I was so impressed, and so pleased to see him get the shine. chronixx shoulda GLOW!

^^^^
This

Chronixx SNWMF 2015, nuff said
.^^^^
And this

m.
August 01, 2014 11:34PM
I already told u in June AG that Chronixx was coming in 2015! smoking smiley

August 02, 2014 12:47AM
ras2thebone
Not so impressed with the fallon thing. Chronixx is much better feeding off a real live energetic crowd. I saw a performance in germany which blew me away. . . I wish him luck and godspeed. I'd love to see someone like him, a real conscious-minded roots reggae artist put reggae back in a positive light.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty late coming to the amen corner for this artist, but his visit to national late night TV via Fallen was a positive to me, both for performance and as you said, being able to see a conscious roots singer front & center in a mass media setting is a plus. And WELL Overdue. So here's to Chronnix, for his talent and levity.
August 02, 2014 07:57AM
Overall Chronixx did good as far as his singing, but the performance did nothing for me. didn't feel like he brought much energy to the stage.....Nerves could explain the first moments, but even once the song got going he never really shined, to me at least. And i don't buy the "it's under 500" crowd size thing either, cuz we have all seen artists rock a show with only 50 people. I feel like "Here comes trouble" sounds like a song that is gonna have some "oomph" to it...... then the song drops and well..... I don't know. To me this is actually the weakest single on this riddim and it could be such a better song if it got reworked a bit... I mean he's saying "here comes trouble" but sings it so soft it wouldn't convince anybody that he is "trouble" in the slightest..... maybe it needs a rougher voice and ryhme pattern to compliment chronixx's syrupy vocals..... If only Buju were available to voice a verse for a remix...

Some of you will totally disagree with me and that's okay......

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
August 06, 2014 07:15PM
WOW, I thought Chronixx new EP and performance on Jimmy Fallon was amazing! Let the man grow into the star he will soon be before we all judge him.
August 06, 2014 07:58PM
HiGrade1
Overall Chronixx did good as far as his singing, but the performance did nothing for me. didn't feel like he brought much energy to the stage.....Nerves could explain the first moments, but even once the song got going he never really shined, to me at least. And i don't buy the "it's under 500" crowd size thing either, cuz we have all seen artists rock a show with only 50 people. I feel like "Here comes trouble" sounds like a song that is gonna have some "oomph" to it...... then the song drops and well..... I don't know. To me this is actually the weakest single on this riddim and it could be such a better song if it got reworked a bit... I mean he's saying "here comes trouble" but sings it so soft it wouldn't convince anybody that he is "trouble" in the slightest..... maybe it needs a rougher voice and ryhme pattern to compliment chronixx's syrupy vocals..... If only Buju were available to voice a verse for a remix...

Some of you will totally disagree with me and that's okay......

i think the delivery says 'when you think its peace and safety, its a sudden destruction'

kinda like when gregory said 'if i dont get my desires, then ill set your plantations on fire'

meaning, even though the delivery was silky smooth doesnt mean it was any less dread.

bottom line.. you dont get on national tv and symbolically tear up the popes picture(see sinead ocnner) if you dont mean what you say. and if you check the lyrics he did just that.
August 08, 2014 12:56AM
I hear ur point..... Glad u could read into the lyrics and performance that way....
Unfortunately i doubt that much more than 1% of the general viewing audience did the same....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
August 08, 2014 01:02AM
Well I think a reason he was so subdued is the setting. You are one of the #1 late night shows in the world LIVE! If u go high stepping Anthony B style, guess what happens to the sound quality of your vocals? For a festy or a club show it's ok, u want the energy and interaction, but when u are trying to make a global name for yourself and your "music", you want the audio to be flawless. I could see in his eyes at the start that he was nervous as hell Who wouldn't be? Still loved it and the fact that it actually happened! Huge step for reggae, giant leap for Chronixx!

August 08, 2014 01:05AM
This is still the best Tonight Show reggae performance imho! [youtu.be]

August 08, 2014 02:03AM
Yes I Danny Crucial! I posted a very similar comment yesterday but it got deleted in the server exchange. It was a tv stage, and anyone expecting a live concert-esque performance will surely be disappointed. I enjoyed it nevertheless, subdued vibe and all, especially when knowing the significance of it.
August 08, 2014 02:26AM
higrade1, I often agree with your posts but sometimes not, and that seems pretty natural with honest opinions. I think though that expecting a much higher vibes with this TV audience is out of range. yes, we've seen artists with 25 folks in attendance rock the place, but they all have time to build to that; chronixx had one tune. I've been to plenty of big vibes/small crowd shows, and they all took more than one tune to cross over. many more than one frankly.

mostly I just wanted to express my joy at what I witnessed on national TV.

big ups to highgrade1 and all reggae fans. really.

m.

* [www.shocksofshebamusic.com]
* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
August 08, 2014 03:00PM
the siskel and ebert vibe of the thread is a trip, hehehe...

...Chronixx knowing the time, place and significance brought the ooomp and kicked up the vibe when he went into the Jesse Royal and the Jah9, then dubwise with the Zinc Fence...Dread and Terrible indeed*

Bigg Up Chronixx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login