Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Return to ROTR

Posted by Rastavibe 
Return to ROTR
July 20, 2014 07:46PM
Its been a few years since I've been to ROTR. I was a regular 14 yrs straight up until it moved to Benbow. Now that its returned to its original home, I am considering my return to the fest, but times have changed for me now and I'm a family man. I remember it being a difficult experience trying to find and set up a camping spot. If I were to go I would do the Thursday entry. Please any of you who are going can u please post any comments and experiences you have especially if you are doing onsite camping. Any info will help me decide if I go next year. Thanks everyone.
Re: Return to ROTR
July 22, 2014 04:13AM
Was not camping on the rocks last year, but did spend some time out there with friends. I think it is safe to say things haven't changed much...

It sounds like the 'land rush' that used to happen early on Friday mornings has mellowed out. Having the extra day on thursday probably spreads the entry out. It also seemed like there was a bit more elbow room but that may have just my quick take on it.

Regardless everyone was stoked to be back on the rocks at French's Camp.
July 24, 2014 03:45AM
The land grab has not changed at all. I ran in last year and get a sick spot. People tried to scam some of my space to no prevail. One more week till the land grab.
July 24, 2014 04:43AM
Thanks for the info. Please let me know how it is this year. What day are u going in? I would think Thursday entry would take some of the crazy out of a Friday entry.
July 24, 2014 05:00AM
If any one notices a certain area that people flock to 1st and what area seems to be the last occupied or the least /worst spot to camp. Where's the entrance at. It used to be right off the highway across from a camping area and the last time I went it was R Rising last year there and if I remember correctly they moved the entrance up the road a bit in the area that used to be used like a car corral. Do the cars still line the side of the highway. That line would be crazy long. Any little info would be helpful. If I go next year, I'm taking my family and I would Like to be as prepared as I possibly can. To all you who are going to attend this year, have a safe journey.
July 27, 2014 11:11PM
Thursday entry really spreads it all out. There was more elbow room due to less people. They returned to the original entrance only entering from the south. Its not as crazy a land grab on thursday as it used 2 b
July 28, 2014 12:24AM
I just checked out the ROTR website and it is NOT sold out yet. Hopefully it stays that way. Please Jah.

It would be so nice to have an intemate festival.

-Westafari
July 28, 2014 04:00PM
the limit on tix sales is 5000 and a cap of 8000 with volunteers and perforrmers. In the past before the move to Dimmick's there was upward of 15,000 to 20,000. So even if it sells out it will still be an intimate festival.
July 28, 2014 04:24PM
Nice....the main reason we stopped going- frat party on the river..... Too many people!

It is good they are limiting ticket sales.

Peace

mamacali
the limit on tix sales is 5000 and a cap of 8000 with volunteers and perforrmers. In the past before the move to Dimmick's there was upward of 15,000 to 20,000. So even if it sells out it will still be an intimate festival.
July 28, 2014 06:58PM
I got an email about 6,000 tix max. and the permit allowed for another 500 for this year.
July 31, 2014 04:40AM
Have a safe journey too all who will be attending this years ROTR. I would love to attend next year, but I'm now a family man and not sure if i should take my family. Please upon return from your wonderful weekend, please any info about the entry (Thursday entry, parking off the highway, where the entrance is, is the camping situation is still a crazy land grab or is it more organized camping) thank you....... most importantly everyone be safe and have a great weekend.
August 07, 2014 06:39PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login