Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gentleman 1st Time in the Bay !!!

Posted by Christopher 
Gentleman 1st Time in the Bay !!!
July 30, 2014 07:58PM
For those of us NOT going to the fabulous, wonderful, amazing, spirtual experience otherwise known as the 30th Anniversary of Reggae On The River.... Fear Not!! We have NOT been forgotten!! Right here in the Bay we have the opportunity to witness a first! Gentleman, (who will most assuredly be a highlight of ROTR this year) Will also be performing right here in the Bay! Sunday night when everyone else is driving back from their glorious weekend on the rocks, we will have our own intimate date with Gentleman at The New Parish in Oakland.

If you are a reggae fan and you aren't burning up on the rocks this weekend... (Or even if you are and you can find the energy deep down in your soul...) You know where to be this Sunday night.

:Full disclosure:.... I am just a fan type guy, true I shooot a few photos but I am not a promoter or a club owner or in any other way associated with music event production... I am just excited about having Gentleman roll through the Bay and wanted to help spread the word.

One
Re: Gentleman 1st Time in the Bay !!!
July 30, 2014 08:29PM
This will be a great show. I haven't seen him since he started with the evolution band. One of my favorite shows that I've attended was when Dan Sheehan brought him and the Far East band to Santa Cruz about 10yrs ago.
July 30, 2014 09:45PM
Saturday night at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, too. Easy.
July 30, 2014 10:23PM
Gentleman live is STRAIGHT FYAH!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
July 30, 2014 11:00PM
THAT'S Right!! I'll be going to Rasta Cruz, cant miss him!
July 31, 2014 02:38AM
Thanks for posting, we will be there smiling smiley
July 31, 2014 02:45AM
If I somehow helped to bring HaileBless off the coast then I have more than accomplished my wishes! Looking forward Empress.

I would also like to take ths moment to wish everyone safe and blessed travels to and from ROTR.... Please drive safely and soberly... I don't want to bring up specifics but we have lost enough of Jah soldiers trying to blaze home early from those rocks we know so well.... Please, please travel safe mi breddrin.

One.
July 31, 2014 03:34AM
LOL, I come off the coast all the time, more time in the east bay bout once a week.. See you there C...
July 31, 2014 04:48AM
I think I got to make this. Gentlemen live is a great show, tons of energy and a fantastic stage presence. Wish I was hitting the river this weekend also, this will be a definite consolation,,,,,
August 01, 2014 04:45PM
Istopher make a link. Think I can make it. I'll come swoop you up.
August 01, 2014 06:50PM
Will do my friend...
August 03, 2014 03:18PM
Great show for 200 people at the Catalyst last night. Nearly empty venue, though completely filled with good vibes.
August 03, 2014 04:40PM
True Chris, crucial and critical show not to be missed. For clarity, I have seen Gentleman in the Bay Area maybe three times already. Bill Graham Civic Auditorium for raggamuffins fest in maybe '05 or '06. I have also seen him at Slims and the Independent I believe. C'mon son!!!!!! LOL, EPIC show tonight, see y'all in the place to be. Respect sameway.
August 03, 2014 07:29PM
This is gonna be a great show. Big Up all involved in making it happen!
August 03, 2014 10:01PM
I stand righteously corrected Strikkly! Where was I for those?? I knew he'd been in Santa Rosa and Santa Cruz... Asleep at the wheel I guess! Anyway maybe it's his first time in the East Bay!?
August 04, 2014 04:43AM
Well we did plan on going, but Jah had a different plan and going out is just not part of it, though we have liked to go.... Have fun and skank for us smiling smiley
August 09, 2014 02:19AM
Zagga that was a great show. Intimate setting because it was not really crowded and Gentleman came down amongst the crowd to greet nuff bredren and sistren and rock the crowd. My lady remarked all his shows in Europe are way bigger and so you couldn't usually go right up to him. BIG UP GENTLEMAN!!!!!! The ladies went crazy and hey its nice when you can give your artist the lion paw, know what i'm sayin?
His accapellas were maaad nice too. Memba dat?
Big Up Christopher I saw you at the start of the show.....
August 12, 2014 02:31AM
from the show...

August 12, 2014 05:51PM
And here's a few shots as well... Been a minute since I pisted shots from a show!
Anyway my SNWMF '14 shots are almost finished and will soon come
Stikkly good to see you as well, though weve never officially introduced ourselves I think I can pick you out a crowd...

Bless up

August 12, 2014 07:27PM
Gentleman wearing the Canadian Tuxedo....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login