Posted by IYah_Trod 
Calling Rastafari
August 13, 2014 01:46PM
Re: Calling Rastafari
August 13, 2014 03:36PM
Black Congress moving on....
August 13, 2014 03:43PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 03:45PM by papajoshua.
August 13, 2014 04:04PM
papajoshua - gotta take out the "s" from HTTPS as Daniel always sez....

August 13, 2014 05:53PM
Let him suck his mother's milk and even eat bread! ...the great Nighthawk records fromma ST LOUIE

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
August 14, 2014 09:36PM
The Radics-backed/Sylvan Morris on the board version of Calling Rastafari which was released by Nighthawk records far surpasses the Joe Gibbs version, IMO. I can't say there is any recording by Culture I value more than this.
August 15, 2014 04:49AM
Yes I Papa Ray*

Anyone happen to know the source of that video footage from Bobo Hill?

Humble Africans indeed;

[Edit post script: take out the 's' lol]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2014 04:52AM by IYah_Trod.
August 15, 2014 07:20AM
papaken
Let him suck his mother's milk and even eat bread! ...the great Nighthawk records fromma ST LOUIE

Ken i can bet i was first introduced to the night hawk label by way of your show. I remember recording a show once that played a few tunes from the calling rastafari compilation

I know one of those tunes was 4000 years by tabby n co

I think another was from the Itals. Herb pirates i think.

I remember finding the cassette at hastings records at town east mall in mesquite.

I was probably 14 at the time.
One of my favorite compilations of all time
August 15, 2014 06:50PM
wow, you all are bringing back some serious memories! I think I had made a cassete recording from my friends' album of "Calling Rastafari". It was my 1st introduction to Culture, and yes Bigvein I remember the Itals "Herbs Pirate" tune well, and weren't there some Gladiators tracks as well?
August 15, 2014 08:25PM
Pulled that cassette out of storage a while back for my wife's work truck that still plays cassettes. Now it's in the garage tape deck on repeat. One of my favorite compilations, ever. It turned me onto Joseph Hill and Culture. Give praise.
August 15, 2014 10:17PM
Malolo
Pulled that cassette out of storage a while back for my wife's work truck that still plays cassettes. Now it's in the garage tape deck on repeat. One of my favorite compilations, ever. It turned me onto Joseph Hill and Culture. Give praise.

My friends house that we stay at back when i used to travel down regular, had a tape/boom box and we had a whole heap of culture tapes. That is all we would run in that little board house in the hills.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login