Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One of CA's Most Underrated Bands

Posted by Mikey J. 
One of CA's Most Underrated Bands
September 03, 2014 03:27AM
Re: One of CA's Most Underrated Bands
September 03, 2014 08:48AM
Pretty sweet. Definitely a few notches up from the typical West Coast reggae/jam band.
September 04, 2014 01:21AM
Jah Mike
Pretty sweet. Definitely a few notches up from the typical West Coast reggae/jam band.

Excellent quality video and audio....how do they compare to band called Stranger?
September 05, 2014 07:48PM
Definitely my favorite San Diego band, and I agree, they are one of the most underrated bands in California. I would love to see the devastators in boonville next year. All killer no filler. They do an awesome Gregory Isaacs tribute set too.
September 08, 2014 09:13PM
Just saw The Expanders (Los Angeles) last week here in SLO Town and they blew my mind! Super vintage rootsy vibe. Great musicianship and vocals. I can't believe I haven't listened to them before. I just thought they were another CA pop reggae band...was I mistaken! These kids straight killed it and my wife and I enjoyed their set more than New Kingston's and Tribal Seeds who were on the same bill that night. Kicking myself for not purchasing their vinyl.
June 23, 2015 01:05AM
Check out these amazing covers of Aswad, they nailed it! I've followed The Devastators online for a year or two now, but have yet to see them live. I'm not sure who the guest singer is on the second song, but he's got some sweet vocals going on.

Drum and The Bass

Roots Rockin'

June 23, 2015 01:06AM
Roots Rockin'

June 23, 2015 01:07AM
Any tips on how to embed a Youtube link to show the thumbnail and not just a url link?

Thanks, Mikey J.
June 23, 2015 01:13AM
....for people with bad net can u write something instead of youtube?
June 23, 2015 02:22AM
I tried to make the aswad tribute show but didn't make it down there. The singer in the second video is James from big mountain. I think they did a Gregory tribute set not too long ago too. I would love to see the devastators next year at snwmf
June 23, 2015 03:34PM
I think the bass player used to play in a band called Rub-A-Dub from Los Angeles. I would see them often in Santa Barbara in the late 90's at reggae Tuesday's at The Calypso.
June 23, 2015 08:23PM
My fave song by them:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login