Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

review of Tiger and friends in Boston

Posted by Noah 
review of Tiger and friends in Boston
September 09, 2014 02:31PM
Hi folks

Here's a review I wrote of a recent old-time dancehall session with Tiger and friends. Please note that this is a review for a mainstream publication so it provides a lot of context that most of you will find obvious, but given how rarely Tiger performs I thought my account of the night might be of interest.

[artsfuse.org]

By the way, in case you're wondering why I didn't mention the sound, it's because the venue layout meant I couldn't actually see which of the local sounds that did early juggling were selecting during the stage show. (They did a perfectly fine job.)
Re: review of Tiger and friends in Boston
September 09, 2014 06:00PM
Wow, I hadn't heard much about Tiger since his accident about 20 years ago! Didn't even know he was stil performing.
September 09, 2014 09:54PM
Curious about the rants during the show?
September 09, 2014 11:43PM
Respect for the link. Tiger's voice still isn't much good for better than a few lines, but I'm glad he's able to still get out there and earn some bread.
September 10, 2014 12:55AM
How depressing....

"Unfortunately, the night was not just a pleasurable throwback to ’80s digital reggae riddims, but also drew on the misogyny and homophobia that dominated reggae during that era. One crowd participation segment featured the sort of vicious anti-gay ranting that has all but disappeared from the stage shows of today’s current Jamaican stars. "
September 10, 2014 05:06AM
Hmmmm, maybe it's just as well we don't hear that much from him anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login