KING OF CALI CUP CLASH SEPT 2014 AUDIO

September 24, 2014 04:46AM
[soundcloud.com]

BROKEN SILENCE, TRIBE OF KINGS, STAY POSITIVE, ONEWISE SOUND

AUDIO IS MISSING MOST OF STAY POSITIVE & ALL OF ONEWISE 1ST ROUND[

[/URL]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2014 04:48AM by Zions Gate Sound System.
Re: KING OF CALI CUP CLASH SEPT 2014 AUDIO
September 24, 2014 09:44PM
September 24, 2014 10:42PM
Who won?
September 24, 2014 11:11PM
spliffp
Who won?

Broken Silence
September 25, 2014 03:30AM
not a big venue and the place was nearly empty.... what was the attendance???
September 25, 2014 02:40PM
Where's the 'FULL AUDIO'?

This one is missing rounds!!!

'Bout to declare shenanagins onnit, again...
September 25, 2014 07:25PM
DJ Spleece

it seems the crowd who supported the sound scene in the early 2000s is now losing their interest.. or is that an incorrect observation?

do you see 20somethings willing or interested in carrying on the torch?
September 25, 2014 08:39PM
bigvein
DJ Spleece

it seems the crowd who supported the sound scene in the early 2000s is now losing their interest.. or is that an incorrect observation?

do you see 20somethings willing or interested in carrying on the torch?

No I don't see anyone interested. Honestly I used to support and have no interest in going these days. Clash culture has not progressed past the era of hiphop/dubplate mash ups. That was the last interesting development in clash sounds imo. Everything else is just a carbon copy of what used to be exciting and fresh. People get sick of that quick.
September 25, 2014 10:31PM
I drove from berkeley w my lady in expectation of the club dread clash scene.
Flyer said clash at 11 sharp. Looked in at eleven place empty. Went for coffee and spliff instead.
Where is your massive soundboy?
How many yrs you deh deh wit the same thing and ppl nuh follow?
Me love the scene just certain slaggart I will not wait around for.
Show late, night done.
I want to know how many ppl actually press thru.
Embarrassing numbers I bet judging by the conspicuous lack of bragging here for the "victory".
Mos Def was NOT CRACKIN.
Tell dem mr Spleece!!!!!
Bare shenanigans me say!!!!!
September 26, 2014 12:20AM
soundcloud says
Sorry! We can't find that page.

A report has been sent to our tech team,
and they're looking in to the problem.
Please check back in a bit.
September 26, 2014 04:42AM
Vibes we poppin till about 3... Definitely far from empty... Had to squeeze through to get from front to back... Nuff community in the place... Was my first clash... Very interesting... The whole concept musically lends itself to advantage to those with major paper and strong egos (to put it nicely)... That being said within the construct ones are working within each one really shows themselves in their selection, flow, and mic skills.... COnfidence, clarity, and ease very important... Everyone flexed some vibes for sure... One wise had the fire Don Carlos tunes among many others... They had great flow in selection as well... Stay Positive def brought alot of passion and original vibes... IMO they had tune of the night with Israel Vibes - Rude Boy Shufflin... TOK brought the vibes for sure as well... THat being said Dans One def had the most energy... Partially he really brings the yardie style to it which resonates with folks who be at clash... Def had a lot of supporters in the place as well... No matter how you look at it its amazing the amount of energy and love each sound brings to their works and furthermore how they more than any others economically support the artists... And thats a beautiful thing... Bless Fam
September 26, 2014 04:41PM
Word, the I vibes rudeboy dub was the dub of the night. Nuff folks but not enough dancing. Put down the mic and make the people dance. Sounds put a lot into it to get ready I know but it is for their brand and not for the dance floor. Dancehall is about dancing and party vibes. What about everybody gets a token at the door and they vote for best sound with that? Judging is subjective.
September 26, 2014 05:00PM
Was "Rude Boy Shufflin'" an Ivibes Dub Plate or just an Apple dub plate......?
September 26, 2014 06:27PM
LIONHEART SOUNDS
Vibes we poppin till about 3... Definitely far from empty... Had to squeeze through to get from front to back... Nuff community in the place... Was my first clash... Very interesting... The whole concept musically lends itself to advantage to those with major paper and strong egos (to put it nicely)... That being said within the construct ones are working within each one really shows themselves in their selection, flow, and mic skills.... COnfidence, clarity, and ease very important... Everyone flexed some vibes for sure... One wise had the fire Don Carlos tunes among many others... They had great flow in selection as well... Stay Positive def brought alot of passion and original vibes... IMO they had tune of the night with Israel Vibes - Rude Boy Shufflin... TOK brought the vibes for sure as well... THat being said Dans One def had the most energy... Partially he really brings the yardie style to it which resonates with folks who be at clash... Def had a lot of supporters in the place as well... No matter how you look at it its amazing the amount of energy and love each sound brings to their works and furthermore how they more than any others economically support the artists... And thats a beautiful thing... Bless Fam

There you go good to hear ones representing well and people supporting works~!
September 26, 2014 09:17PM
apparently I was not patient enough to wait for clash.......good to hear it went on.
September 27, 2014 03:25AM
Thanks for the good words on the I-Vibz tunes. They were all very hard to get, Daniel the version of Rude Boy Killing only has Apple as you must know Wiss and Skelly won't work with him anymore. Ill put up a couple of the tunes for you guys to check out.
Lionheart I know your not all bout the killing tunes. I love Rude Boy Shufflin so much I wanted to cut it an original way as many sounds out there have the killing style tune. Check out our exclusive Cool Gal Bubblin.

Rude Boy Killing
[soundcloud.com]

Cool Gal Bubblin
[soundcloud.com]

I do have Wiss and Skelly on dub plate. Here is my personal favorite out of my collection.
[soundcloud.com]

Im going to take these down in the next day or 2. I don't want anyone to steel them.
September 27, 2014 09:10PM
Well said Lionheart!
Sound Clash is a league of its own much different from a general dancehall party where you go to dance.. Sound clash is all about playing some big stinking chune with good speech that connects them and entertaining the crowd !! If you look at any clash video from around the world youll rarely see people dancing at a clash, its more of a watching and giving forward type of event. A good mic man is almost like a good story teller & comedian! From what I heard on the audio everyone played well at that clash! TOK with a playback was hard to hear cause I know they were loaded with much more! In my opinion there were too many rules for that clash but so it go!
Shout out to Stay Positive, pretty sure they surprised a lot of people with some baddd tunes!! Well done guys! Big up Dans one & Mikey C on the victory.. Ill be the first to say Broken Silence is a tuff sound! Possibly even the leading clash sound on the West Coast right now simply due to amount of trophies on their shelf!!

Ryan-I
September 28, 2014 04:32AM
"......trophies on their shelf" and skills and a very deep box for those youths. Yes I, Broken Silence. I appreciate and respect the vibes and culture but too much ish talkin. RASpect Jungles
September 28, 2014 05:33AM
Yea the trophies comment wasn't meant as a dis... Broken Silence has been a killing sound with big tunes from long time
September 29, 2014 02:37AM
Diesel

Rude Boy Killing
[soundcloud.com]

thumbs upthumbs up ~> BOUMBOCLAT BAD TUNE !!!!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
October 02, 2014 06:48PM
Daniel
Was "Rude Boy Shufflin'" an Ivibes Dub Plate or just an Apple dub plate......?

Just about every sound in the US has that dubplate, and it's always Apple alone. I don't think I.V. have ever voiced a special together....have heard "Same Song" on dubplate and it was from a sound who wasn't around to voice them when they were together.
October 02, 2014 10:07PM
Chimino
Just about every sound in the US has that dubplate

thumbs up

That's what I was thinkin...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login