Niiice.
Re: SNWMF 2015 Presents: Thievery Corporation
December 18, 2014 04:07PM
December 18, 2014 09:16PM
Yeah!!! Thank you.
December 18, 2014 11:29PM
Nice Draw! Have seen them perform a couple of times over the past hand full of years and have never been disappointed... Def perfect for a Fri. Night ("World Music"winking smiley opener or a Sun. Night Closer! thumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
December 19, 2014 01:22AM
juanlove
Nice Draw! Have seen them perform a couple of times over the past hand full of years and have never been disappointed... Def perfect for a Fri. Night ("World Music"winking smiley opener or a Sun. Night Closer! thumbs upthumbs up

I say excellent draw all around and I agree with the above post. I would love to end either my Friday or Sunday to thievery vibes. I've been wanting to see them at snwmf for a long time. I've even chosen Sierra over seeing them several time at the Greek. That's when the idea occurred that they would be perfect and different for snwmf. I really hope that they do NOT cancel.
December 19, 2014 04:20AM
Yes!!! Yes!!! Yes!!!! Thank you!!! What a delight! They always bring it!!!
December 19, 2014 11:29PM
Not familiar with there music per say but love there Pandora station, any albums that have more of a reggae groove to them that you TC fans would recommend?? Thank you
December 22, 2014 09:28PM
This is huge! Please let them headline Friday or Saturday night. Please!!!!
December 23, 2014 03:14AM
Rossta:

"Richest Man in Babylon" or "Radio Retaliation" might be your cup o' tea...
January 22, 2015 05:47PM
Still the biggest and most entertaining band of the line-up!!!!
January 23, 2015 06:57AM
The thing I love most about SNWMF is how they bring great artists that I love and hardly ever get to hear. The other thing that I love is how many great artists that they bring whom I have never heard of or never noticed up until their SNWMF appearance. The clip Zach posted and other things I am hearing on the web make me think that this is a group that I am going to happy to see live. Not 100% reggae, but when they do roots they do it right. Their pop tunes actually sound pretty nice as well.
January 23, 2015 06:24PM
Thievery corp headlining SNWMF, are you serious? OMG
January 25, 2015 08:22AM
John Blaze
Thievery corp headlining SNWMF, are you serious? OMG

I take it you're not happy with this?? If that's the case...chill man. Would you like Rebelution or SOJA to headline again? Thievery Corporation is tight and they know the true roots of reggae...and I guarantee they'll focus on their riddim tracks at this show. Who knows? maybe someone will be billed above them...doesn't matter. They are an excellent talent and the little ladies love em big time...

Think about hearing this from 30' speaker towers (and, yes...it's beautiful "lie" not "life"winking smiley Bless

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2015 08:24AM by jcom.
January 25, 2015 08:37PM
I wonder which of their singers they are going to bring with them?
January 25, 2015 08:49PM
Jah Mike
I wonder which of their singers they are going to bring with them?

I've been wondering how many and how massive will the band be? I hope for many so hard, percussionist and sitar players. I am guessing that they will have a Friday night headlining spot and that would be perfect to me. I get worn out that first day from driving and setting camp. I look forward to relaxing to the vibes from my camp and/or the main stage.
January 25, 2015 09:40PM
I'm thinking John Blaze is stoked they are headlining!!!! I am super stoked they are healining. Best decision ever.
January 26, 2015 01:11AM
No, I cant believe that is even being considered. Have you seen TC? I saw them at a club a few years ago in SF and was bummed I spent $20, I couldn't really dance to their set. The Melodians and Mighty Diamonds deserve that spot way before TC IMO. Sorry no disrespect.
January 26, 2015 01:32AM
uh, ahem... their latest offering...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 26, 2015 05:52AM
I'm sorry to hear that John. Every time I have seen them it has been amazing. It's way more interesting to watch and listen to... than let's say ... Midnite. Lol. smiling smiley
January 26, 2015 09:07AM
Ras Danny
uh, ahem... their latest offering...

Listened to it. Really nice Brazilian stylee. The singer has a beautiful smokey torch singer's voice.

I've heard them described as a "collective" rather than a band. I'm really interested to see how they do a live show.

I could see them putting on an incredible show or just being a total dud. Just because of the way their organization is structured.
January 26, 2015 09:47PM
Do a YouTube search for their show at Redrocks. Doesn't look like a dud to me at all.

Looks like the peeps from down under were having a good time too:

January 27, 2015 12:32AM
I'm defintely keeping an open mind. That clip does sound nice, I'll check out the Redrocks show.
January 27, 2015 01:14AM
From the beginning a part of TC is See-I who played last summer at ROTR...........Played a great set.........
I have seen TC and See-I usually does a reggae set.......... I love TC's sultry lounge singers but not sure that works for SNWMF............. can't wait to see who they bring with them!
January 27, 2015 06:51AM
Sound the alarm, order the attack, Selassie I Soldier beat babylon back.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2015 06:54AM by DJ Treez.
April 01, 2015 03:15PM
April 01, 2015 04:11PM
Daniel do you know who they are bringing with them and/or what kind of set they will be performing?
April 01, 2015 04:51PM
I have no idea who they will be bringing with them, or what kind of set they will play. What I do know is that, although TC is, at it's core, just Rob Garza and Eric Hilton, they'll have rooms for more than 15 people. So, you can expect a high energy performance with LOTS of singers participating in what is described by them as a 'DJ Collective.'

Ras Pidow, Notch, Shinehead and Sleepy Wonder are among the artists that have previously been a part of the collective. When they performed in Costa Rica a few weeks ago, Puma Ptah (formally Ras Puma) was one of the singers. Here's a short video of him singing with Thievery Corporation at Jungle Jam last month:

And you can here Puma Ptah's latest release here
April 01, 2015 06:35PM
Nice! Thanks Daniel
April 01, 2015 09:22PM
I saw on Facebook that they are performing Sunday night and I was hoping for them to close Friday or Sunday. Thanks Daniel and I look forward to more updates here or Facebook from you. When do you think the next round of announcements will be?
June 10, 2015 05:06PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login