Re: Friday Jan 30th: NATURAL VIBRATIONS & JR REID @ Hopmonk Tavern, Sebastopol
January 30, 2015 09:19PM
TONIGHT : Natural Vibrations´╗┐ + Junior Reid´╗┐ in the Abbey
The 2015 Puff Puff Pass Tour
at the HopMonk Tavern Sebastopol´╗┐
$20 -- 9pm Doors -- 10pm Show
January 31, 2015 11:40AM
If anybody has seen this show or any other show on this tour, I'd like to hear a review. The tour hits Portland for its last date this Tuesday. Both artists on this bill can be great, but are also capable of being mediocre.
February 02, 2015 03:15AM
The tour is going great...we are in humboldt tonight at humbrews. Junior is sounding great and has yung Jr, juju blood, and Jah wada with him. Natty vibes is backing junior and his sons as well as doing their own set. Karlos is opening the show and has a killer solo set. Cruise out Jah mike... Pm me I'll throw you on the list
February 02, 2015 05:07AM
Junior had great energy and his voice sounds healthy and nice which is sometimes an issue for him. Sounds strong.
Natural Vibrations had an amazing full set with 4 part harmonies throughout. Band is super tight.
Karlos Paez stole the show because it was unexpected that the opener would be so dope. Just him up there with a loop sampler and singing, playing the guitar, the rumba box aaaand the trumpet. Did originals and wild reggae/cumbia/soul covers of The Roots, Marvin Gaye, Gregory Isaacs, Bobby Caldwell and Wu Tang?!??? Yeah get there early so you don't miss the whole of the show.
Only issue was they went an hour longer than they were supposed to but thats not a problem in my book. Well worth admission for this tour
February 02, 2015 08:07AM
Yeah, I got really pissed when the artists are having such a good time that they play longer than they are getting paid for.smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login