Konshens
Bugle
Chronixx
Re: Rarely seen reggae most wanted performers
February 20, 2015 08:07PM
how about never seen...

Ghetto Priest
Daweh Congo.

(Daniel - do you know if there is visa problems or something regarding these performers??)
February 20, 2015 08:13PM
Visas are ALWAYS an issue, but I'm not aware of any difficulties with these 2.

And I'll add a name to the hat:

Benjamin Zephaniah as he falls into my 'never seen' list.....
February 20, 2015 08:20PM
Second Daweh Congo for sure!!!!
February 20, 2015 08:38PM
Patrick Andy
Pad Anthony
February 20, 2015 08:43PM
Daniel - have they ever been "invited" to perform at SNWMF?
February 20, 2015 09:02PM
Daweh Congo was sought out in 2001 I believe but his 'asking price' made Apple Gabriel's monetary demands look like chump change. I don't know about Ghetto Priest, but he's one artist I've always liked and his being based in England does make it easier in some ways. Has Ghetto Priest ever played out this way....?
AKA
February 20, 2015 10:58PM
Ghetto Priest was at Dub Mission w/ Adrian Sherwood many years ago. It's been awhile, but I think it was for his Vulture Culture release from ON U Sound in early 2000's.
February 21, 2015 12:00AM
Let's keep it foundation! How about Ken Parker, The Jamaicans (Norris Weir and Tommy Cowan), The Clarendonians (or Ernest Wilson solo)? Also, Dobby Dobson! All of these artists have NO visa issues, are easily accessible and have COUNTLESS hits that are consistently versioned to this day. I respect the modern artists, but I feel we should bring some of these artists while they are still with us.

Respect.
February 21, 2015 12:12AM
Second the Jamaicans, you guys were great with them:

Love that reggae!
February 21, 2015 01:23AM
Here is my idea for a European reggae showcase. Pick a few from this list: Mellow Mood, Richie Campbell, Lion D, Raphael, Cali P, Sara Lugo, Million Stylez, Randy Valentine, KG Man, Cookie the Herbalist, Jahcoustix, Charly B, Skarra Mucci, Italo Skarcha, Teacha Dee or Nico D. I do not think any of these bands have ever played in North America. I would guess that Visa's are easier from Europe.

JA Acts I'd love to see that have never been on West Coast - Dexta Malawi, Micah Shemaiah, Da Professor, Koro Fyah & Kozmik Consciousnez.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
February 21, 2015 02:55AM
DJ Treez
Here is my idea for a European reggae showcase. Pick a few from this list: Mellow Mood, Richie Campbell, Lion D, Raphael, Cali P, Sara Lugo, Million Stylez, Randy Valentine, KG Man, Cookie the Herbalist, Jahcoustix, Charly B, Skarra Mucci, Italo Skarcha, Teacha Dee or Nico D. I do not think any of these bands have ever played in North America. I would guess that Visa's are easier from Europe.

JA Acts I'd love to see that have never been on West Coast - Dexta Malawi, Micah Shemaiah, Da Professor, Koro Fyah & Kozmik Consciousnez.

Not sure about the rest but we've had Lion D and Million Styles here in Sonoma County before. Both put on dope shows
February 21, 2015 03:01AM
Last I heard Dawah Congo did have visa issues. He did perform and spend some time in the Bay bout 14-15 years ago, played at some little hole in the wall club down some ally, cant remember the name.
February 21, 2015 04:40AM
I'd like to see ijahman levi live one day
a
February 21, 2015 05:35PM
1) Max Romeo
2) Jah Mason
3) Busy Signal
4) Pressure Buss Pipe

and I never would have said this 10 years ago... Burning Spear!
February 21, 2015 05:47PM
Ijahman Levi pretty much tops my list too but I am still holding out hope that one day I might see Dr. Alimantado on a SNWMF stage!
February 21, 2015 06:21PM
The Best Dressed Chicken In Town would be amazing!
February 22, 2015 10:11AM
Conrad Crystal and Sugar Roy

Denham Smith

Delly Ranx

Skarra Mucci

Twins of Twins

Burro Banton
February 22, 2015 05:50PM
DJ Treez

Richie Campbell is in the process of trying to get over here. I have been speaking with him for the past few months. He has a new album about to drop at the end of this month. It is being released by Sony Records. This guy is about to blow up. He will be out here in the next year I think. We are putting together a mix CD of his old album and his newer one. We should be done with it in the next few weeks and there will be free copies passed out at all the summer festivals.
February 22, 2015 06:43PM
I like Reggabe s list...Burro Banton would b really cool...he meets snwmf old school criteria. It's like I can't read, Next I will start a thread of reggae artists i can't pronounce.
February 23, 2015 08:45PM
sly dog

Twins of Twins

Been saying for years, Twin of Twins would be great for the show even just as festival MC's... They could impersonate various artists, politicans, celebrities, and even other festival MC's
February 23, 2015 09:35PM
a few i'd like to see in boomville....

Beres Hammond
Iba Mahr
Konshens
Freddie McGregor
Half Pint
Leroy Smart
Max Romeo
Everton Blender
Sammy Dread
Frankie Paul
Linval Thompson
Tony Tuff
Exco Levi
Tristan Palmer
---
King Waggy T
King Addies
Killamanjaro
Channel One (UK)
Jah Tubbys (UK)

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
February 23, 2015 10:17PM
I think Smoka wants to see Beres Hammond on the main stage. He's been asking for years...
February 23, 2015 10:21PM
Good list, HiGrade1. You might be interested to know that I have it on good authority that Frankie Paul is currently on the Blessed Coast and planning on doing some gigs.
February 23, 2015 10:25PM
and have Max Romeo bring his youth! Xana is killing it with Our Father (dub mix here)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 23, 2015 11:48PM
I agree, good list HiGrade. Everton Blender would be perfect for headlining the Village Stage on Friday night! And yes, bring back Linvall Thompson!

Also, has Mad Professor ever played in the Dancehall???
February 23, 2015 11:50PM
I'll second Hi-Grade... LINVAL THOMPSON!
February 24, 2015 04:00AM
Hezron would nice up the place...

Stamina Allstars feat Hezron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 04:01AM by dubgroove.
February 24, 2015 04:01AM
February 24, 2015 07:38PM
Mad Professor in the dancehall yes!...I must say I never get excited about who's the soundsystem in the dancehall...until last year.....they blew me away...
February 28, 2015 10:21AM
A video of million Styles in Santa Rosa at the CasBar on santa rosa ave

March 02, 2015 12:38AM
Yes Beres Hammond shoulda pass through...
King Kong a Burro Banton and a Chronicle??? eeeh....
Tiger still deh deh???
Likkle Hero....
Sizzla Kalonji is the gangonguru ya dun know.....
"Cuz ya dun know the governments of the world stole all the black peoples wealth so we just deh inna Jamaica..."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login