Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NW World Reggae Festival in Astoria, OR...

Posted by Dr. Riddum 
NW World Reggae Festival in Astoria, OR...
April 13, 2015 10:31PM
Does anyone know if the Northwest World Reggae Festival will be held this year in Astoria?
And yes, I'm aware this festival gets no love on this board.
Thanks for any info.
Re: NW World Reggae Festival in Astoria, OR...
April 13, 2015 11:20PM
From their Facebook page last month:

Dates for this year are July 24 and 25
Location to be announced soon.
April 15, 2015 12:33AM
According to their twitter account today, the site has been moved to Scio, Oregon. East of Albany.
April 15, 2015 02:47AM
Wow, I wonder if they didn't pay someone again and now they had to move...again!!!
April 20, 2015 04:13AM
Are u sure you want to waist your time? It's a risk going to north west. The festival was supper fun , until someone got greedy ! Year before last head liners didn't play. Kabaka and Perfect both did not play Saturday night. From 5 pm when they were all suppose to start to midnight they just stalled. Then went back stage to ask questions and found out what was up. They sold tickets with no intent to pay the artist! This came from the head liners them selfs.
April 20, 2015 04:20AM
I'm amazed this is still going on. While last year didn't produce the horror stories of 2012 and 2013, the word I got was that they only had 500 paying attendees. How they managed to keep it going this year is beyond me. Defiitely wouldn't risk the time and the money to attend. Too much f&^%ery associated with this fest and its top dog.
April 20, 2015 11:16PM
They have announced a new venue but still no artists, show is in july, shouldn't artist be announced already?
April 21, 2015 01:18AM
Only if they are really planning on having a show.
April 21, 2015 03:02PM
I am guessing maybe nobody wants to play there anymore. Midnite played a 5 and half hour set last year and killed it and was the only reason I went. Don Carlos also played 3 plus hours but unless those two or dezarie are on the lineup there is no way I will be attending.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login