Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's a family affair

Posted by positive-ite 
positive-ite
It's a family affair
April 13, 2004 07:23AM
i really cant wait till the show one thing i enjoy most about it is that its a weekend for the whole family to enjoy. my kids cant wait till the show also, and i always feel safe taking them to this show. one thing that happened last year was i was staying in angels camp thursday night and had stopped in a store to get some camping supplies. the lady asks where are you staying? i said lake melones and she said oh you dont wanna be there ..i asked why? she went on to say because of the reggae show that was comin to town not alot of good people. making gestures and faces lol...i said oh im going to that show. theres lots of good people there to. we have a really good time every year with no problems. i just really get irritated by the fact that most people think if you talk about reggae the first thought that comes to thier mind is smoking...as if thats all its about never even opening up to listen to a song or realize that many people dont even smoke and most listen to reggae for a "reason" ..because the message is in the music. its really a blessing that so many people that go to these shows know what its all about love ,and make it a safe place for all of us. keep the positive vibes flowing inna 2004 cali massive.
jb welda
Re: It's a family affair
April 13, 2004 04:28PM
that was a perfect opportunity to do a little public relations for the festival and i think you handled it perfectly. polite nice friendly people go a long way toward convincing the community that the show is an asset to their town and community. you might also mention that the show brings in all these people who bring all this money that buys stuff in their local stores. the more people impress the locals with their courtesy, the more the festival will be changing minds in the area and the more people like you encountered will be reassessing their view of the festival and its patrons.

hell ive been there for the frog jump jubilee and believe me, the snwmf is very very mild compared to having the hells angels roaring up and down the street in amongst 10,000 drunk people.

one love
jah bill
April 13, 2004 05:55PM
jah bill you are so right on about the frog jump crowd. LOL.
April 13, 2004 06:00PM
-hellz angelz+ i* almost fell off i* chair laughing. maybe if iNi hire dem for security tingz will roll lill' more smooth! i* kno itz a bad joke on dis serious ting but >forward truth even it does mek ya laugh. -RASpects+
April 14, 2004 05:17AM
Greetings Sistren and Brethren,
This is our first year heading to the festival and I am curious how friendly the vibe is to children. Are the children's activities close enough to the music, so Mom and baby can both be irie? Is there enough shade to keep little ones from toasting in the sun all day, or is an umbrella a good idea? Give thanks.
One love, Jenmama

April 14, 2004 08:51PM
The vibe is very irie and nice for everyone. The children's activities are close to the music. There is shade inside the venue, but it would be a good idea to bring an umbrella with you anyway. If you come, it will probably turn into a nice yearly event for your family to enjoy!
Stevo
April 14, 2004 10:17PM
Jen-
Just keep a close watch over them, nuff drunk people not watching their step. Otherwise bring the kids. They elevate the vibe more than some realize.
Irie Ites-
Stevo
April 14, 2004 11:58PM
bring stuff for the kids to play with (balls, bubbles, kites, kid things). i always find it sad when i see kids having to just sit around with their parents - thats really not what kids do. i make it a point to bring some "kid stuff" to distribute so the little ones can also be entertained.
positive-ite
April 15, 2004 01:39AM
yes all good points i always bring my own umbrella and lil mister or bottles to keep cool plus plenty of things to keep them busy. snacks ,water,games toys,and you know you get stuck buying one of those necklaces that light up every night.hehe.at night we just set our chairs up and kinda make a lil block cause it is hard for people to see at night . seems like saturdays lineup is going to have me there all night . going to have to prepare well myself smiling smiley my oldest is at ticket buying price how they grow so fast. i miss when he was free lol blessings cali massive smiling smiley
April 15, 2004 03:57AM
you know you get stuck buying one of those necklaces that light up every night.

Yes I, isn't that the truth. Sometimes, it's a hacky sack.

Protect Jah children and teach them the truth.

> saturdays lineup is going to have me there all night . going to have to prepare well myself.
Another point of truth. My oldest is going to be nine, she knows the vibe. Yet, my youngest is only a little over six months. Give thanks for InI youngest blessing. This summer I'll have to find the balance between being well prepared and over prepared.
Blessings,
Jenmama

April 15, 2004 06:23PM
Greetings Jen,
There is a childrens area and people who will be teaching/doing art, crafts , storytelling, childrens music/entertainers , a Free Book give away to all of the kids attending, GAMES- including water games to keep the kids Kool, and much more. Check out the kids section on the web site for updates.
One Love
Al

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login