Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

what are YOU looking forward to the most @snwmf?

Posted by Dondaren 
what are YOU looking forward to the most @snwmf?
June 06, 2015 02:57PM
This thread has been a little hostile lately...I just wanted to know what everyone is excited about in a couple weeks.....is it a band....people.....camping......food...the drive.....etc etc etc.
Re: what are YOU looking forward to the most @snwmf?
June 06, 2015 06:00PM
Pretty much in the order you listed. Family and friends having a large camp lunch Filipino style. Band wise I look forward to Pentateuch, thievery corporation, meta, Jesse royal, yellowman, steel pulse,& max Romeo.
I am dreaming of stones and the ny pizza
June 06, 2015 06:42PM
Admiral Tibet!!!

June 06, 2015 07:45PM
Right now I'm not looking forward to anything, because I don't have a way to get there.
June 06, 2015 08:26PM
What you need is a backup plan Jah Mike. Public transpo will get you to Cloverdale....[www.cloverdale.net] From there, at worst, a sign while you're standing on hiway 128 will get you a ride to Boonville. If i saw you and had room i would pick you up, i just don't have firm enough plans yet to offer a ride, or room.

What i'm most looking forward to is sitting under the redwoods relaxing in front of the Village stage on friday night. Pentateuch, jesse royal, meta, max, big youth, taj weekes, no-maddz, nattali rize, and a bunch of others.

Love that reggae!
June 06, 2015 08:33PM
Hitchhiking is illegal in California. And most of those links from the page you mentioned are broken. I checked Sonoma County Transit and there is only one bus at 7:22AM in the morning.

But thanks for the suggestion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 08:44PM by Jah Mike.
June 06, 2015 09:40PM
I think your going to find a ride bro but.....A good back up plan would be UBER or another type of car for hire from Santa Rosa to Boomville. It couldn't be more than 100$ each way. Getting back may be a but more tricky but I'm sure you could pay the same driver to come pick u up Monday. Good luck my friend.
June 06, 2015 11:12PM
We look forward to SNWMF... all of it.
June 07, 2015 02:02AM
Daniel's mustache, Ras James' beard, Pale Ryder's bald head.......
June 07, 2015 02:13AM
spliffp
I think your going to find a ride bro but.....A good back up plan would be UBER or another type of car for hire from Santa Rosa to Boomville. It couldn't be more than 100$ each way. Getting back may be a but more tricky but I'm sure you could pay the same driver to come pick u up Monday. Good luck my friend.

Thanks Spliffp. Uber isn't in Santa Rosa, but I did determine that the Santa Rosa taxi company does serve Mendocino County Fairgrounds. So I do have a backup plan now. smileys with beer
June 07, 2015 09:15AM
Have no fear Jah Mike... If you can't find a ride I will rent a car and you can go up with me and my friend. I was going to take my own car but I can't fit more than 2 people in MY car.I am going back to Bay Area on Monday instead of going up to Oregon so I can take you back to Bay Area..... Let me know if you have any luck finding a ride with someone else first, before I do rent the car....I have a camping pass already so you can use mine if you haven't bought one yet.
June 07, 2015 10:13AM
Fshman78
Have no fear Jah Mike... If you can't find a ride I will rent a car and you can go up with me and my friend. I was going to take my own car but I can't fit more than 2 people in MY car.I am going back to Bay Area on Monday instead of going up to Oregon so I can take you back to Bay Area..... Let me know if you have any luck finding a ride with someone else first, before I do rent the car....I have a camping pass already so you can use mine if you haven't bought one yet.

Hey Bruce no worries. I got a couple of other possibilities now. And if worse comes to worse, as mentioned above, I can get a taxi from Santa Rosa to the fest.
June 07, 2015 06:47PM
fourtwentyplenty
Bullet!
Man with knife sheathed proper on hip.
Ital Wadaddly
The grass on Friday at the main stage
Re union in the redwoods.
June 07, 2015 09:35PM
Ital Wadadly will not be there this year
June 08, 2015 03:58AM
Ras Muhamad.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
June 08, 2015 04:02AM
BB Seaton
Max Romeo
Big Youth
Thievery Corporation
June 08, 2015 04:05AM
Looking forward to everything! Wednesday I take the day off to finish grocery shopping, getting gas, running my last couple errands and finishing packing! Usually hard to sleep at night because I'm so excited to leave the next morning. There's something so fun about packing up the car Thursday morning, grabbing some coffee, and hopping in the car to start the snwmf trip. Relaxing & and listening to reggae music the whole way there. Thursday we stay at Lake Sonoma to camp for the day/night which is always nice little extension to make the weekend feel longer and then early Friday morning we pack up camp, watch the sunrise and head to Cloverdale for some breakast/coffee and finish the drive to boonville and anxiously await the gates to open.and the weekend to begin. I always look forward to the drive there, so much excitement and I always know it's about to be an amazing weekend! Looking forward to just about every artist, tasting some of my favorite foods, and doing some shopping and seeing all the vendors! Love boonville too & grabbing some ice cream from their little ice cream shop. Just a little less than 2 weeks!!! smiling smiley
June 08, 2015 04:39AM
Where you coming from, Christina?
June 08, 2015 01:52PM
Just sacramento! Not too far away smiling smiley
June 08, 2015 03:07PM
Jah Mike is looking for a ride Christina from Santa Rosa it is I believe. Christina anyone of your friends that may be able to help him?
June 08, 2015 04:22PM
1) Max Romeo (Finally!)
2) Thievery Corporation (really diggin' their 'Cosmic Game' LP)
3) Mungo's Hi Fi (great sounds outta Scotland!)
4) Ras Muhamed (Reggae from Indonesia? Gotta check him out!)
5) Jesse Royal (the latest from the Reggae Revival movement)

** Big Youth & King Yellowman will be great too!
June 08, 2015 04:24PM
Coming from Portland.

The second you put the keys in, hit the gas and go.

Many thanks to everyone that makes SNMWF what it is.

BIG YOUTH!
MAX ROMEO!!
SOUL SYNDICATE!
JESSE ROYAL!

The list goes on and on..

Cheers,

J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2015 02:36AM by s3izone.
June 08, 2015 04:37PM
fourtwentyplenty

Wha dat fa? You sure ? What am i gonna grind?
June 08, 2015 05:07PM
Unfortunately all our cars are full sad smiley however I thought I read on another thread he found a ride, is that still true? If something pops up though I will definitely let you know!
June 08, 2015 05:23PM
your the best Christina, hope to see you this year but sadly it looks like I will not be coming this year.
June 08, 2015 05:37PM
Your cooking in that adobe kitchen on the way up or down from SNWMF @Dondaren lol winking smiley
June 08, 2015 05:47PM
Been seeing the Native American bredda with knife pon hip for nuff years, always eyes redda and never without a cool step and skank. Strictly cool vibes
June 08, 2015 06:23PM
@ 420... I made your top three, I am so proud! Looking forward to seeing you as well. I don't expose my baldness for all to see, that would be like a bobo not wrapping up his locks. I take that ish seriously.
June 08, 2015 06:34PM
If I can make it this year it would be Max Romeo! Then just seeing friends and enjoying the vibes and experience.
June 08, 2015 07:34PM
christinalorell
Unfortunately all our cars are full sad smiley however I thought I read on another thread he found a ride, is that still true? If something pops up though I will definitely let you know!

You are correct, I have a ride. I was just asking out of curiosity.

Rossta,

Thanks for your kindness. Really sorry you won't make it this year.

One Love,
Jah Mike
June 08, 2015 09:24PM
No worries Jah Mike, always glad to help a friend in need. I will catch you for PDX reggae show this summer I am sure. If you ever want to check out a Timbers game let me know, I have two season tickets and commute from bend for the games. With my new job and girlfriend demanding so much of my time I have not gotten to a lot of games this year.
June 08, 2015 09:52PM
Glad you found a ride!! And it's always interesting to see where everyone travels from to get to snwmf. I think last year we met someone who was there traveling from Australia!
June 09, 2015 12:10AM
SCRoots
fourtwentyplenty

Wha dat fa? You sure ? What am i gonna grind?

Yes I'm sure. I know both partners and they confirmed this to me.
June 09, 2015 03:37AM
fourtwentyplenty

Unfortunently, James (and his beard) won't be at the fest this year... Hopefully 2016 though
June 09, 2015 03:59AM
1) Seeing reggae friends after 1 year

2) Max Romeo -Never seen him before

3) Big Youth- Love the old school

4) Thievery Corporation- high anticipation

5) Jah Mike
June 09, 2015 04:57AM
Ras Bruce, I am humbled.
June 09, 2015 06:17AM
Very much looking forward to one of my all time favorite bands to see live, Thievery, joining the Sierra experience. Looking forward to jimmy and steel pulse as they always put on a great show. Max, Taj, Ken, Keith, Tex, YES!!! Sierra always turns me on to someone new and I love them for that!! Looking forward to seeing all the smiling faces that share the same love as me. I look forward to next year the minute I drive away!!! Sierra is home to me!!
June 09, 2015 07:48AM
Na'an Bread, Max Romeo, Admiral Tibet, Marmalade....

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
June 09, 2015 02:16PM
I wonder if Mr. Lord will make the hippy riot on the Eel?
June 12, 2015 10:26PM
Thievery Corp.
Gentleman's Dub Club
Jimmy Cliff
Max Romeo
June 13, 2015 02:39AM
Friends

Max Romeo

Mungos HiFi

Melbourne Ska Orchestra

Admiral Tibet

Lamb Curry Naan Bread
June 13, 2015 03:28AM
niceup
Friends

Max Romeo

Mungos HiFi

Melbourne Ska Orchestra

Admiral Tibet

Lamb Curry Naan Bread

That's my list plus:
Ras Mo
JWS + MCs
Thievery Corp

C ya soon niceup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login