Northwest World Reggae Festival...

Posted by Dr. Riddum 
Northwest World Reggae Festival...
July 20, 2015 01:10AM
coming up this weekend, July 24-26.

Anyone on here planning to attend?
Re: Northwest World Reggae Festival...
July 20, 2015 02:27AM
Not in a million years. Original "no pay the artist and they don't play" festival.
July 20, 2015 06:26AM
The what?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 14, 2015 04:06AM
Did anyone go to this. Comments???
August 14, 2015 03:49PM
No go for me, I went last year only because Midnite was playing and grateful I did as it was the last Midnite show I caught and lasted over 5 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2015 09:30PM by Rossta.
August 14, 2015 09:11PM
word on the vines is: apparently the festival's organizers claim 1,000 folks paid for the show. all acts performed as scheduled. all acts were paid. there was a free stream provided by Gary Potter of Lost Forest Recordings I was in touch with Gory for a good portion of the proceedings. there were no dj's from what I could gather.
I do know one DJ who was asked to perform, required payment up front, did not get it, did not go and afterwords received a text from the organizer "You should have come. we could've paid You." (indicating to some degree that there was insufficient funds to pay ALL involved except 'after the gate.')
there were some power dropa during the fest on Friday (1) and Saturday (3) though these were the fault of the local PUC. the power was a direct feed off of the PUC's closest pole to the property (no generatorrs on site, as far as I could gather)... PUC workers were there, trying to keep the power on and were described as "livid" and "I did not think it wise to talk to him."
I did listen to Rocker T (great set tho marred by no power through first 3 tunes). Kabaka Pyramid & Zinc Fence were great with just a likkle feedback now an then. Natali Rize & Notis submitted a powerful set to close that night.

my report, from the sidelines...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
August 14, 2015 09:27PM
That DJ must have been Bends finest DJ Colonel! Big up the Colonel each and every time!
August 14, 2015 10:08PM
oh yeah, he was on the poster without ever having received any kinda payments what so ever...

--
blessid love
ras danny
-Muhammad Ali
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login