Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did Mighty Diamonds (with TABBY) show last night at Nectars in Seattle??

Posted by blessvibe 
Did Mighty Diamonds (with TABBY) show last night at Nectars in Seattle??
July 24, 2015 04:58PM
Bless; anyone know if Mighty Diamonds showed?played (WITH TABBY?) last night at Nectars in Seattle??? If so how was the show????
Re: Did Mighty Diamonds (with TABBY) show last night at Nectars in Seattle??
July 24, 2015 05:14PM
I couldn't make it out but I'm almost certain he wasn't there. My friend said 2 of 3 were in the house.

Wickeddread where you at? I know you were there.
July 26, 2015 01:13AM
Tabby has one of the most distinctive lead voices in reggae. Without Tabby, they're the Mighty Rhinestones or Mighty Cubic Zirconia. To book them as the Diamonds is unforgivable imho.
July 26, 2015 01:27AM
Herb you are too funny, but serious thing, pretty shade booking on R......'s part
July 27, 2015 06:58PM
saw them many years ago in Columbus <ohio Skankland (without Tabby) and they were freakin awful!!!! (Trust me to se the Mighty Diamonds without Tabby is a "pure joke ting" Judge and Bunny are backups for a reason!!!!!!
July 27, 2015 07:49PM
This been going on since 1988 at least, booking Diamonds without Tabby
July 27, 2015 09:08PM
this version wins against any other version period.. the paragons version sounds like a bunch of hound dogs wailing in the school yard outhouse. .. i think many people rate the studio one versions of any song just so they can call themselves a studio one aficionado.
regardless, this my friends is timing and harmonies 101.

July 28, 2015 02:55AM
Well every time I have seen the Diamonds, Tabby has been there, all of them in fine form! The first of those shows for me was in the basement of the Maritime Hall, also the first place I was blessed to see Macka B w/ Mad Professor.. Does anyone else remember that space?
July 28, 2015 03:06AM
Saw a couple awesome shows down there at the Maritime.

Love that reggae!
July 28, 2015 03:47AM
This was actually the basement of the maritime. There was also a couple rooms on the first floor, one of which was the first place I saw Freddie, and there was another bigger room that they had open for 1 of the Bob days I believe it was. Wow so very many memories in that place, nuff nuff shows!
July 28, 2015 03:56AM
Wow Haile Bless I was at that Diamonds show! Your comment totally brought back the memory, would have forgotten all about that basement space otherwise. To be honest though, I remember being unimpressed, I think because of the sound/venue.
July 28, 2015 05:02PM
Yes, was not the best of the Maritime, I remember there was some sound issues, and the cord on Tabby's mic was not long enough and kept getting caught up on things. I was a teenager at the time and my ears were not as refined as they are now, but I remember that we still left there happy, stoked to have seen the Diamonds - lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login