Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pre-Order

Posted by jahboo 
Pre-Order
March 15, 2005 07:48PM
you can still pre-order the new JBB cd and have it arrive in your mailbox the day of release ...

[stores.musictoday.com]

Post Edited (04-06-05 11:10)
borderbandit
Re: Pre-Order
March 15, 2005 11:38PM
Show some luv for JBB!! Bring them on. They should go head to head with Groundation.
March 15, 2005 11:44PM
Already did. Hope it will be worth it.

fourtwentyplenty
March 16, 2005 01:43AM
here's some samples

4 tunes ...

[www.easystar.com]
Nate
March 16, 2005 10:40AM
Yes JBB is the best
March 16, 2005 05:43PM
We dud a couple of shows with JBB in the Southwest, they're fine musicians and great people. Our soundcheck in AZ turned into a collective jam session between the 2 bands. One of the best things about them was their sound person, a young kid who I believe was related to the lead singer Kevin. This kid must've been raised on pure King Tubby and Scratch, because he did some great live dubbing of them from the sound board, some of the best live dub I've ever heard. In any case, it would be a pleasure to have them at SNWMF.
March 16, 2005 06:41PM
wow ... that musta been many years ago ... Craig Welsch (Kevin's cousin) hasn't toured with them since like 99 ... then it was Josh D til 2002 ... since then it's been Jocko ... each has their own sound ... and they still dub ... check the new sounds if you get a chance ... stepping in a different direction and still defintely keeping their own sound
March 16, 2005 07:17PM
yeah, it was a while ago, 98 or 99...the jammin' took place in a venue in Flagstaff that had hotel rooms upstairs...don't know if it's still around or booking music anymore. What happened to Craig btw? still mixing? If you're in touch with JBB, hail up Kevin & co from the Root Awakening posse...
March 16, 2005 10:15PM
yeah craig's work can be heard on any of the 10 Ft Ganja Plant releases ... all worth picking up in my opinion ... real old flavor to them ... and also a new release from Pressure Cooker titled 'Burning Fences' ... it's a real shakedown ... i'll tell them you said what's up ...

there has been some significant line up changes since 98-99 that's fo sho

diff. sax - diff. soundman - diff. bassie - added a trombone/nyabinghi drummer
and Elliot sings about half the tunes now ... check them next time you get the chance
March 16, 2005 10:22PM
Thanks Jah B...I'm not crazy about 10'GP but it's cos I feel JBB are much better players...
not familiar with all their changes but I've heard about them...I really liked their project with "Adonai & I"...which members of JBB were involved with that?
March 17, 2005 02:28AM
Adonai & I employed the entire JBB line-up 98-01 ... and the male singer is from Pressure Cooker ... the female singer lives in Ithaca ... think she sings with someone ... if you liked Adonai & I ... check out Silas 'Uproot' ... it's the solo album from the keyboard/guitarist Nate ... and also employs the entire JBB lineup circa 98-01 as well ...

Craig plays drums and mixes all the 10FGP stuff ... I don't think it's bad at all ... it's def diff than JBB though ... and it could be dubbier ... i love dub and craig knows how to dub

there's 4 song samples from the new album here :
[www.easystar.com]

the meditations do harmonies on a tune called Not Enough with Kevin singing Lead ... the Lucentte sisters (who sang harmonies on "Love & Affection" on the album 'All Time' and on "Rainbow Chariot from 'Among Them') are back doing harmonies on Heart & Soul which Kevin sings lead on ... Kev has one more tune called "Full Control" ... after that ... the rest of the tunes feature Elliot on lead vox ... def steppin in a different direction ... i have a good feeling for this album with Easy Star backing it

too bad we don't live close cause these shows looks wicked !

Tuesday March 15th
Children of Tubby
$3 over 21- $5 under
10 pm
REGGAE TUESDAY featuring:
Elliot Martin - moog synth
Kevin Kinsella - bass
Joel Blizzard - drums
Kalani - guitar
plus surprise special guests throughout the evening!!!
@Castaways, Ithaca
www.castawaysithaca.com

Tuesday March 22nd
The Sound of Victory
$3 over 21- $5 under
10 pm
instrumental horn driven, ska, rocksteady and reggae
REGGAE TUESDAY featuring:
Lee Hamilton
David Gould
Joel Blizzard
Alejandro
Tom Sayers
plus surprise special guests throughout the evening!!!
@Castaways, Ithaca
www.castawaysithaca.com

Post Edited (03-17-05 11:23)
April 06, 2005 06:10PM
just wanted to shoot this to the top again ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login