Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

soon come

Posted by Ras Danny 
soon come
March 15, 2005 07:56PM
sumtin a lotta ya'll bin askin fi gwaan b announcd ina coupla daze, seen....
Re: soon come
March 15, 2005 07:58PM
I know, I know, and I can't wait any longer!!!!!

Ever Forward
Empress
March 15, 2005 08:02PM
sheesh.

m.

March 15, 2005 09:59PM
The Senate is going to approve the opening the Alaskan arctic wildlife refuge to oil drilling?
March 15, 2005 10:13PM
Repealing the Multnomah County ITAX?

I want a refund!
March 15, 2005 10:14PM
Finally revealing the car that runs on water?
March 15, 2005 10:15PM
New color of Lucky Charm?

Post Edited (03-15-05 14:16)
March 15, 2005 10:17PM
Three scoops of raisins???

Post Edited (03-15-05 14:17)
March 15, 2005 10:20PM
Peace in the middle east or a cure for cancer...
but I'm not sure if there's anything Warren can book to deliver that...
March 15, 2005 10:22PM
BUSH IMPEACHED!!!!

Ever Forward
Empress
March 15, 2005 10:30PM
Impeachment is so overrated.
March 15, 2005 10:32PM
You are right about that bun, look what Arnold has done for this state...
March 15, 2005 10:37PM
Like this soon come guessing game...

Oprah as Hillary Clintons running mate 2008?
March 15, 2005 11:04PM
my vote for Soon 2 Come.... my sex crazed friend sara.
hehe
March 15, 2005 11:06PM
wow
March 15, 2005 11:35PM
> Three scoops of raisins???

dats it!!!
March 15, 2005 11:44PM
perhaps a comet of some sort, Heil Bop? (sp)
March 16, 2005 01:33AM
krs-one?
Stevo
March 16, 2005 01:52AM
Roots Soundsystem?
March 16, 2005 02:59AM
What is it? I cant stand the suspense! Tell ussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!
March 16, 2005 05:22AM
KRS One and Mutabaruka in combo?

Damn I was dreaming again.

fourtwentyplenty
March 16, 2005 06:25AM
Gee, wouldn't it be a surprise if it were MIDNITE??
*yawn*
...but it probably is...
j.p.
March 16, 2005 08:38AM
I'm a big fan of krs-one and muta is pretty cool. but I think the two of them on stage would turn into a 50 minute lecture on the evils of killing and eating animals. LOL.
March 16, 2005 10:15PM
I was right the first time.

[www.cnn.com]
Acacia
March 16, 2005 10:21PM
Makes me sick.
March 16, 2005 10:31PM
Be careful what you ask for Bun, you might just get it...
flip
March 16, 2005 10:48PM
Why are you paying attentian to stuff like drilling in Alaska? I can name at least three news stories that are way more important.
1. Michael Jackson
2. Scott Peterson
3. Robert Blake.

This is what you should be concerned about you idiots. Now go watch fox news.
March 16, 2005 10:51PM
hehe, you funny mang.
March 16, 2005 10:52PM

god dammit.. if you think that drilling sounds bad take a look at this

[www.bloomberg.com]

everytime i think it can't and won't get any worse, these bastards amaze me again

un-f#<&ing believable
March 16, 2005 11:31PM
What's with the outgoing and incoming names starting with "Wolf?" They're not even putting on the sheeps clothing anymore. How can Luciano expect us to "stay away from war and strife?" Something's gotta give eventually.

fourtwentyplenty
jb welda
March 16, 2005 11:31PM
quote:

Amid the backdrop of soaring oil and gasoline prices, a sharply divided Senate on Wednesday voted to open the ecologically rich Alaska wildlife refuge to oil drilling, delivering a major energy policy win for President Bush.

unquote

thats how they do it: artificially boost the price of gas and then use it as a rationale to do what they wanted to do in the first place...knowing that the suckers will go along with it to supposedly be able to maintain their gas tanks in their SUVs. every time you see headlines about rising gas prices (imo completely manufactured situation) just ask yourself: how long will it be before we see this being used as a rationale to cheat us out of something more (oh and by the way, the prices wont go down, not for long anyway). you *do* know that regular is supposed to be selling for $3 a gallon by the end of summer? (still a long ways off from what you pay in other countries but we are creeping up on it.

with this current administration we should be glad they still go to the trouble of the rationalization because in most cases they just go ahead with what will make them rich(er) and dont bother with rationalizing it to anyone.

hey we voted them in right? thats taken as a mandate to do whatever they want.

i know its a simplistic argument but it seems to work out that way. is it a surprise that a war with china is brewing at exactly the same time that china is being touted as the "villian" in our increasing gas prices because they are buying so much more oil now to fuel their manufacturing processes (for crap in wal-mart)? aint life just full of ironies? what a coincidence! meanwhile our country gets sold down the river in the name of short term profits for those who control the industries.

re: world bank, that guy is probably as bad as that bono guy from U2 would be; only difference is this guy knows how to play the game and bono knows, what, how to wear sunglasses indoors?

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2005 11:45PM
get over it, it will grow back. we need oil, we have plenty of plants and animals, besides no one lives up there
jb welda
March 16, 2005 11:50PM
i hope youre joking ninjacat

you seen one redwood you seen them all -ronald reagan

one love
jah bill
March 16, 2005 11:52PM

of course not.

what do you think most Nike shoes are made out of?
March 16, 2005 11:58PM
relax I was waitin, it took you guys a little while I thought it would come a lot quicker. Hey if you can't joke about this it will drive you mad. there is enough oil up there to run SNWMF for the next decade and that is about all. Dissin Nike for what again? Do modern research. No corporation is free of corruption, but not many do what Nike does for the inner city youth in this country. PS you should have known this day would come, but I guess this is what the majority of the country wants after all who needs trees, animals clean air and water when you could pay ten cents less a gllon, Right, right?
March 17, 2005 12:05AM

snore.

jb i wasn't hot on the clownish idea of Bono at the WB, but there are millions of miles between and this guy Bushy has nominated.. not just in "knowing the game" or even in political viewpoints.. this is a bad guy jb. bad stuff, man..
jb welda
March 17, 2005 12:47AM
>this is a bad guy

he was nominated by bush; that very fact makes your statement quoted above redundant.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2005 12:48AM

uh, ok.

later
March 17, 2005 03:49PM
"thats how they do it: artificially boost the price of gas and then use it as a rationale to do what they wanted to do in the first place...knowing that the suckers will go along with it to supposedly be able to maintain their gas tanks in their SUVs"

If they raise the gas prices, they increase the tax revenue.

This is the underlying/unspoken motive for artificially boosting the price of gas. It is just an added bonus that they can use the cost burden to further their perverted agenda.
March 17, 2005 04:00PM
Author: bun n cheese (---.cnf.com)
Date: 03-17-05 07:49

"If they raise the gas prices, they increase the tax revenue."

Taxes are paid based on consumption, not the price of gas, so raising the price of a gallon of gas won't increase revenues. On the other hand, exempting SUV's from C.A.F.E. standards, results in increased gas consumption thereby increasing tax revenues.
jb welda
March 17, 2005 09:07PM
thank you daniel...the tax is based on per gallon, not per cost per gallon.

re: the alaska situation, hopefully elves are being recruited. seems like total destruction is the only solution to quote a famous person. and i dont mean destruction of the land; theres plenty of that where this came from.

one love
jah bill
jb welda
March 18, 2005 01:06AM
and when you think about it, raising the price of a gallon of gas could well result in LESS tax income because (theoretically) it means less gas sold (because again theoretically people travel less). like the old saying: 100% tax = 0% tax. its a diminishing return.

but that wont stop the oil companies and the "theory" falls apart when you have people who have to have the gas no matter the cost. commuters in SUVs come immediately to mind. it will take a major price increase to stop americans from guzzling the gas; all we get with these minor increases is a lot of whining. which basically shows the oil companies that they are free to do what they will with us.

one love
jah bill
March 18, 2005 01:32AM
for @#$%& and giggles, i just listened to bunny wailers "arab oil weapon" followed by lion zion's "gas guzzler". good times baby.

m.

March 18, 2005 03:06AM
Ha! Michele, I played gits on a coupla cuts on the Lion Zion "Reggae in America" LP...I still remember tall gangly Erroll riding around Berkeley and Oakland on his bike with a box of his albums, peddling them while he was pedaling them...some nice songs on there, still topical after almost 30 years...
March 18, 2005 04:19PM
yes, herb. we picked this up at omoeba, i think, years back. it was $1.00, so i figured what the heck. got home and after the very first track said, "this kinda reminds me of max romeo produced by scratch". it wasn't till after really reading all the fine print that i discovered it was produced by scratch. a very unique album, that's for sure. what's funny is that if it was $5-6 i probably woulda passed on it!

best to you & yours, hopefully i'll see you around this summer!

m.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login