This really is appalling to me......Matisyahu cancelled at Rototom

Posted by nomotrouble 
This really is appalling to me......Matisyahu cancelled at Rototom
August 18, 2015 02:45PM
Spain: Jewish singer's concert axed over Palestinian issue

Associated Press
By CIARAN GILES
3 hours ago

MADRID (AP) — Organizers of an international reggae festival in Spain have canceled a concert by the Jewish American singer Matisyahu after he declined to state his position regarding a Palestinian state.

A local branch of the pro-Palestinian Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement had campaigned against the concert in the town of Benicassim, accusing Matisyahu of being anti-Palestinian.

Rototom Sunsplash festival organizers said on their Facebook page they canceled the Aug. 22 concert because the singer declined "to declare himself regarding the war and in particular the right of the Palestinian people to have their own state."

The World Jewish Congress on Sunday slammed the cancellation as anti-Semitic and urged Spanish authorities to take action.

Concert organizers declined to give further comment Tuesday, referring only to their statements on Facebook.

In the statements, the organizers said the festival has always supported the Palestinian people's rights and denied they had cowed to the pro-Palestinian group. They said they regretted Matisyahu wouldn't be playing.

"We did not say NO to Matisyahu because he has Hebrew roots or as a Zionist, but we just simply considered inappropriate organizing something that would certainly generate a conflict," one statement said.

On his Facebook page, Matisyahu — whose name is Matthew Miller — Monday described the decision as "appalling." He said the festival organizers were pressured by the pro-Palestinian group and wanted him "to write a letter, or make a video, stating my positions on Zionism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to pacify the BDS people."

"I support peace and compassion for all people. My music speaks for itself, and I do not insert politics into my music," he wrote and questioned whether other festival artists had faced similar demands.

Love that reggae!
Re: This really is appalling to me......Matisyahu cancelled at Rototom
August 18, 2015 03:25PM
If he doesn't insert politics into his music then I don't insert myself into his music

Peace isnt just a tune or a word you yell into a mic, there is alot of work off the stage that needs to happen
August 18, 2015 04:52PM
I myself WOULD NOT HAVE cancelled Matisyahu!!!!
If you book him know what he's about that is controversial (jewish nationalism) and don't let some protest group come tell you how to run your show.
I disagree with Matisyahu on the issue but I don't want to get all sectarian about it.
As a person of Irish descent many said leave the old world sectarian conflicts in the old world, but as you know many people carry their ethnic identities from the old world with them to the new for many generations, including political ones. And it gets more complex with the Jewish and Irish because religion is connected to identity.
I mean there are groups that are Heavy Metal White Power bands.... If you book em or you buy tickets then that's your deal.
Not to say that Matisyahu is on the same level as any of them, although the emotional might say so.
I mean The man has an atrocious right wing stance on a popular issue.
Reggae and international music tends to be NOT RIGHT WING and AGAINST RIGHT WING BELIEFS.
It makes complete sense especially in Europe.
I was talking to a newbie the other day about reggae and I gave him a Chronixx mix.
He asked if I liked Matisyahu.......and I said yeah he's cool, so as not to alienate the kid.
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think I'm so effin Important that I want the political beliefs of all performers to reflect mine and if they don't well then I am going to raise a stink.
I just think its and extremely selfish and juvenille way to look at the world but unfortunately it is increasingly common.
LET THE MAN PLAY ACCORDING TO THE DICTATES OF MUSIC PRODUCTION AND CONSUMPTION.
If that means the masses do not choose to listen so be it.
If the masses choose to listen then, "YOU GOT TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!"
August 18, 2015 05:39PM
I assume that my personal, spiritual and political beliefs DO NOT ALIGN with most of the musicians I listen too.

Spot on Stricktly, who the hell did they think they were booking? The festivals political agenda is clear, why not make it part of the original performance contract instead of extorting the artist after they have an agreement.
August 18, 2015 06:32PM
I'm not a big fan of Matis' music, considering it more jam band than reggae, but I totally agree with him here. Inserting politricks into art is a slippery slope. I don't know if you remember what happened to art in the Soviet Union when artists were required to make their works according to the revolutionary party line. It turned to cliched $#!t.

Matisyahu's response:
“The festival organizers contacted me because they were getting pressure from the BDS movement. They wanted me to write a letter, or make a video, stating my positions on Zionism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to pacify the BDS people. I support peace and compassion for all people. My music speaks for itself, and I do not insert politics into my music. Music has the power to transcend the intellect, ideas, and politics, and it can unite people in the process. The festival kept insisting that I clarify my personal views; which felt like clear pressure to agree with the BDS political agenda. Honestly it was appalling and offensive, that as the one publicly Jewish-American artist scheduled for the festival they were trying to coerce me into political statements. Were any of the other artists scheduled to perform asked to make political statements in order to perform? No artist deserves to be put in such a situation simply to perform his or her art. Regardless of race, creed, country, cultural background, etc, my goal is to play music for all people. As musicians that is what we seek. – Blessed Love, Matis”
August 18, 2015 07:09PM
Someone needs to fire the booking agent. How could any thinking person book him and not know his background, beliefs, etc?
August 18, 2015 09:28PM
I went to a Matisyahu concert a few years ago. I didn't hear any politics. In fact i've never heard that this artist had any opinion on the palestinian state issue, but i never really searched for it either. To hold him to a standard which you don't hold every other artist at that festival to, namely stating his political beliefs on a subject unrelated to music, is the definition of anti semitism. He was treated this way because he identifies as a jew? Shocking to me, and shocking that this was done by such a large well known organized event.
One which i will never, ever watch, or support again, if i ever did. I bet they had some artists there with anti gay lyrics......

Way to go Rototom, bringing bigotry to reggae. You can retire this festival right now.

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2015 09:30PM
It's like they just let the palestinians fire a rocket into the festival.

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2015 09:43PM
Over the weekend, American reggae singer Matisyahu, who is Jewish, was booted from Spain's Rototom Sunsplash music festival. According to the festival's organizers, they canceled his performance because Matisyahu refused to issue a statement endorsing a Palestinian state.

That's exactly as outrageous as it sounds: The implication is that Jews are a suspect class, that all Jews are presumed responsible for the actions of Israel, and that is appropriate to demand that Jews affirmatively prove they have the "right" loyalties and beliefs.

But this is about more than just one Spanish reggae fest. The controversy speaks to a much bigger fight over the growing international campaign to boycott Israel, and if that campaign can overcome the extremists in its ranks — or whether it even wants to.

Why Matisyahu's performance was canceled

The sequence of events here is important to understanding how this became an international controversy.

The first reports of Matisyahu playing Rototom appear around mid-April; he's scheduled for the Main Stage on August 22, the last day of the festival. His prominent billing makes sense; Matisyahu has been among the world's most famous reggae artists since about 2005. His music has always been pretty heavily Jewish-inflected, which was actually a selling point in Rototom's official bio on the website.

Sometime after that, the anti-Matisyahu campaign begins. It's spearheaded by the local chapter of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement in Valencia, Spain (the Rototom festival is held just outside of the city). BDS is a campaign that promotes boycotts of Israeli goods and sanctions on the country; more about this, and why it's so controversial, later.

The local BDS chapter, according to the newspaper El Pais (in Spanish), wanted Rototom to cancel Matisyahu's concert. Their main complaint, they said, was that Matisyahu is a Zionist who defends "a state — Israel — that practices apartheid and ethnic cleansing."

For a bit, Rototom's organizers stood by Matisyahu. They wrote in an August 11 Facebook post that his previous comments suggesting sympathy for Israel didn't mean he supported all Israeli policies.

Just two days later, though, the head of the festival, Filippo Giunta, demanded that the artist clarify his stance on Israel/Palestine. Matisyahu refused. On August 15, Rototom's organizers announced that the concert was canceled, citing the artist's failure to "clearly declare himself regarding the war and in particular the right of the Palestinian people to have their own State."

That's when the controversy exploded — and stopped being just about Matisyahu.

What Matisyahu actually believes and what it says about BDS

You might get the sense from all this that Matisyahu is an outspoken champion of the Israeli occupation of the West Bank. In fact, he goes to some lengths to avoid discussing politics, and particularly the Israel-Palestine conflict, on which he has resisted taking a position. The fact that this alone got him booted from the Spanish music festival is significant for this episode.

Occasionally, a reporter will press him into discussing Israel, and typically Matisyahu will respond in a way that suggests sympathy for Israel but also a very strong desire to remain apolitical. In 2010, for example, he lamented what he called "one-sided" media coverage of the raid on a Gaza aid flotilla by Israeli forces, which killed 10. When the reporter asked him if he was a "militant Zionist," Matisyahu responded, "No. What does that even mean? That's getting into bigger questions, and I'm not going to do that. I'm a musician. My whole purpose is to bring people together; it's not about focusing on negative stuff."

"I HAVE NO ANSWERS AS TO WHO’S RIGHT AND WHO’S WRONG"

Similarly, in 2012 he told the Cornell Sun in an interview that "as far as I understand, there was never a country called Palestine." It was a bizarre thing to say and understandably offensive to Palestinians. But he appeared to be speaking historically about a Palestinian state, not ideologically about the existence of Palestinians as a people. And, more to the point, he hastened to add, "I’m not going to claim that I have the answer or the truth or the right knowledge. I’m a singer. ... I have no answers as to who’s right and who’s wrong, and how we should deal with such huge issues that go back so far."

The point is that if you look at what Matisyahu has actually said, yes, he has at times suggested a vague sympathy for Israel, but it's clear that his overwhelming view is that he is apolitical and doesn't think it's his business to weigh in.

Yet the BDS campaign against Matisyahu claims he supports "apartheid and ethnic cleansing." Why? Given the scant evidence, it looked like the BDS chapter had concluded this based in part on Matisyahu's religion, and an assumption that Jews necessarily support all Israeli policies unless they prove otherwise. It's not a standard, after all, that non-Jews are being held to.

At the same time, the hostility to Matisyahu also seemed to reflect a belief that showing any support for Israel or Israelis is tantamount to complicity in all Israeli actions. That's an odd standard, given that many Americans can oppose certain US policies, such as drones or the Iraq War, without opposing the existence of the United States itself.

That standard starts to make more sense, though, if you think that not just Israeli policies, but the existence of Israel itself, is the problem. And indeed that is the position of some, though certainly not all, within BDS.

This shows a fundamental problem for BDS

BDS, as a movement, officially has one central objective: to put economic and political pressure on Israel in order to get it to change its policies towards the Palestinians.

That's a cause with mainstream support in Europe, and elsewhere, as a means to end the occupation. But it's also a cause that's attracted support from activists who take a more extreme position. The incident with Matisyahu speaks to that, and to the way in which the movement is at times defined by its most hard-line members.

Much of the support for BDS comes from anger at Israel's settlement policy in the West Bank and its policies toward Gaza. "The main reason for [BDS's] continued growth ... is the failure to end the occupation that began in 1967 and achieve Palestinian national liberation and sovereignty," Matt Duss, the president of the Foundation for Middle East Peace, said in recent congressional testimony.

Yet BDS has also attracted members who want to do more than just stop Israel's occupation of the West Bank and its policies toward Gaza. While the movement takes no official position on how to end the Israel-Palestine, one of its co-founders, Omar Barghouti, has called for unifying them into a single state, which would mean dissolving Israel as a Jewish state. This has fed suspicions that at least some proponents of BDS do not see it as just a means to pressure Israel to change its policies, but a means to ending Israel itself.

Proponents of anti-Semitism, which is rising globally, have also at times gravitated toward BDS. This spring in South Africa, for example, protesters rallying in support of BDS shouted, "You Jews do not belong here in South Africa."

That said, it would of course be wrong and unfair to judge an entire movement by the policy positions of a few of its members, or to judge all of BDS based on the statements of a few proponents in a protest. And indeed, many BDS proponents stress their support for a two-state solution that preserves Israeli statehood and protects Israeli interests. That includes the European Union, which is considering a measure to label any imports produced in Israeli settlements — a sort of soft boycott of those settlements.

But the Matisyahu incident shows that BDS really can sometimes look like the movement its more hard-line members want it to be. And the movement really has failed to deal with this. As the left-wing writer Moriel Rothman-Zecher points out, it's not clear BDS knows how to deal with this problem:

The majority of the BDS campaigns I have followed are non-violent and justice-seeking...[but] it seems that many pro-BDS activists are unwilling to even question a BDS campaign (like the Matisyahu one) or entertain the thought that there could be some traces of bigotry involved unless the organizers of the campaign go full out and say "Btw we hate all Jews." It is as if all one needs to do is swap out the word "Zionist" for "Jew," and they’re good to go.

Who is welcome in BDS?

The issue goes beyond a few cranks. Part of BDS's objective is to stigmatize: to make opposing their vision for Palestinian liberation unacceptable in polite circles, just as the campaign against South African apartheid made it socially unacceptable to support that government.

But they at times extend that stigmatization to any association with Israel, whether it is related to the occupation or not; an implication of this logic is that the Israeli state itself should be considered fundamentally illegitimate.

"The Palestinian boycott call targets cultural institutions, projects and events that continue to serve the purposes of the Israeli colonial and apartheid regime," as BDS puts it on its website.

IT'S A LOGIC THAT IS EITHER TOTALLY INCOHERENT OR ANTI-SEMITIC OR BOTH

That's roughly the logic by which it makes sense to target Matisyahu for protest, even though he's not Israeli: His refusal to condemn Israel's treatment of Palestinians serves "the purposes of the Israeli colonial and apartheid regime."

But that logic only makes sense if you assume that this American Jew who goes out of his way to avoid discussing the Israel-Palestine conflict, and in his few statements has hinted at generalized sympathy to Israel, must therefore be somehow abetting Israeli policies. It's a logic that is either totally incoherent or anti-Semitic or both.

As long as the BDS movement refuses to clarify its position on what is and is not a legitimate target for boycotting, not to mention on whether it sees the Israeli state as legitimate, it will likely continue to attract, and to some extent be defined by, extremists like those in the Valencia chapter. Running any international, decentralized movement is difficult, and often requires accepting a plurality of views, but until BDS sets a clear line on what it won't accept, it will be known as the movement that attacks largely apolitical Jewish singers as well as the movement that seeks justice for Palestinians.

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2015 11:59PM
Nomo jsut sayin anti-semitic is a strong accusation.
Many people are anti-semitic and I have heard and seen it but its similar to me going to a Rap show and protesting that they are against white people.
I have heard alot of people say stupid prejudicial things against jewish people especially after 9-11 and with the wars in the East.
Nomo I really think this kind of stupidity is best labeled prejudice whereas when people make provocative moves toward violence or incendiary language to provoke hate and violence then that is best labeled anti-semitism.
Jewish people are perceived to be mostly white and middle class these days and less viewed as oppressed in American society, though the history is there.
Jewish people have been the victims of atrocity through history and thank God they have mostly overcome.
The situation showed very bad personal prejudice I would say that you should reserve the label of anti-semitic to those who truly deserve it.
That being said I certainly do not approve of the move in popular culture in the US and Europe to demonize jewish and Israeli people over this topic, there is certainly some dehumanization going on there, but again all of it is not anti-semitism.
Respect on the topic and your emotions though Nomotrouble.
Its all respect.
August 19, 2015 02:12AM
Booking him for his following and artistic movement is reasonable however it shouldn't have happened in the first place if organizers are holier than thou about these types of topics. Seems like Rototom liked the idea of his ticket sales but felt guilty about it later which isn't how you accomplish victories in this chaotic conflict.

Everyone involved hopped on their high horse (partially justified) and now the reggae culture has to pay for it and no one is happy.

As a political strategy these protestors should to go after the powers that be and let the peace loving reggae hippies enjoy our music.
August 19, 2015 03:16AM
I did get a little wound up over this one. It is prejudice strikkly, but when its handled as poorly and transparently as this was, an obvious cowing to the protest groups, it doesn't leave much to the imagination. it confounds me that those groups are taken seriously. anti semitic just means you're against jews from the get go, and seems to describe those in charge in this case pretty well. the man never wrote songs about burning palestinians or anything, he's just jewish.

i learned all about it when i was twelve. My brother and i had just lost some money in a candy machine when two other young gentleman approached, and began to get money out. We told them the machine was broken and would take their money. They put their coins in anyway, and when the machine also took their money, the more imaginative of the two said 'Damn jewish machine@!' And so my brother and i, both jewish, learned a sad truth about bigots. Not only are they stupid, but they can't even be helped when you try, and then they insult you. Best to avoid them completely.

I guess i'm done, but i will never think about rototom the same way.

Love that reggae!
August 19, 2015 04:05AM
Okay right on Nomotrouble.
Thanks for the thread...
respect everytime
August 19, 2015 04:54AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt Zionism by definition a form of seraration and segragation. Basically, if your not one of us you dont belong here?
August 19, 2015 03:52PM
I couldn't dive into reading this whole thread but my 2 cents is Matisyahu and his music is really lame and didn't he refuse to perform before a woman , Dezarie at the Long Beach Bob fest because of her sex and his interpretation of religion?
August 19, 2015 04:09PM

didn't he refuse to perform before a woman , Dezarie at the Long Beach Bob fest because of her sex and his interpretation of religion?

Not because of the sex of the performer before him but, rather, on account of his not wanting to perform during the Sabbath (which ended at sundown on Saturday)....
August 19, 2015 05:12PM
I don't know, the 25% of non-Jews in Israel would beg to differ with you. That's the definition of Zionism the anti-Israel gang would have you believe, trying to turn "Zionist" into a pejorative or insult. When all it means is someone (of any religion or ethnicity) who believes that the Jewish people should have a small piece of land as a historic homeland so that they can secure themselves and prosper within. I've encountered a ton of Zionist Christians, and even a fair number of Zionist Muslims whose Koran testifies that Allah gave that land to the "People of the Book." Jews may be the majority in Israel, but it's no more segregated by religion than the United States is as a predominantly Christian nation. The majority are one religion, but there's separation between religion and government that prevents theocracy and guarantees freedom of religion for all. I hope that helps EBH.
August 19, 2015 05:30PM
Good points about mixing art & politricks … yet at risk of doing such I’ll ask: How come when they replace Matisyahu at Rototom with Etana they didn’t ask her to make a PC statement? So who practicing discrimination?

Israeli peoples, like all peoples have a right to live and be free so to the PC’s who think they know-it-all suggest take a look at the bigger picture ie. this Jahpanese view of the conflict Jahpanese

In this school of life things never so simple as the false dualism of ‘us vs. them.’ Is an electric battery only 2 opposing poles? What about that mysterious 3rd force attracting & repelling?

Yeh there are certainly psychos attracted to positions of authority – and there are good people who cry for freedom from the oppressed of this world - but who really knows the fullness of who’s who thru the lens darkly until such time as the Iyah1 sort this mess out?

The ‘us vs. them’ mentality become a fools-errand because there are good people who choose to be of service within the institutions of societies and there are plenty of selfish little self-aggrandizing bozos who chose to be agents of hatred & confusion within the so-called progressive movements.

The conspiracy theory OCD’s misdirect their energies in the finger pointing blame-game.

Suggest reggae lovers lift up themselves beyond the false illusions of ‘us vs. them’ and get with the real curriculum. “Be the change you want to see in this world” (and by the way, Gandhi - the author of that quote was no wishy-washy pushover!)

But the haters & the know-it-alls … the self-acclaimed PC’s and the tuff bwoys … are actually deceived & deceivers afraid of facing and acknowledging their greatest enemy … THEMSELVES.

And when we do cross paths with haters at the vending machines and PC music festivals on the road of life. Sorry fi dem. No goody here to lead no baddy’s life but their own. Living your own life is a full time job for those who chose to enroll in the school of reality. Them baddys going to have to learn their own lessons - so keep trodding the good road & like some reggae greats launch a hit song back in the day: “Keep De Boogie Going“ … (no cold vibe gunna spoil the boogie)

[www.ebreggae.com]

(by the way – who dat yute standing on the left? And I couldn’t find the song on Youtube so if someone with more computer literacy than myself could upload it that be cool.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
“Don’t ask what you can do to change the world. Ask what you can do to come alive and go do it because what this world needs is more people to come alive.” - Howard Thurman – MLK’s elder teacher when he was a theology student (and MLK certainly wasn’t no wishy-washy pushover either!)
August 19, 2015 06:41PM
August 19, 2015 09:01PM
Wow. The story gets wierder as they now have invited him back. It seems like they could have avoided looking like a bunch of scatterbrained judgemental douches by never cancelling the show in the first place.
August 20, 2015 01:14AM
Ya, wow. Amateur hour. I think if i were Matisyahu, i might rent a huge place myself and throw a free concert. The water still smells a bit bad at rototom. There are some things it's just real hard to apologize for. 'Sorry we were anti semitic, it was a mistake.'

Love that reggae!
August 20, 2015 03:19AM
To I it feel a positive win/win for all involved ... Rototom did come clean with acknowledgement their mistake & insight of the negative pressure put on them by the PC & the haters. So respect Rototom for doing the right thing. Jah willing it may help bring a reunification of the ancient cousins - Jew & Arab - them who need now embrace what Ziggy Marley say: "My religion is LOVE." ... it sure don't hurt Matisyahu publicity either smiling smiley
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
'Dem needah Jew nah Gentile, needah slave nah free, needah mon nah umon, fo unno a 1 in di Iyah Ites' (Ily Bibby ... Galatians 3:28)
August 20, 2015 04:19AM
I looked up the BDS movement and it stands for Boycott Divestment and Sanctions.
They are basically calling Israel an Apartheid State that discriminates against the Palestinians in a racial and categorical way the same as South Africa held down blacks.
As far as the reggae context, well reggae played a huge role in the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions campaign in the 80's against South Africa which led to the fall of the Apartheid regime. So the concept of Boycott Divestment and Sanctions is not foreign to the older reggae heads.
If people are pushing for a resolution of the deplorable conditions in Palestine well that is one thing.
I don't think canceling Matisyahu will do ONE IOTA of good for the welfare of the Palestinian people.
But I think people are confusing true activism with what people have been doing to Buju and Sizzla and Beenie and all them for years with these protests and boycotts of shows.
That is not real activism dummies.
I don't think that artists or entertainers should have to shoulder the political burden of their religion or ethnicity.
The same way Jamaicans should not have to shoulder the blame for the popular cultural beliefs of their country.
If his exclusion was based solely on his race and or ethnicity or religion...THEN it is ABSOLUTELY WRONG and should be condemned in strong terms.
AGAIN I think it is extremely important that we look at ARTISTS as a separate category, as ambassadors per say, and in that context artists should be exempt from the confines of politics and nations and borders and things.
Like if I went to another country during the Iraq War I should not be personally blamed for the bad politics of my country.
If Matisyahu has a different point of view than you maybe you should check it out.
Give thanks for the reasoning overall, I benefited.
August 20, 2015 06:20AM
I'm just going to leave this right here.....

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.” - Haile Selassie

sorry no pass card for artists

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2015 06:24AM by DJ Treez.
August 20, 2015 07:50AM
nomotrouble
It's like they just let the palestinians fire a rocket into the festival.

THIS is REALLY APPALLING to me.
August 20, 2015 11:26AM
I've been listening to this cut of the Cutting Edge this morning.. Muta's reasoning in this clip is quite relevant to the source this issue, so i figured i'd post it.

August 20, 2015 01:27PM
Mutabaruka can talk & even hypnotize with the cadence of his ostensible arguments ... but knowledge is not wisdom and truths can be turned into half truths and half truths can be turned into no truths. Depend how you see it & what your reggae intention is in your personal inner-life

To I reggae is a spiritual livity & me yet to ever hear Mutabaruka utter a humble praises to the Most High. He is a camouflage politickian & Black racial supremacy is his intention ... just like his brethren Farrakhan ... who started his public career as a second-rate calypsonian with a duppy obeah name 'The Enchanter'

In that hate-crime Youtube 'Rootsthroughsidewalks' assert is relevant - Mutabaruka claim conspiracy b.s. that Jews run the world ... so I'll quote that Jewish boy Bob Dylan song: "Gotta Serve Somebody" ... so who is Mutabaruka and The Enchanter really serving? ... When you really look into it - them is slick-talking agents of hatred & confusion!

this Youtube called Mutabaruka vs. Farrakhan ... but is not vs. ... should be more aptly named '2 Blabbermouth Racial Supremist Deceivers giving each other props'

PS: Why did Malcolm leave out from Farrakhan's b.s.? And who bumped Malcolm?
...............................................................................................................................................................................................
You may be a preacher
And you may be a radio blabbbermouth
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.
August 20, 2015 01:31PM
I am not a Matis fan - to me its gimmick reggae, however, I too am appalled by this cancellation. Just another example of the anti-semitism that seems rampant now throughout Europe.
August 20, 2015 02:18PM
The plight of Ethiopian Jews in Israel

[www.bbc.com]

"Israel admitted it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections without their knowledge or consent"

[thedailybanter.com]
August 20, 2015 03:07PM
IYah Trod
The plight of Ethiopian Jews in Israel

[www.bbc.com]

"Israel admitted it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections without their knowledge or consent"

[thedailybanter.com]

Thank you for posting, looks like Matis is not worried about the protestors however its the zealots running his own homeland that would really press him if he came out against them.
August 20, 2015 03:11PM
Yeh Iyah Trod ... You want to look for iniquity in Israel you going to find it ... You will also find a large Jewish peace movement in Israel trying to bring in healing & for the most part the Israeli government tolerates it.

Why you don't also look for iniquity in Israel's Arab neighbours? How long do you think a peace or protest movement will survive on those streets?

And do you also look for iniquity in the rest of the world? How about iniquity in your home town? And does that give your neighboring town the right to threaten to wipe you off the map?

How about iniquity in thy self? Do you get Gandhi's teaching? "Be the change you want to see in this world."

If Gandhi don't work for you how about that Judean carpenter boy from the wrong side of the tracks? "Who has ears to hear. To them who overcome will find everliving life." (Rev. 2:7)

If J.C. don't work for you ... how about Bob Marley? "When you pointing finger there are 3 finger pointing back at you."

Iyah Trod a good name. Live it !
August 20, 2015 03:59PM
..precisely my point which is why SECTARIAN CONFLICTS are best left in the old world...
DJ TREEZ no one is getting a pass but if you want to object to the mans lyrics or content then that has to be the basis and not his belonging to one or another ethnic, racial or religious group, SEEN!
I myself can see an Irishman and a Brit at each others throat or a Jew and a Palestinian at each others throat....
BUT the route I choose to take is yes more like HIM HAILE SELASSIE and not act self righteous but leave the NATIONALIST AND SECTARIAN divisions behind.
To evolve to the higher man will involve much transcendence and forgiveness.
MOST are not ready.
August 20, 2015 04:06PM
Peacemaka, why yu a flex so? to speak on judgement and peace, that sure is a lot of judgement from you onto me; by way of you speaking out of turn. An emotionally charged response. Check that true peace is both 'equal and just", and requires balance towards rationalism over less emotional charge pon the trigger switch.
August 20, 2015 04:11PM
The Judean you are referencing, I believe you are speaking of the Messiah of the Gospel, some call HIM Jesus, some call him Yashua, some call HIM Yahoshua. Whatever you call HIM, HIM was a man.
Clarifying, though I'm sure you meant no derogatory intent.
August 20, 2015 04:25PM
and for the love of Jah stop trivializing the term anti-semitism..
if you throw this term out willy nilly you are disrespecting and trivializing the legacy and memory of the generations of jewish people who suffered through history.
Its another form of polarization in this argument leading to NOWHERE.
Just like the racially insensitive statement Nomo made about the Palestinians.
You kind of peed on your own argument and associated your Matisyahu post with racially insensitive statements about Palestinians.
Does Matisyahu make racially insensitive statements about Palestinians?
I was not under the impression that he ever has.
I thought he was being indicted for his general association with Israel and Judaism and the longing that a Jewish person in the diaspora may feel about the concept ant the idea of a homeland. That is the idea of Zionism, the longing for the homeland.
Yes he has sung about that and to me there is nothing wrong with that even though in a direct application of this idea to settlements and the current political realities in Israel I do not support its application there.
Is he a spokesperson for settlement and the displacement of Palestinians?
I don't know you tell me.
Until its clear that he is personally an appalling racist I'm gonna say its just hype and I don't believe it.
Has the guy become more liberal or more of a hardliner?
That is a good question to start with.
The point is there needs to be a conversation about this before someone says who I can or cannot see live at a music festival.
Long live freedom of choice in music and politics.
August 20, 2015 04:40PM
Jewish diversity, Arab diversity, American diversity, African diversity, diversity in Rastafari, diversity in Christianity, and Islam, and Buddhists...HUMAN DIVERSITY. LOVE.
August 20, 2015 09:04PM
The Judean boy from the wrong side of the tracks...yes! (In a positive way)

And Mr. Marley too....

August 20, 2015 09:58PM
And what was the 'racially' insensitive comment i made? That is was like firing a rocket? Pardon me, but that seems to be the palestinians modus operandi, it's what has harmed their own people over and over with the response they were sure to get from the Israeli army. What they did to Rototom has the same affect, it will come back on them in a more harmful manner. The BDS movement should be aimed at the palestinians, they will use whatever aid they get to make war instead of feed and house their people, like they are doing now in Gaza.

The only solution to the conflict there is to lay down the weapons. Unfortunately, history has shown that if Israel lays down it's weapons, it will be attacked again. But until that happens there will be no peace there.

Thing is, it's good to talk about this, thank you to everyone who has participated, even you HIFI.

Love that reggae!
August 20, 2015 10:02PM
FYI IyahTrod:
Let’s Get the Facts Straight About Ethiopian Jews and Contraception
These things can easily be debunked if one is going through gyrations to attempt to demonize Israel or the Israeli people.
"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem" - Pss. 122:6
August 20, 2015 11:03PM
It seems he may not be quite as apolitical as he claims:

[electronicintifada.net]
August 20, 2015 11:22PM
Yes Stamina, I saw that, and its true, I don't know (we don't know) if it is really true or not. Today in our politics, Hillary didn't share top secret information through emails on her server; or did she? But we do know the Ethiopians don't have it easy in Israel.
I also saw additional links on the "Lets get the facts straight" article, published prior to the debunk article.

"Israel admits injecting Ethiopian Jews with contraceptives amid consent concerns"
[www.globalpost.com]
Israel admits Ethiopian Jewish immigrants were given birth control shots
[www.lifesitenews.com]

Nevertheless, I do believe we are living in a time of overly accusing ones of "anti-semetic" discrimination. At the hint of any criticism of Israel,
the dreadful and terrible situation incurred during WWII is used as a means to gaslight the one critiquing Israel as if they are somehow justifying those atrocities. It seems to me that the pendulum has swung so far the other way, everything from the Global network to local society is protecting rights at the expense of fairness. It seems to be a very ironic situation in the larger scheme ah things.
August 21, 2015 03:23AM
Peacemakeya
Mutabaruka can talk & even hypnotize with the cadence of his ostensible arguments ... but knowledge is not wisdom and truths can be turned into half truths and half truths can be turned into no truths. Depend how you see it & what your reggae intention is in your personal inner-life

To I reggae is a spiritual livity & me yet to ever hear Mutabaruka utter a humble praises to the Most High. He is a camouflage politickian & Black racial supremacy is his intention ... just like his brethren Farrakhan ... who started his public career as a second-rate calypsonian with a duppy obeah name 'The Enchanter'

In that hate-crime Youtube 'Rootsthroughsidewalks' assert is relevant - Mutabaruka claim conspiracy b.s. that Jews run the world ... so I'll quote that Jewish boy Bob Dylan song: "Gotta Serve Somebody" ... so who is Mutabaruka and The Enchanter really serving? ... When you really look into it - them is slick-talking agents of hatred & confusion!

this Youtube called Mutabaruka vs. Farrakhan ... but is not vs. ... should be more aptly named '2 Blabbermouth Racial Supremist Deceivers giving each other props'

PS: Why did Malcolm leave out from Farrakhan's b.s.? And who bumped Malcolm?
...............................................................................................................................................................................................
You may be a preacher
And you may be a radio blabbbermouth
But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

I'll agree to disagree with your perspective on Muta. To each their own.
August 21, 2015 07:29AM
nomotrouble
And what was the 'racially' insensitive comment i made? That is was like firing a rocket? Pardon me, but that seems to be the palestinians modus operandi...

Gross and sad.
August 21, 2015 10:24AM
I am in Spain at Rototom and will post what happened from what I observed and heard from those working with the festival. I was asked to read in English for international news channels a public apology to Matisyahu along with a re-invitation to perform. Nothing about this issue had obvious effects on the festival which is one of the most well produced massive reggae events I have ever seen. Reggae University has been one of my favorite places each day with excellent reasonings. There is as much focus on the intellectual aspects of music as there is on performers. Seven stages. Photos and personal observation to come when I return to the US next week.

This political issue is very complex and even more so in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 10:26AM by Sista Irie.
August 21, 2015 12:21PM
HI*FI
nomotrouble
And what was the 'racially' insensitive comment i made? That is was like firing a rocket? Pardon me, but that seems to be the palestinians modus operandi...

Gross and sad.

Nomo, you're a good guy - but that statement is so ignorant and racist on so many levels. If someone on this board was to make a blatant statement about Jews they would (rightfully) be called a bigot and anti-semite.

The Palestine situation is a human rights issue.. Cancelling Matisyahu isn't gonna change the situation and to me is shortsighted (just like cancelling buju shows isn't gonna do much for that agenda). But the sentiment is valid that Palestine has it's right to a state. The problem transcends religion as well. Palestinian Christians and other religions have it just as bad under Israel, so it's not the "jew vs. muslim" thing many like to make it out to be, it's a human issue.

The fact is Israel has committed many human rights violations against Palestinians (and others). It is an apartheid state as much as anyone might want to dance around the idea. In many ways reggae music has been watered down. Years ago reggae artists would voice their thoughts about or outright refuse to perform in countries like South Africa and yes, Israel (Peter Tosh comes to mind as an artist who stood up for the Palestinian cause). Cancelling one artist over their views (real or perceived) is pretty pointless still (since if you or they felt that way, why book them in the first place?), but hopefully more will have the courage to stand up for what's right in this world.

Sugar sang this years ago.. The country's changed but the world is still in the same turmoil:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 12:26PM by Dr Suess.
August 21, 2015 02:42PM
One love, one world...unless your Palestinian, right Nomo, Stamina, and Peacemaka??? No matter how you reword, or twist it, Zionism is seperation and segregation, its the breeding ground for intolerance and HATE of other cultures, races and religions that are not Isreal. When its white people in America, wanting to keep America white, its racism, but when its isrealies wanting to steal land and push out people because of belief its OK.... The ignorance and hypocrisy of people on this board is mind numbing...

Very well put Ras James!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 03:02PM by east bay herbalist.
August 21, 2015 02:45PM
Matisyahu back on the show confirmed
August 21, 2015 03:06PM
Through my childhood, I struggled with a conflict inside based on my religious upbringing. Even as a kid I could recognize that this idea of a wrathful, spiteful, almost bipolar god who picks favorites does not resonate. Nevertheless, I knew that the Most High was True.

Now it makes all too much sense to me.. The portrayal of this "god" in the old testiment is a perfect reflection of the deceptive controlling powers who wrote themselves into that book in order to control Earth backwards and forwards for thousands of years.

The Most High is real. As far as the superiority of the "tribes of Israel" over the "tribes of Ishmael", which is really the basis of the Israel Palestine conflict, I think the whole world got duped on that one. Every Soul Is Divine. It's what you do with your time here that makes that principle a tangible liberation for an individual, or a meaningless thoughts in their head.

Killing another human being because of their cultural heritage is just plain wrong. The fact that people actually commit these acts in the name of their "god" is one of the most pathetic displays of humanity on Earth. It has happened again and again... Will the human race ever wake up and stop the pattern?
August 21, 2015 03:12PM
I walked out of a Matis show the moment the sound started and I saw that guy on stage. That was before this thread and will continue after this thread.

ROTR and SNWMF please don't bring this guy near our beloved reggae events, his buzz and lie about "being non political" outweighs his talent.
August 21, 2015 08:40PM
Dr Suess
The fact is Israel has committed many human rights violations against Palestinians (and others). It is an apartheid state as much as anyone might want to dance around the idea. In many ways reggae music has been watered down. Years ago reggae artists would voice their thoughts about or outright refuse to perform in countries like South Africa and yes, Israel (Peter Tosh comes to mind as an artist who stood up for the Palestinian cause).

Thank you.

This from this Monday.

http://mondoweiss.net/2015/08/israeli-journalist-apartheid

A leading Israeli journalist—writing in Haaretz, Israel’s oldest and most-prestigious daily newspaper—says “It’s Time to Admit It. Israeli Policy Is What It Is: Apartheid.”

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
August 21, 2015 09:00PM
"This ridiculous accusation trivializes the word apartheid, minimizing and belittling the magnitude of the racism and suffering endured by South Africans of color."
Why Does the Myth of Apartheid Persist in Israel? - Huffington Post
People in the reggae world can be vulnerable to this propaganda (especially Ras James). I have relatives and friends in Israel of many political perspectives, races and religions. I 'chat' with them every week and get a good read on what the realities are on the ground there. Apartheid is NOT one of them.

EDIT: how DARE anyone try to tell me how I feel about Palestinians? Do you know me and my friends and fellow musicians? I make music with Egyptian, Palestinian and W. African Muslims. We respect one another's beliefs and have each other's back. Don't make foolish assumptions or chat what you don't know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2015 09:14PM by Stamina!.
August 22, 2015 12:20AM
Two cows having a drink in the bar. One cow says: “I figured out where hamburger meat comes from” and the other cow says: “There you go with your conspiracy theories again.”

Point is – two cows arguing about the meat industry will not help the cattle nation. Nor will one cow getting vex and goring the cowboy going to help the cattle either – for, mans’ dominance over cattle is a fact at this time on this planet. The cowboys will simply use their IQ & tech edge to blow away any dissenting cattle, while the majority cattle will continue to eat, drink and be merry in their own bovine way.

Yeh me know many don’t have the patience or perspicuity to penetrate this parable and me know the slick-talking sophists will turn a truth into a half truth & into a no truth & reply: “We are not cattle, we a higher species” – as if the self-anointed know-it-alls got an elite intelligence to accurately point fingers and right all the wrongs.

Mutabaruka Farrikhan / Fundamentali$t Preacher$ / Kluxxers / Vampires blowing up Hindu Temples in Thailand / Jesters scheming to trump elections / Korean power-freaks threatening nuclear war / Jewish extremists victimizing their neighboring Arab sufferers (and incidentally – Israeli law is slamming those Jewish psychos … Where in the Muslim nations do psychos get slammed for going after Jews?)

In this time no shortage of deceived & deceivers and they can’t even help themselves never mind help the massive. Them retard positivity, for as the old people say: “All fruits in due season so you plant your seed and water your plant, but if you loose patience and start kicking the ground to speed up the fruits … that foolishness because all you do is retard life.”

Suggest the ‘ground kickers’ get with the real curriculum and do something to help themselves before they egotistically claim they the elite here to lead the massive. In this school of life each and everyone first got to face our greatest enemy … OURSELF … But that require a humility to leggo ego.

A Native Indian teaching go – “Your longest journey in the universe is 16 inch (40cm) from your head to your heart.”

When you really look into them intention, deceiver like Mutabaruka got a big megabyte computer between his ears but they reveal them retarded heart circuit and them really serve ego, strife & confusion. Them part of the problem not part of the solution.

Me not calling dates or predicting the plot but these are the perilous times long spoken of in prophesy. We don’t need no haters rocking the boat. We need cool heads to prevail.

Do racist supremist motor-mouth like Mutabaruka presume they going to change the times? No problem still for like the Good Book says: “Worry not - when these things begin to come to pass, then look up and lift up your heads; rejoice for your redemption draws near.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………
”My religion is Love” (Ziggy Marley) … married to an Israeli sister. And by the way - little known fact - Bob Marley’s father was one of them wandering Jew of antiquity too … what the conspiracy OCD’s going to say about that?
August 22, 2015 07:40AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2015 01:05PM by DJ Treez.
August 22, 2015 03:33PM
Peacemakeya
Two cows having a drink in the bar. One cow says: “I figured out where hamburger meat comes from” and the other cow says: “There you go with your conspiracy theories again.”

Point is – two cows arguing about the meat industry will not help the cattle nation. Nor will one cow getting vex and goring the cowboy going to help the cattle either – for, mans’ dominance over cattle is a fact at this time on this planet. The cowboys will simply use their IQ & tech edge to blow away any dissenting cattle, while the majority cattle will continue to eat, drink and be merry in their own bovine way.

Yeh me know many don’t have the patience or perspicuity to penetrate this parable and me know the slick-talking sophists will turn a truth into a half truth & into a no truth & reply: “We are not cattle, we a higher species” – as if the self-anointed know-it-alls got an elite intelligence to accurately point fingers and right all the wrongs.

Mutabaruka Farrikhan / Fundamentali$t Preacher$ / Kluxxers / Vampires blowing up Hindu Temples in Thailand / Jesters scheming to trump elections / Korean power-freaks threatening nuclear war / Jewish extremists victimizing their neighboring Arab sufferers (and incidentally – Israeli law is slamming those Jewish psychos … Where in the Muslim nations do psychos get slammed for going after Jews?)

In this time no shortage of deceived & deceivers and they can’t even help themselves never mind help the massive. Them retard positivity, for as the old people say: “All fruits in due season so you plant your seed and water your plant, but if you loose patience and start kicking the ground to speed up the fruits … that foolishness because all you do is retard life.”

Suggest the ‘ground kickers’ get with the real curriculum and do something to help themselves before they egotistically claim they the elite here to lead the massive. In this school of life each and everyone first got to face our greatest enemy … OURSELF … But that require a humility to leggo ego.

A Native Indian teaching go – “Your longest journey in the universe is 16 inch (40cm) from your head to your heart.”

When you really look into them intention, deceiver like Mutabaruka got a big megabyte computer between his ears but they reveal them retarded heart circuit and them really serve ego, strife & confusion. Them part of the problem not part of the solution.

Me not calling dates or predicting the plot but these are the perilous times long spoken of in prophesy. We don’t need no haters rocking the boat. We need cool heads to prevail.

Do racist supremist motor-mouth like Mutabaruka presume they going to change the times? No problem still for like the Good Book says: “Worry not - when these things begin to come to pass, then look up and lift up your heads; rejoice for your redemption draws near.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………
”My religion is Love” (Ziggy Marley) … married to an Israeli sister. And by the way - little known fact - Bob Marley’s father was one of them wandering Jew of antiquity too … what the conspiracy OCD’s going to say about that?

It's hard not to pitty someone who comes off like their head is so far up their ass. Have fun with your internet preaching. I hope you see the light of day some way some how, and can clean the smell of your own colon out of your nose. Bless
August 22, 2015 04:06PM
"George Orwell said, "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

Based on his personal experiences, Meshoe refuses to accept the apartheid designation. To him, the term apartheid makes a mockery of a grievous injustice to the citizens of South Africa and threatens to undermine the true meaning of the term. Instead he describes Israel as a miracle surviving hatred from all those around her."

Instead of name calling, try to think about the possible truths just below the veneer of falsehood.

For example, and lets think logically here, it is possible that the christian view of religion is correct, however small a chance of that you think, and there is a possibility that the old greek god view of religion is correct, however small a chance of that you think. And there is the possibility that each of the religions is correct, and then the possibility that all of them are false, that there is no supreme being whatsoever. None of us have any more assurance that one of those views is absolutely correct than the other, although we all seem to congregate around one viewpoint or another. If you live your life assuming that your viewpoint is the only correct one you stand a good chance of basing your life upon something false. So it's best to take in all the information you can, and remain open minded. Which among the religions teaches such open mindedness?

What i see in the middle east is a bunch of religion run governments that cobble into law the beliefs of their religion, the absolute worst way to run a country. To me, the 'BDS' movement is politically dishonest, and thereby will only lead to more hatred and killing. Calling me racist is so far from the truth it's funny. I have no more allegiance to the Israeli government than Hamas, but what i do see is that the Israeli's prosecute criminals, the palestinians reward them. I believe an arab bank just lost a court case for support of terrorists who harmed Americans.

Certainly, those who describe themselves currently as palestinians deserve the same rights as all others, including living in an organized nation which can live in peace. The question is who is preventing that, from all i've seen over the past 50 years, it's complex, but it's not the israelis. It should not be that difficult to understand that there will be no peace until the weapons are laid down. Whatever religion you are.

'What God Said' by the Uninvited

I talked to God and god said "Hey
I've got a lot of things to say
Write it down this very day
And spread the word in every way."
I talked to God and here¹s the deal
He said to floss between each meal
Drive with both hands on the wheel
And on the first date, don¹t cop a feel

I talked to God and God said nothing special
I talked to God and God said nothing
That we shouldn't already know
Shouldn't already know

And talked to God and here's what he said
"Wear a helmet on your head
When you ride a bike instead
or you'll crash and end up dead."
I asked God for the Holy Word
Ageless wisdom never heard
He just said to feed the birds
Love your pets, clean up their turds

I talked to God and God said nothing
That we shouldn't already know
Shouldn't already know

I talked to God and God said "John,
I let them kill my only son
And my creation's so undone
That I can't help out everyone
But if you're looking for advice
You don't need to ask me twice
Start with the basics: just be nice
And see if that makes things all right."

Love that reggae!
August 22, 2015 06:11PM
To Stamina....I don't know what u are quoting but the south africans of color? the coloreds don't have equal rights, no voting representation, and endure the most racism in the country. The blacks have endured a lot and have come a long way for they now have adequate representation. Nobody speaks for the colored people. To be perfectly clear and OT.
August 22, 2015 07:01PM
randomguy2u
To Stamina....I don't know what u are quoting but the south africans of color? the coloreds don't have equal rights, no voting representation, and endure the most racism in the country. The blacks have endured a lot and have come a long way for they now have adequate representation. Nobody speaks for the colored people. To be perfectly clear and OT.

It's not good to comment on an article you haven't read. Just makes you look ignorant.
"These words were shared by Kenneth Meshoe, South African Member of Parliament from 1994 to 2013, President of the African Christian Democratic Party since 1994, Reverend of the 3000 strong Hope and Glory Tabernacle, and a former teacher". I'm not sure if you're speaking of black people in Israel or South Africa. Not clear at all from your post. Please go to Israel and report on what you find there, if you're intent on demonizing it. Why do you think the refugees from the Sudan government-sponsored slaughter in Darfur tried to escape to Israel at the risk of being shot by Egyptian soldiers and robbed and raped by the Bedouins?
August 23, 2015 07:19PM
Stamina I hereby admit my ignorance...........I went to South Africa and I am reporting from there...I was only trying to make better sense of the wording......"people of Color".....I am speaking of the coloreds struggle for equality......I will not speak on the Israel-Palestine issue in which I am totally ignorant.....Sometimes I perefer ignorance, ...to know and to know nothing can be done is mental-meltability
August 24, 2015 10:33PM
'rootsthroughsidewalks' tell us that Mutabaruka is an authority on these Israeli Arab issues … Jewish Peoples Islamic Peoples issues.

When you check Mutabaruka’s Youtube arguments he says: “Jews run this World.” That a lie and incitement to racial hatred against the Jewish Peoples and, if history has taught us anything: No one Peoples have a monopoly on either goodness nor badness. The real entities sabotaging this world is a whole other deeper layer of the onion skin – and no one Peoples (or Hybrids for the conspiracy minded OCD’s) are their exclusive proxy either.

Those who intend to work toward a better future need to help themselves first lest they become the proxy of the real adversary. The Truths in these issues can be established but it requires cool heads & good intention to lift up the reasoning. The preschool potty talk helps nuttin nor nobady.
August 24, 2015 11:16PM
rootsthroughsidewalks
I've been listening to this cut of the Cutting Edge this morning.. Muta's reasoning in this clip is quite relevant to the source this issue, so i figured i'd post it.

Where in this post did I say that Muta is an authority on anything? All I said is that his "reasoning" is "quite relevant to the source of this issue".

Through the internet, you come off like you live in a cartoon reality within your own head to suit your ego. I'm sure that's just an "internet personality" though.. It's not my place to judge folks i've never met before simply by a few comments on an internet message board smiling smiley
August 25, 2015 03:03PM
rootsthroughsidewalks
Through the internet, you come off like you live in a cartoon reality within your own head to suit your ego. I'm sure that's just an "internet personality" though.. It's not my place to judge folks i've never met before simply by a few comments on an internet message board smiling smiley

Hypocrisy on display.

Both sides of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict have done wrong. Both sides have valid grievances. This entire thread displays just how ignorant the average person is on this subject.

As for Matisyahu - I have that Live at Stubbs album and it did not inspire me to get any more of his music. On a musical level, just not my cuppa. That being said, the whole 'conscious purity' thing leave me cold - think thought police. Yes, you are accountable for what you do and what you say and even what your words and deeds may incite others to do. But we are not, cannot be, accountable for what we think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2015 09:02PM by Walter.
August 25, 2015 03:20PM
Walter
Hypocrisy on display.

You noticed that too? winking smiley

Bless
August 25, 2015 08:52PM
Arguing about Matisyahu’s musical merits or demerits is petty. This clash about the big picture in the evolution of life on this planet.

rootsthroughsidewalks
Where in this post did I say that Muta is an authority on anything? All I said is that his "reasoning" is "quite relevant to the source of this issue".

Rootsthroughsidewalks? You brought Mutabaruka into this arena of ideas so then, regardless of semantics:

1) Do you, or do you not agree with Mutabaruka’s hate speech lie that: “Jews rule the World.”?

2) Are you aware that same lie was the pretext for the Nazi genocide of the European Jews plus many others too?

3) Are you aware that a similar lie was the pretext for the 1994 Rwanda Hutu genocide of the Tutsi in which @ a million Tutsi were slaughtered … Them haters always got to find a scapegoat & dehumanize the target victims. The vampires who manipulate the Hutu into committing the genocide come up with the name ‘inyenzi’ (cockroaches) for the Tutsi. I have not researched the details but guaranteed there would have been a Hutu media personality mouthpiece … an amped-up Mutabaruka, implicated in the slaughter … A skillful deceiver who slickly purports to have the inside conspiratorial information - but hate and destruction is their real agenda.

4) Are you aware that this same hate-crime modus operandi has been run repeatedly on every race of the Peoples of this Earth since time immemorial?

5) Do you know the difference between reasoning and ad hominem argument or sophistry argument?
August 26, 2015 12:03AM
Allright enough is enough.
Nomotrouble gets a pass as he was genuinely upset despite his gaffe.
Peace Make You on the other hand your name is equivalent to Ron Artest calling himself metaWorldPeace.
You need to quit it.
Malice in the palace.
August 26, 2015 01:56AM
well summed up, the fest reinstated him, he accepted, hopefully lessons were learned. got some feathers fluffed around here, that was kind of fun. can't wait for the next reggae fest...september 19, 20 in sacramento for me, the one love one heart fest.

Love that reggae!
August 27, 2015 05:14AM
strikkly
Ron Artest

My fav player. Dude is the fukin man.

Here is to this being the last post in this thread. I can assure all that no opinions are going to change from this interaction.

August 27, 2015 06:58PM
Lakers need to demand Metta World Peace' opinion on Israel Palestine conflict before signing him again as they are about to.
August 31, 2015 02:10PM
The whole thing is a scam
do some research
August 31, 2015 02:15PM
The situation in Palestine is an issue of terrible leaders doing terrible things to their own people. Instead of building peace, they wage war. War on Israel, but war on their own people. With all the money Palestine is receiving in aid, how much has gone to build schools, encourage business and other productive uses of resources and how much as gone into terror? Let's get real for a minute.
September 08, 2015 09:11PM

SNWMF stated guideline: ‘This message board is a place for people to reason about reggae music … Please be respectful of others and refrain from offensive posts, flaming …’

Hard words sometime necessary but with reasoning explanations - not with dictating - otherwise that ad hominem mud slinging. Yes Laddy there is malice in the palace – but its origin ain’t you or me. If we pay attention Alpha Blondy ‘Jerusalem’ message will help us doctor this ill world.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login