Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very sad news RIP Nelly Stharre & Ras Trevy

Posted by Haile Bless 
Very sad news RIP Nelly Stharre & Ras Trevy
August 21, 2015 01:02AM
A shining star, out too soon, what sad news to see first thing this morning! Thankful to have been able to spend a few days with these beautiful people in Kingston, a few years ago at Mama Joy's. I will never forget how kind and sweet Nelly was, and Ras Trevy too (of Boom Shaka) too.

Re: Very sad news RIP Nelly Stharre & Ras Trevy
August 21, 2015 01:21AM
[caribbean-beat.com] a nice article about her
August 21, 2015 04:07AM

check that tropical rain fall, so beautiful
August 21, 2015 04:12AM
This may have been her latest release? Produced by Rory, different sound from the ones above

August 21, 2015 10:17AM
[www.dominicavibes.dm]

I am in Spain at Rototom right now with only my phone. The article in DaVibes from Dominica posted above
August 21, 2015 09:23PM
Two beautiful and creative souls! May their memory be a blessing for all of us. Thank you Maitreya for posting their duet. Show kindness and love for one another, for none of us is promised tomorrow...
August 21, 2015 09:42PM
August 21, 2015 10:06PM
August 21, 2015 11:59PM
August 22, 2015 02:29AM
The following is a post Nelly made on July 15th, such a beautiful message, now bitter sweet.

I'm alive and so thankful to be alive and kicking in the nature Isle.... good place to be ...so grateful for my land and all that dwells there in of abundance ...I am grateful..that love flows thru me not by me or below or above thru my veins...I felt from the day I was born... Like the rain falling thru my eye lids and the rivers thru my veins..thunder bursting thru my chest every time she beats I jump with more love..real Nature Island woman..i say i knew it from the day i bit my mama nipples and laugh.. you just different ... took me till my late twenties to realize that different was OK...different was unique and special...I don't want to live to be Like anyone else...just live up and upper than up..to be like myself my highest self...cause there are many selves one could be ..the best I can.. I keep aiming for that..sometimes I get distracted but I know that it is never too late to get back on track..with every rising of the sun doesn't change the fact that Jah is good...its just people that are confused about their existence....people ...human beings ...they may never over stand..or inner stand..who why we are how we are .and that is quite fine with us ...nothing at all to prove .....Us being I and FarI... My higher voice....we live and flow with the current of life...cause the current is moving real ...and real things go with me pretty good.
.Family...be good to each other its not really worth it to grunt over silly things a waste of time and energy..be kind stop waiting for the price ...that may never come...if waiting is where you at....i say be the price...don't let foolish thought over come u..just remember its just a thought...keep it positive at all costs..nice night ..rain is falling on the mountains and the fellas have just started to sing..and I just love when my nature island starts to sing to me.....
August 22, 2015 04:45AM
a next message from her -

Greetings everyone... just a thought for all my whassap family .the little things we forget to think about....a reminder

A man's word is of great value to someone who puts his trust in him....

if you change the things that are said to satisfy your ego, by making alterations in conversations that may .....excite or manipulate the listener's point of view..then you are a bully.!!!!
Why? Because You bully your way into peoples opinion in order to justify your actions
and for others to by pass the injustice that you have done...

Even a little lying is still lying and can do a lot of damage ...

Bullies ...!!! the world is full of them ...all wrapped up in their ego..
They don't even see the the impact they have on everyone else's joy stick... much less to see the goodness manifesting in front of them.

They want to be in control of everything and take credit for what is inevitable ...what cannot be shifted.. Man cannot be in control of anything..not even your breath .it happens whether or not you are even thinking to breath..
life is just what it is..

There are Allllll kinds of people in this world...
And we don't have to agree on everything,
but we can agree on the fact that we are different and your difference is just as important and valued as mine...

There are hose that love Goodness and mercy some are
argumentative, hard working ,strong,weak lazy ,
some that long for conflict, contention, controversy..some sympathy, tge hatefull warmongers ,the shy, bold , even those longing desperately for recognition ,
victims of self pity .. Self hurt..self disrespect .. self abuse
and then those that just don't care if they live or die..

No one owes anyone anything..but is best to treat each man woman child dog as u would like to be treated..a code to live by

Remember someone's kindness can only be extended up until the moment it is taken for granted then it is no longer kindness it is something else .. Kindness is not a common thing so treat it well and those who blow it your way...
And selfishness is a deep routed sickness that ... the host most of the time is not conscious of ..and these hosts spread this sickness with every lap of the tongue it is very contagious ..people shud take all necessary precautions not to get infected..For what wud this world be without the few lovers out there over here..???

When did we stop caring about each others progress mind , survival, growth??? All we do complain criticize...Each and one another .

... When the universe receives the good things in all of us..and there are great things in everyone of us.. Things run grow flow evolve into greater more beautiful things With kindness patience consideration forgive ness and most of all gratitude. Doors windows can be opened even part the seas...and break thru heavy barriers..

know that you have the power to allow good vibes to roll, just take the GOOD things from everyone u meet and roll with that....
Do not argue with senseless people ...they do a good job at bringing the negativity right back on them selves. You don't need to be involved... don't waste your energy.

And the next time u open your mouth to mislead people about what it is...The truth will always get thru to reveal herself..nothing u can do about it... remember every action has a reaction and that reaction can affect many...so live in The goodness of Jah love..
And so it is..

Nelly S

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2015 04:46AM by Haile Bless.
August 25, 2015 12:02AM
video: [www.youtube.com]
Sista Cool (looks like this one was just put out, after her death) nice video, cool sista indeed!
August 25, 2015 01:41AM
Haile Bless

check that tropical rain fall, so beautiful

Heavy thing. I was trying to place that voice (Trevy) Boom Shaka used to come though Detroit every few years had a few a of their CDs real heavy weight sound for real.
August 25, 2015 02:23AM
I been devastated for the last week... did a short set of Nelly's & Trevy's music on my latest program and plan on doing more...
here's a tune from Nelly on the Krazy Luv Riddim out in April from Imperial Publising...

and Trevy on the same riddim

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 25, 2015 05:37PM
Thanks for sharing those links Danny, I quite agree with her and a whole heap of that agwaan in the music right now.
Here is a next article about them and some of what they have done, ones who walk their talk fi real.
[repeatingislands.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login