[oneloveoneheartreggaefestival.weebly.com]

Love that reggae!
AJ
Re: One Love One Heart Reggae Festival
September 15, 2015 10:52PM
No Everton in the lineup?
September 16, 2015 01:03AM
Apparently not, that schedule came out today i think.

Love that reggae!
September 17, 2015 09:54PM
Camping is sold out?

One question, isn't camp pollock in the ghetto of Sac?
September 18, 2015 01:55PM
Hopefully I'm just missing the context of the question, but...isn't reggae the music of the ghetto? If I only went to reggae events in affluent neighborhoods I would have missed out on a lot of memorable shows and dances!

westafari
Camping is sold out?

One question, isn't camp pollock in the ghetto of Sac?
September 18, 2015 06:41PM
not really - it is on the edge of the American River Parkway (aka Homeless Acres) but it is a beautiful location and relatively crime-free.
September 18, 2015 09:11PM
Hey Noah, it was just a question but yes...smart people just need to know what they are getting themselves into. I've camped there in the past and my car was broken into. Lame.
September 20, 2015 05:27AM
What a massive disappointment!!! Rubbish organization. Acts get switched around and you don't know who's playing or up next! Sound is bad too - only 4 speakers. And the acts....my god I have never been to a festival with a weaker lineup - at least today! What's happening to reggae??
September 21, 2015 02:48PM
For me, the lack of organization is part of what attracts me to this festival. I've come to know that you won't see everyone on the schedule, but i've always been entertained and had a great time. It's small enough you get to know more people. I arrived early on saturday, got a great parking and camping spot. When i was told i needed a different wrist band to get into the generous photo pit, i went up to a lady at the ticket spot and told her i needed a black and white checked wrist band as i was videotaping...she whipped one out in a minute, no questions asked.

The PA was on the small side, but for me it was plenty loud and sounded fine. I don't like it overwhelming. The stage was set up in the proper direction, with the sun behind the crowd and shining on the stage, instead of behind the stage which makes shooting into the sun difficult.

Food was great. Taco truck sustained me, along with some lumpia and bbq chicken. And many shave ice. i would go back, but hope it's not 100 degrees each day again. The early acts were kind of weak, but the ticket for the weekend was only 55 bucks, and 35 extra to camp. A deal.

Love that reggae!
September 21, 2015 06:35PM
westafari
Hey Noah, it was just a question but yes...smart people just need to know what they are getting themselves into. I've camped there in the past and my car was broken into. Lame.

until a few years ago Camp Pollock was a boy/cub/girl scout camp. Are you sure it was Camp Pollock you camped at?
September 22, 2015 06:20PM
WHAT Nomo!! since when does lack of organization attracts YOU going to festival?
September 23, 2015 01:25AM
well lets say lack of strict adherence to rules! haha! i seem to have a good time at this one every year. the only reason it works at all is there are so few that attend. if it was crowded it woulda been a nightmare!

Love that reggae!
September 23, 2015 10:26PM
This was fun:

Love that reggae!
September 24, 2015 04:36PM
LOVE PATO LIVE!!!!!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
September 25, 2015 05:19AM
For the benefit of those of us who didn't go, can you tell us which artists performed and which were no-shows?
September 25, 2015 05:31AM
From the schedule above, the only no show on saturday(unless i was unconcious during his set) was king hopeton. i left after arkaingelle on sunday so i can't profess what went on after that, but i think those last three artists performed.

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2015 05:32AM by nomotrouble.
September 25, 2015 04:27PM
Yes, Messenjah Selah, Prez and Pablo were all there.
It was my first time going to this fest and I was a bit concerned after seeing such a negative review of sat. We got there in the afternoon on sun, vibe was relaxed and yes a bit unorganized but not out of control. The location was nice, plenty of grass n trees, set up seemed good, crowd was small. The sound was fine but the set changes seemed a bit drawn out, which I think was adding to them running behind with timing. Overall the vibe was nice and enjoyed all the sets we saw, especially Selah who was the main reason we went, though Prez and Pablo were draws too.....
September 25, 2015 06:23PM
i wanted to stay for alla dem, but my body was saying something different. You are right about the set changes, a bit lengthy which led to the last acts having shorter set times. The sound guy josh was by himself though, and seemed to do a pretty good job with what he had.

Love that reggae!
October 06, 2015 09:35PM
Reminds me of the NWWRF that was going on in Oregon for awhile until it stopped paying artists. It to was really unorganized and small and had this family friendly vibe to it. I get it NOMO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login