Advanced

no early release for buju b

Posted by Ras_Adam 
no early release for buju b
November 12, 2015 01:08AM
No early release for Buju

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1 comment

Buju Banton

DESPITE reports that reggae singer Buju Banton may have an early release from prison, sources close to the entertainer say this is not the case.

“Unfortunately, it's a rumour,” Rosemary Duncan, coordinator of the Buju Banton Defence Support Committee, told the Jamaica Observer.

Last month, the United States Justice Department announced it would be releasing about 6,600 inmates early from prison in an effort to reduce overcrowding and provide relief to drug offenders who received harsh sentences.

This would be the largest onetime release of federal prisoners.

According to officials, one-third of the amount are said to be foreign citizens who would be deported.

Duncan, who formed the defence support committee in 2011 to champion Buju Banton's cause, said she has been in touch with the artiste. Buju Banton, who was arrested in 2009, was convicted on cocaine charges in February 2011.

He’s serving a mandatory 10-year sentence at the McRae Correctional Facility in Georgia. The artiste is scheduled to be deported to Jamaica in 2019.

Days after his conviction, Buju Banton (given name Mark Myrie) won a Grammy Award for his album Before Dawn. His other albums include ‘Til Shiloh (1995), Inna Heights (1997) and Unchained Spirit (2000).

— Brian Bonitto

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 01:08AM by Ras_Adam.
Re: no early release for buju b
November 12, 2015 03:37PM
Still so happy I got to see him perform at SNWMF in 2008! So much energy that night! I do hope that all things work out for Buju as they are supposed.
November 12, 2015 06:06PM
"So much energy that night!"

Was the source illegal or rather natural?
November 12, 2015 10:42PM
One of my first:

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 10:43PM by nomotrouble.
November 17, 2015 02:31AM
Good question, Ras Zoki I & I & I spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And unless I’m forgetting the details of what seemed to be a pretty clear case of ‘caught your white finger in the cocaine jar’… why do we care if this two faced, so called Rascal ever gets cut loose?

Did he not have a chance to say ‘ahhh no man, di cocaine business mi nah romp wid’ --- only Ganja mi deal wid.’

What I can’t understand is why so many [so called] Rastas want to support this rascal?

Well, maybe these so called Rastas are basically rascals themselves. Nuff part timers out there these days, probably more than ever… and like Buju, they need to cut off their locks and stuff them in a sandwich bag or two.

Buju Bye Bye – you a wolf is sleazy clothing.
November 17, 2015 03:49PM
DREADLOCKS MAN (Yabby You)

Dreadlocks man dreadlocks
I'd like to know what the man a deal with

Dreadlocks man dreadlocks man
You say you are my friend
What are you defending?
I'd like to reason ... yeah
You said you are Jah prophet

and you chase a baldhead out of town
then you said you are the dreadlocks
and you defend peace and love
but I don't say so

repeat chorus

Dreadlocks man dreadlocks man
You say you are my friend
What are you defending?
I'd like to reason ... yeah

Do you take Jah for a Micky Mouse?
Do you take Jah for a Santa Claus
Well what you don't know is older than you ... yeah!

Do you take Jah for a pretty girl?
Do you take Jah for a fancy car?
Well what you don't know is older than you ... yeah!

Jah Jah is not a play thing
That is what you do

repeat chorus

repeat verse 1

repeat verse 2

ANTI CHRIST (Yabby You)

Them say them love and them live in hate
Them say no steal and them thief your head
Them say no lust and them live like a whore
me never hear such a thing before

See them there ... them favor sheep but them a wolf
See them there ... them favor Christ but them an Anti-Christ

Man shall be like a tree that is planted by the riverside
by their fruits you shall see
a macka tree can not bear no fruit

repeat chorus

whoo whoo awhooo whooo
whoo whoo awhooo whooo

repeat chorus

repeat verse 1

repeat verse 2
November 17, 2015 07:54PM
i think most people honestly don't care what nonsense he was involved with, they just want to hear new music from one of the best in the game...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
November 18, 2015 03:46PM
Zoki, 2008 SNWMF was my first festival and I had never heard of Buju Banton and was not familiar with his music. I still to this day 10 plus festivals later have never felt as much energy as when Buju was on stage and after he left the stage the crowd and the buzz of the festival was amazing. I am pretty sure at every festival, no matter if Sean Paul, Buju Banton or Michael Rose is playing there are some drugs going on. Never been to a festival and not seen heavy drug use going on, so I guess I don't understand your question. To me the energy I felt was not based of drugs I was on. I would still love to see Buju again and love to hear more music from him. Maybe I am naïve but I believe he was set up and that is what I want and choose to believe.
December 05, 2015 05:55PM
Free up Di General!!!
December 05, 2015 11:44PM
Agreed. I do think he was set up but he was foolish in falling for it. Either way I want to see him out and hear new music. He will probably never play in the us again but we can catch him on the jamrock cruise. The whole situation is pitiful to me. The last time I saw him and many other reggae greats was at snwmf. That was a great memory and performance and he is greatly missed.
September 02, 2016 09:50PM
not sure if site is reliable
hope he's well
[netlivemedia.com]
September 03, 2016 11:37PM
Ras_Adam
not sure if site is reliable
hope he's well
[netlivemedia.com]

Someone just forwarded me this...

http://urbanislandz.com/2016/09/03/buju-banton-having-a-stroke-in-prison-reports-false/

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
September 05, 2016 04:41PM
Do the crime, do the time. Sorry Buju, next time stick to the herbs!

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
September 05, 2016 06:25PM
Free Buju!!

These were created back when he was locked up, please feel free to spread/use these images, thats why they were created!
Also if you would like high res files jus lemme know! (spent about an hour figuring out how to get these to show up!)

peace and blessings!

September 05, 2016 08:52PM
Just curious if the reaction from the reggae crowd would be the same for a preacher like Jerry Falwell, if he got busted for buying large amounts of cocaine. I doubt it. Shouts of hypocrite preacher man would follow....if you're going to preach it, you better walk it. Otherwise humble yourself and sing/write/create honestly. I just wish 1) he would come clean and apologize for misleading the people, and 2) the reggae crowd would stop being musical sheep about it.

Peace
September 05, 2016 09:47PM
lots of artists probably make choices i don't agree with, at some point along the way...
but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, cuz i still like their music...
luckily i don't look to musicians and entertainers as my moral guides though...
sometimes i just gotta say to myself "that persons a jackass, but damn that tune is fyah!"

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login