Date: April 15
Venue: Roseland Theater

[www.souldoutfestival.com]
Re: Bunny Wailer visiting Portland!
February 02, 2016 07:51PM
Full festival lineup....
February 02, 2016 11:15PM
Yeah maybe Portland Jamaica!!!! Seriously, when was the last Bunny performed outside of Yard???? You have about as good of a chance of seeing Bunny in Oregon as you do of seeing the Mighty Diamonds!!! His NO-SHOW rate is about equal to the Diamonds currently or Gregory in the late 1980's-early 90's!!!! GOOD FREAKIN LUCK -PS-Hope the promoter didn't send a deposit!!!!!
February 02, 2016 11:39PM
blessvibe
Yeah maybe Portland Jamaica!!!! Seriously, when was the last Bunny performed outside of Yard???? You have about as good of a chance of seeing Bunny in Oregon as you do of seeing the Mighty Diamonds!!! His NO-SHOW rate is about equal to the Diamonds currently or Gregory in the late 1980's-early 90's!!!! GOOD FREAKIN LUCK -PS-Hope the promoter didn't send a deposit!!!!!

Bunny Wailer Live

It appears you would have to go way back to August of 2015.
February 03, 2016 01:27AM
Funny, every time I've gone to a show where he was supposed to perform, he showed up. Sucks that it is at Roseland. Everybody break out your medibles!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2016 08:45AM by Jah Mike.
February 03, 2016 01:43AM
yes fi real, jah mike! too funny.
i'll be there with a medi-meal for sure, and get ready for the "feel up, feel up" -- aka "security check".

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
February 03, 2016 03:15AM
I am blessed he might be visiting my city. I will take the risk. Security checks or not.
February 03, 2016 08:50AM
Remember, Roseland has metal detectors, too.

No, I am not kidding. It's as bad as boarding a airplane just to see a concert.
February 03, 2016 06:48PM
Thanks - Jah Mike!

Considering the tragedies that has happened in the past during concerts around our world, I am thankful to keep the evil out.
February 03, 2016 07:11PM
Jah Mike

I just don't understand all the fuss and fight about security? Go the the show, don't be a jack ass, don't bring a gun, and I know it's a disaster....but go OUTSIDE to smoke ya herb.... Jeez people, come on now. 1st world problems.
February 03, 2016 08:51PM
Both times i encountered metal detectors at a show, i was able to get in with all of my recording equipment and ganja. It just takes a little creative thinking. Usually what they are really looking for is weapons.

Love that reggae!
February 03, 2016 10:10PM
spliffp--i'm certainly experienced and wise enough to know everything you're saying, no doubt. don't need schooling on this. hence the mentions of edibles.

but roseland is rough--whether you're carrying anything or not. this isn't about what you DO inside the club--it's about GETTING into the club!

just have to be from here to understand the difference in this one venue compared to most others in town...this is a note for folks from town and not boardies from outta state; be prepared, as the roseland staff will be rough & rude.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2016 10:10PM by mosquito killer.
February 03, 2016 11:07PM
I can add first hand that the Security situation at Roseland is no joke. They do have metal detectors. I rolled down with Thievery Corporation from Seattle to the Portland show. Had all access but came to front to meet some people to burn one. If you leave the building you can ONLY go to the gated smoking area or leave and there is security there. They wouldn't let my friends come out to burn one. It was either go smoke a cig and then go back through the security check point again or go home. MADNESS
February 03, 2016 11:50PM
Well i wouldn't tolerate that here, but it's because we've got so many alternatives. The Last Day Saloon in Santa Rosa was kinda like that, you couldn't wear any hat except a baseball cap, and it had to be facing forward, i kid you not. I swore i'd never go there again, and low and behold they are out of business.

Love that reggae!
February 04, 2016 05:55PM
wait a minute, didn't they just legalize recreational weed in Oregon? Sounds like this venue is living in a past paradigm!

#getwiththetimes
February 04, 2016 06:14PM

wait a minute, didn't they just legalize recreational weed in Oregon?

Smoking in public remains illegal.
If a bar serves alcohol, it cannot legally allow cannabis use.
Cannabis smoke also falls under the same regulations as cigarette smoke with respect to Oregon's indoor smoking laws.

#knowbeforeyoublow
February 05, 2016 05:51AM
Thanks Daniel I kinda figured that was the case.
February 05, 2016 06:56AM
this just happened here over that weed/alcohol issue...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
February 05, 2016 07:16AM
spliffp
Jah Mike

I just don't understand all the fuss and fight about security? Go the the show, don't be a jack ass, don't bring a gun, and I know it's a disaster....but go OUTSIDE to smoke ya herb.... Jeez people, come on now. 1st world problems.

That is a reasonable paradigm for a lot of venues, but Roseland doesn't allow in and outs.
February 05, 2016 07:58AM
Back in the mid 90s the roseland was a spot where you could blaze tuff and no one cared...
Hip hop, techno, reggae, funk, it didn't matter what show... The cloud was always in full effect in that place...
funny how there were less hassles back was back then before herb was even close to legal.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
February 05, 2016 06:16PM
Yup, I remember guys bringing big-ass bongs into shows back in the 90's.
April 06, 2016 04:00AM
Next week!

April 06, 2016 06:45PM
April 06, 2016 06:48PM
???? Like previous - will he wear his purple robes with gold trim and announce with pompous belly-growl: "I am the Emperor of Reggae Music !!!!"
April 06, 2016 07:26PM
Peacemakeya
???? Like previous - will he wear his purple robes with gold trim and announce with pompous belly-growl: "I am the Emperor of Reggae Music !!!!"

He's definitely one of them. First time I saw him was in early 90s at Snowmass. Insane! Kudos to him for rocking on as his age is getting up there. My fave albums: "Sings the Wailers", "Liberation", "Rootsman Skaning".

Don't be a Bunny hater like Poop Dogg.
April 06, 2016 07:42PM
Peacemakeya

lets be real... reggae music is an entertainment thing.. a way out of the ghetto.. a way to feed one and one's family.
holding bunny wailers to some kind of standard is a waste of time.
if he wants to come dressed in some loony bird outfit which looks more like it came from an anglo-saxon muesem, than some ancient african tribe,
as the saying goes.. if he likes it i love it.
April 06, 2016 09:09PM
Big Vein
reggae music is an entertainment thing

You entitled to your opinion BV & so are others who embrace reggae as a message music - a part of cultural/spiritual evolution to help us become a better human being - and to help bring forth a better tomorrow for all the children of Creation

jcom
Don't be a Bunny hater like Poop Dogg.

this not about hating anybody - it's about let truth be spoken for the greater love.

Vivian 'Yabby You' Jackson
"sometime is better to tell a man something - than to pray for him"

Bunny first come as one of the great reggae pioneers - "Bright Soul Bright Soul - You reach the River Jordan and you turn back now." . But like so many during this hour - the inherent contradictions of the inner-man get eclipsed by the simian DNA we all born of - and even the greats often forget their own initial inspirations when they reach the River Jordan and they turn back now.

"All of you have fallen short of the Glory of God ... all of you are like sheep who have forgotten the voice of the shepherd ... to them who overcome will find everliving life

Try hard sisters & brothers ... "many rivers to cross ... you can get it if you really want" (Jimmy Cliff - who identify himself as a Universalist ... a great cultural leader who still fighting the good fight with solid message music to help the Children of Creation.

How come Bunny Wailer not saying nothing about sexual predators upon the youth?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login