Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dezarie's Web Site

Posted by Daniel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dezarie's Web Site
February 17, 2016 11:33PM
Is now up and running at:

[www.dezarieroots.com]

Links to purchase "Love In Your Meditation" "The Fourth Book" and "Eaze The Pain" coming soon along with a new album this spring. In the meantime, Like her on Facebook, Follow her on Twitter and Subscribe to her on YouTube.

Re: Dezarie's Web Site
February 19, 2016 12:08AM
YES! Her cd's keep coming up for sale on ebay for $40-80, glad to see that stop.
February 26, 2016 03:04AM
Love in your meditation is a beautiful song and a great cd.
I have never seen Dezarie perform and pray I will some day. If Ron b is with her even better.
She seems like a gentle soul...need more of that around
Blessings
February 26, 2016 04:03AM
I've wanted to buy Eaze The Pain for a long time but didn't want to pay 80 buc
ks on discogs
February 26, 2016 06:35PM
February 28, 2016 03:41PM
February 28, 2016 04:56PM
Dub this dub that everything a dub a dub! A who come in with the dub dab next?
February 29, 2016 03:10PM
Every time I see Dezarie's picture, I am struck by how beautiful she is. Sorry to be so superficial, but truth is truth.
February 29, 2016 08:38PM
if i was a sensitive PC type, i would call this flyer 'racist'

the flyer says to me that dezarie is only beutiful if her skin is lightened up. made to look more white.

here she is without all the photoshop filters and trickery..

February 29, 2016 10:16PM
bigvein

the flyer says to me that dezarie is only beutiful if her skin is lightened up. made to look more white.

Or the promoters needed a picture of Dezarie for the flyer for their show so they took the one from the front page of her website.
February 29, 2016 10:59PM
BV, no matter what your skin color, it will look different in a photo depending on the lighting, and the colors around it. It doesn't have to be something intended at all. The photo on the flyer looks to be lit from our left, with some white light. And her clothing is light colored. In the second photo, it may be the red color of her clothing that made the camera adjust the light differently and so she looks darker. Certainly in my videos of her in a dark nightclub, her skin looks darker. But it's not really the color in the first picture below, and it's not at all the color in the second.

And she is beautiful.

Love that reggae!
March 01, 2016 12:16AM
niceup
bigvein

Or the promoters needed a picture of Dezarie for the flyer for their show so they took the one from the front page of her website.

if such is the case, then dezarie and her team are not staying on message.. why promote the cake soap theme ?
March 01, 2016 12:20AM
yeah.. no doubt she is beautiful.. thats not my point.. my point is, why preach up all this africa first business, but then push a promotional where the picture has been through a bleach filter.

garvey said..a people who are successfully persistent, are a people who are righteously consistent.

this bleaching promotion is NOT consistent with her message.

nomotrouble
BV, no matter what your skin color, it will look different in a photo depending on the lighting, and the colors around it. It doesn't have to be something intended at all. The photo on the flyer looks to be lit from our left, with some white light. And her clothing is light colored. In the second photo, it may be the red color of her clothing that made the camera adjust the light differently and so she looks darker. Certainly in my videos of her in a dark nightclub, her skin looks darker. But it's not really the color in the first picture below, and it's not at all the color in the second.

And she is beautiful.

March 01, 2016 12:42AM
dude, it's not bleaching. you didn't like the logical explanation?

Love that reggae!
March 01, 2016 12:48PM
nomotrouble
dude, it's not bleaching. you didn't like the logical explanation?

you are trying too hard..

the picture in question is taken from the official dezarie website.
it is a picture which has had some post processing applied.. read photo-shop filtering.
the end product being a bleached out version of the artist.

image and message go hand in hand.. by dezarie's team publishing the bleached out version of the artist, they break from the message.

where is the consistency in the music? on one hand you have artists booming down babylon, booming down the west, but then take photos with western gadgets and western luxuries as the main props.
on the other hand you have artists saying 'black is beautiful' but yet pushing images of themselves bleached out...
i'm done..
March 01, 2016 03:25PM
Big Vein-

You've got the same shtick every time you post. It gets redundant quick.. This time though, you're on a branch that ain't gonna hold the weight of your B.S.
March 01, 2016 04:18PM
you clearly dont understand how devastating the whole bleaching thing is on the community..
to me, bleaching is the BS of all BS..

rootsthroughsidewalks
Big Vein-

You've got the same shtick every time you post. It gets redundant quick.. This time though, you're on a branch that ain't gonna hold the weight of your B.S.
March 01, 2016 05:09PM
No, I do understand how much of a devastation bleaching is to the community. In fact, I've had multiple conversations on such topic matter (yes with real live people, not through an internet message board) recently.

You just like to jump to judgements and conclusions because you think the whole reggae scene is a world of hypocrisies and contradictions. You come off as a bull charging with a blindfold on. Why is it the ignorant are the ones who attempt to look like the wise?
March 01, 2016 09:29PM
I'm afraid it's your lack of understanding of photography and light that makes you jump to that ridiculous conclusion.

Love that reggae!
March 01, 2016 10:36PM
Apparently you ARE a sensitive PC type because you brought this up to begin with.

Why do you bother to continue to listen to reggae if you see so much hypocrisy and inconsistencies in the music?

And even more perplexing, why do you come on this board and try to start @#$%& with people you have never met or a festival you have never attended??
March 02, 2016 03:17PM
@ BV - respects for your many contributions to this Phorum. I find myself in agreement with you on some topics and not in agreement with you on other topics. This is as it should be, as we are all different in background and life experience. I agree with you that bleaching one's skin in order to become more palatable to a white-centric society is an act of self-disrespect (at best). Being that you are a proud man of mixed race heritage, I understand completely your perspective and I respect that.

However, I agree with Nomo in this instance. I believe the picture in the poster, which appears to be the same one on her website, appears lighter due to technical aspects of the photograph. Do you believe that Dezarie bleaches? I do not for a second.

Think about it objectively -- who is Dezarie's target audience? I conjecture that they are one's for whom bleaching is also anathema. Having listened to all her albums thus far, all I hear is the clarion voice of a strong, confident Jamaican woman who takes pride in her heritage with no inkling of shame as to how light or dark her skin is. I think that, in this case, your implication that Dezarie is bleaching is wrong.
March 02, 2016 03:30PM
Walter
Having listened to all her albums thus far, all I hear is the clarion voice of a strong, confident Jamaican woman who takes pride in her heritage with no inkling of shame as to how light or dark her skin is..

Cruzan
March 02, 2016 04:16PM
“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned - well, everywhere there's war. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race - it's a war. And until there's no longer first-class or second-class citizens of any nation... Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes - it's a war. Until that day the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, and a rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained.”
― Haile Selassie I
March 02, 2016 04:37PM
Bless up, Iyah Trod, for the correction.
March 02, 2016 04:38PM
walter, i took BV to mean that whoever uploaded the photo to the website was doing the bleaching (as he says, photoshop filtering) and not meaning that dezarie herself bleaches.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 02, 2016 05:05PM
Don't forget the rest of the quote...

"And until the ignoble and unhappy regimes that hold our brothers in Angola, in Mozambique and in South Africa in subhuman bondage have been toppled and destroyed; Until bigotry and prejudice and malicious and inhuman self-interest have been replaced by understanding and tolerance and good-will; Until all Africans stand and speak as free beings, equal in the eyes of all men, as they are in the eyes of Heaven; Until that day, the African continent will not know peace. We Africans will fight, if necessary, and we know that we shall win, as we are confident in the victory of good over evil..."

AztecRasta
“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned - well, everywhere there's war. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race - it's a war. And until there's no longer first-class or second-class citizens of any nation... Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes - it's a war. Until that day the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, and a rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained.”
― Haile Selassie I
March 02, 2016 05:07PM
Never mind the critical thinking and black community issues....keep dancing, nothing to see here....
March 04, 2016 07:37PM
"LOVE IN YOUR MEDITATION," "THE FOURTH BOOK" and "EAZE THE PAIN" are all now available for purchase on Dezarie's Web Site.