Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sizzla Headlining ROTR 2016!

Sizzla Headlining ROTR 2016!
March 01, 2016 05:05PM
Caught by surprise and overjoyed on this one!

Sizzla Kalonji and the Firehouse band!!!
Kranium & Agent Saeco
Anthony B
Protoje & Indiggnation
Soul Syndicate Reunion
featuring Mad Professor
with Big Youth, Randy Valentine, Earl Zero & Marty Dread
Mbongwana Star
Yellowman
Million Styles
Jesse Royal
Fatoumata Diawara
Gappy Ranks
Sister Carol
Ziggi Recado
House of Shem
Jah 9 and dub treatment
No Maddz
Keznamdi
Locos por Juana
Mr. Williams
New Kingston
Addis Pablo
Democratoz
Newen Afrobeat
Jah Sun
Lion D
Dubtonic Kru
Meleku
The Ideals
Bayonics
The Dubbadubs
7th Generation rise
The overtakers
Re: Sizzla Headlining ROTR 2016!
March 01, 2016 06:04PM
Looks good!

I haven't been to ROTR since the late 2000 We use to fly into san fran from MN then hitchhike our way. Since SNWMF seems to fall on fathers day weekend, i might have to go back. Is the place still loaded with drunks and party kids? Hopefully its a little more tame??

Was thinking getting the ambassador pass. Love the thought of being on the side of the stage.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 06:41PM by s3izone.
March 01, 2016 06:14PM
Wow, Looking good! I may have to consider it this year. It's been years since I've seen Sizzla but I'm even more excited about Addis Pablo and Jah 9.
March 01, 2016 06:20PM
Jah Mike
Wow, Looking good! I may have to consider it this year. It's been years since I've seen Sizzla but I'm even more excited about Addis Pablo and Jah 9.

Fuh real! between Addis, Protoje, Jah 9, Jesse Royal and Keznamdi I can see some pretty amazing collaboration potentials! Looking much forward to seeing the tune Legitimate live with Protoje and Jah 9 together. Good to see the youths well represented on the line up.

s3izone- Reggae on the river is definitely a party vibe.. No beating around that bush. However, I will say that you can go there and have a very sacred experience with the music and the good people, despite the ongoing alcohol and drug thing. I know plenty of folks who go and bring their kids.. It's definitely not as much of a blatant party vibe as some of those edm or jam festivals.
March 01, 2016 07:33PM
This line up is right up my alley and I am super stoked on a lot of these artists. And there will be water!

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
March 01, 2016 07:59PM
Might be time to get back to the river...!
March 01, 2016 08:19PM
Wow, love the lineup and I will be there as always.....After last year tho I wonder how many of these artists will really be there? Not trying to be negative, just trying to be real. Has Sizzla secured his visa? After all the failed attempts does anyone have any actual info on this topic? I have my fingers crossed. Can't wait of SNWMF, then I will get excited about ROTR.
March 01, 2016 09:02PM
We'll see if Sizzla actually shows.. Can't help but wonder, for sure. I think that the ROTR people gotta be feeling pretty confident he'll show up if they put him as the top name on the line up.

I just reposted the line up I got emailed from the ROTR newsletter today. Doesn't seem like it's on the website yet but join the mailing list if you want something official.
March 02, 2016 01:41AM
March 02, 2016 05:52AM
I'm really hoping they give sizzla his Visa.. Last time he was suppose to come to Chico he got hated on.. The day I got my tickets in hand I found out the show was cancelled.. Looks like a solid dancehall lineup.. I hope they add a lil more roots too..
March 02, 2016 07:30AM
with all the no shows last year I really hope this lineup actually makes it to the stage... Ill be there regardless

Respect Same Way
March 02, 2016 03:21PM
Looking forward to that all-you-can-eat salad bar. smoking smiley
March 02, 2016 03:39PM
Sizzla getting his VISA would be IRIE!
March 02, 2016 04:50PM
shouldn't he get his visa before he is announced as the headliner?
March 02, 2016 05:06PM
mulligan

Come on Mulli...this is the reggae business after all....
March 02, 2016 06:58PM
mulligan

That's a difficult catch 22 in this industry.

In order to get the work permit, immigration usually wants an itinerary and proof of work (including signed contracts). On the flipside, most promoters don't wanna risk booking an artist unless they have a work visa... it's a hard situation all around
March 03, 2016 07:08AM
This is a super duper line-up! Best I've seen at a (U.S.) festival for years! Don't sleep on Mbwongana Star!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2016 07:08AM by Reggabe.
March 03, 2016 02:27PM
No visa for Miguel Collins.
Zimbabwe.
March 05, 2016 08:17AM
Tahoe, I'm totally confused. The only person that didn't make it last year was King Jammy and Pablo Moses. Who else didn't make it??? All of the other bands played. 2 out of 25 is pretty good.
March 05, 2016 04:31PM
Actually Westafari, Pablo Moses was there as a replacement for Jammy I believe. 1 of the best sets of the weekend IMHO. 1 other artists that I can't think of the name right now was absent as well if my memory serves me.

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
March 05, 2016 04:36PM
Protoje also was a no show at ROTR last year. Also I forget who Army was a replacement for, but wasn't originally on the line up.
March 05, 2016 04:54PM
Thanks roots, that was the one. winking smiley

March 05, 2016 05:10PM
Mr Williamz was a no show also.

Love that reggae!
March 08, 2016 07:48AM
Yep, i was wrong. Pablo Moses filled in for King Jammy. Protoje couldnt get a visa.
March 08, 2016 08:31PM
All good westi, I was wrong too.....once smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 08:32PM by Danny Crucial.
March 12, 2016 05:30AM
March 12, 2016 08:14PM
IRIE VYBZ
I'm really hoping they give sizzla his Visa.. Last time he was suppose to come to Chico he got hated on.. The day I got my tickets in hand I found out the show was cancelled.. Looks like a solid dancehall lineup.. I hope they add a lil more roots too..

If he makes it to the River i have already spoke with the booking agent and my old contract and DEPOSIT are to be honored. Everyone is very confident in his Visa approval and like Dr. Susses Said shows have to be booked to apply for the Visa. look for a California tour to come back in September. Reggae On The River will have the honor of his first show back.
March 14, 2016 08:03AM
'Let's not go overboard about Sizzla headlining ..he was great sandwiched between Mikey General and Luciano in 1997...and can we cut the 'will pooah Sizzwah get his vwisa? '...like the subject of Sizzla's visa whereabouts is more of an issue than any other artist trying to get to a festival out of country

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
March 14, 2016 05:34PM
But he DID headline at the river in 2008, and put on one of the best shows ever!

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 14, 2016 06:46PM
Yeah, that was a good set in 08 but @ that 'other' fest, not rotr....
March 14, 2016 07:34PM
HiGrade1
But he DID headline at the river in 2008, and put on one of the best shows ever!

One big artist after another that day and Sizzla killed it!
March 15, 2016 07:55AM
Having attended the event despite different names/bowl locations/ownership/management/whatever... it all blends together so we just call it "the river" around our house...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 22, 2016 08:47PM
[hypelifemagazine.com] Any question on the success of the appeal?
March 22, 2016 09:06PM
That's from 2013 Papa Ray. I don't know if he actually appealed or not but, given it's now 3 years later, my guess is that any further efforts were not successful as he hasn't been seen stateside since then.

I read an article a few weeks ago (that I can't find now) stating his U.S. Visa but that article had lots of 'misinformation' in it and the author never responded to my inquiry as where Miguel's petition stood in the process My best recollection is that one of Sizzla's US Visas was denied after his interview. Typically, the interview process is pretty pro-forma and doesn't happen until just before the artist departs for the US. Most artists 'declare they got their petition approved' even though they still need to pass their 'interview' at some later date......
March 29, 2016 09:37PM
Pretty cool that Sizzla might be playing at ROTR but IMHO Beres Hammond is as big of a draw playing at SNWMF this summer. Those two are on the top of my must see list and I cannot go to either festival this summer as I am paying for a wedding. My luck is bad with reggae the last few years.
April 04, 2016 01:05PM
"Rastaman Nah Apologize!!!!" Well we shall see...
April 12, 2016 11:05PM
Daddy U-Roy just addrd. Big ups!!!
April 13, 2016 01:09AM
Keida as well
April 14, 2016 11:19PM
Daily line up is out. Definitely gotta make Thursday this year.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login