Advanced

Where is Fantan Mojah?

Posted by westafari 
Where is Fantan Mojah?
March 21, 2016 10:09PM
Seriously, where has he gone?
Re: Where is Fantan Mojah?
March 21, 2016 10:55PM
Played this on my show last week. It's from a few months back.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2016 10:55PM by DJ Treez.
March 22, 2016 01:46AM
hes struggling to breathe due to him constantly wearing womens leggings... I wish him luck!
March 22, 2016 02:06AM
January release
[www.reggaeville.com]
March 22, 2016 02:45AM
Good question, compared to how fresh his music was when he first hit he definitely fell off. I guess it's hard to stay relevant, he has some real skills but I have heard him release some recycled cliche lyrics. Got to come fresh in the game today, too many good lyricists and writers. I'd say be cutting edge with the lyrics and not the style of pants.
March 22, 2016 03:40AM
What about turbulence? I remember him playing in the bay every now and then. Strong artist, not necessarily my fave, but one that had talent. I guess he never truly broke out, but still haven't heard from him in a while. Respect same way
March 22, 2016 04:13AM
yeah, him, Turbulence, Chezidek, Jah Mason, Lutan Fyah, etc... All promising young artists who are MIA these days. I think it's a sign of the state of reggae. Even Midnite broke up!
March 22, 2016 08:59AM
Lutan didn't fall off. Not even close.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 22, 2016 04:59PM
Fantan is an artist well and good, but not on the level of Turbulence, Chezidek, Jah Mason or Lutan Fyah.
Lutan, Turbulence and Jah Mason broke out long ago and each have their niches. Chezidek sameway, just later.

If you talking about clothes, I think both Fantan and Perfect could find a better consultant; for real!

Reggabe
yeah, him, Turbulence, Chezidek, Jah Mason, Lutan Fyah, etc... All promising young artists who are MIA these days. I think it's a sign of the state of reggae. Even Midnite broke up!
AJ
March 22, 2016 05:35PM
I liked his backpack.....drinking smiley

Hope to see his return to SNWMF after ten years.
March 22, 2016 07:56PM
I would love it if any of the artist mentioned in this thread would be invited to play again.
March 22, 2016 08:24PM
especially LUTAN FYAH pon di Valley Stage!

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 23, 2016 03:48AM
I definitely rate Lutan Fya and jah mason at the top, seen them back in 2001 in conans pub in Portland. They brought the fire back then and they still bring it today. Jah mason apparently doesn't travel to the US, but Lutan has killed it at SNWMF and reggae rising in the past. All the rest are solid but just not as present / relevant these days.
March 23, 2016 04:33AM
Dang, i just looked up a photo with him in camo leggings. Wtf??? So weird. Lol.
March 23, 2016 09:46PM
Yeah unfortunately Turbulence fell off because if he sang 100 tunes 90 of them were about Sasha. Apparently she was good, but damn.
He was the strongest Bobo chanter to follow the Sizzla/B/Shango era in the early mid 2000's.
Lutan Fyah is the strongest out of those mentioned and should be brought back.
Oh yeah and Perfect. Come on eh, heartical artist. His new tune on Trump is nice.
March 24, 2016 12:26AM
This was a year ago, but I continue to see things from Jah Mason. Has some seriously solid tracks, always enjoyed his vibe. Same with Lutan,

One of my favorites of Jah Mason:

March 25, 2016 12:45AM
I guess I wasn't clear. I rate all the artists I mentioned highly, & I think Fantan is on par with them, but just haven't heard or seen much of them the past few years (and NEVER have seen Jah Mason, unfortunately).
A few years ago Lutan Fyah was dropping multiple albums & touring through here 1-2 times per year... where is he now?
Chezi & Turbulence likewise were pretty hot for a while, now, crickets... ( i'm lucky i caught Chezi the 1 time he played @ Reggae Rising)

Now we do have the new crop of young talent coming through, Protoje, Chronixx, etc., but I still consider the other artists to be within their prime and thought we would be seeing more of them. I think it's a symptom of the state of reggae these days, it's just not as popular anymore. (although Protoje put on a great sold-out show last week in SF!)
March 25, 2016 11:44PM
strikkly
Oh yeah and Perfect. Come on eh, heartical artist. His new tune on Trump is nice.

I don't know about perfect, he seems to be more of a yeller than a singer in my opinion. Also as far as him being a heartical brethren, I remember him doing some serious backbiting with chronixx when he was beginning to make his way. Not a real humble brethren from how he dealt with all of Chronixx's fame and perhaps the lack of his own?
March 26, 2016 03:03AM
Oh well I missed that. I remember Perfect from when he first got his visa and came and did a show at Mighty SF with I-Wayne.
It does not seem like there is a lot of room for a bunch of artists to top rank in the Bay the way they do in JA.
He should not feel no way, besides the festival scene there are only so many shows in the Bay these days and guys like Chronixx, Protoje, Kabaka, Jesse Royal come fe take it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login