Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who should headline on Saturday Night...?

Posted by Daniel 
Who should headline on Saturday Night...?
March 26, 2016 04:34PM
Re: Who should headline on Saturday Night...?
March 26, 2016 04:39PM
It's either cocoa or beres. I want cocoa but I could see beres holding it down. They both have such a deep rotation of tunes, are amazing singers and total crowd pleasers. Me cyaan wait!!!
March 27, 2016 04:39AM
This poll is surprising to say the least. I think hands down Beres should Close, Cocoa Tea a close second! Lets do something different and not the same like the Don or Toots, always great performances from them but let an artist that rarely comes thru seal up the night!
March 27, 2016 02:07PM
If Alpha Blondy is bringing the Solar System, then that's who'd I'd want to see close. If not then Toots and the Maytals should close.
March 27, 2016 03:16PM
Cocoa Tea headlined in what '06?
Toots is huge but so is Beres.
Is closing the most coveted spot?
Is there actually more time in that slot?
Whatever it is the crescendo from Saturday afternoon to evening will be nothing short of BLISS!!!!!!
March 27, 2016 04:04PM
SIZZLA......HA hha ha...where has this question been all these years.....Junior Kelly should have headlined sat night...Biggest complaint of the last 20 years.....Toots will make a great headliner, and what a great welcome back to performing...Let him hear the loudest point in the crowd. I thought Alpha Blondy should headline Sunday night.
March 27, 2016 05:19PM
I think it should be Alpha Blondy, or possibly Beres. Please not Toots, he is a legend but the last couple times I saw him he seemed way past his prime. Don is awesome but not a headliner at this point, especially since he plays here practically every year.
March 27, 2016 07:32PM
Okay I say Alpha Blondy.
March 27, 2016 07:34PM
You can only vote on Facecrook so my vote stands here. Alpha Blondy.
March 28, 2016 01:29AM
depends on who's playing in the dancehall that night...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
March 28, 2016 02:09AM
Reggabe
I think it should be Alpha Blondy, or possibly Beres. Please not Toots, he is a legend but the last couple times I saw him he seemed way past his prime. Don is awesome but not a headliner at this point, especially since he plays here practically every year.
Alpha blonde and jimmy cliff co-headlined the last time alpha was ther and I think that situation works with beres. I agree that toots is way past his prime but deserves the legendary respect to perform prior to alpha and beres. I also agree with the statements on face book and here that new blood is needed other then no maddZ.
March 28, 2016 03:16AM
Hands down TOOTS.Past his prime? He IS prime.If not Toots,then Alpha Blonde .
March 28, 2016 03:48AM

I also agree with the statements on face book and here that new blood is needed other then no maddZ.

Etana, New Kingston, Fortunate Youth, Alaine and Mellow Mood are pretty much all 'new blood' in my book with more TBA....
March 28, 2016 04:08AM
I just know that the last time Toots played at Sierra he did not sound very good...
March 28, 2016 03:15PM
No facebook for me so I'll vote here as well. I say Cocoa Tea and its not even close for me.
March 28, 2016 04:39PM
Alpha> Beres Toots>Don
March 28, 2016 04:57PM
HiGrade1
depends on who's playing in the dancehall that night...

Right.
March 29, 2016 12:19AM
Octagon
This poll is surprising to say the least. I think hands down Beres should Close, Cocoa Tea a close second! Lets do something different and not the same like the Don or Toots, always great performances from them but let an artist that rarely comes thru seal up the night!

I'm Def with Mi good Friend Octagon on this 1! Nuff times you can see the Don & Toots over the yrs whether its at SNWMF... or a 1 off show somewhere on the the west coast or in the US for that matter. Beres and Cocoa are the rare treats thats pop in every 1s ina while. As Much as I love me some Cocoa Tea~> Beres should def get the Headline spot imo.
Yo Octagon~> member the dome thing a few yrs back when Cocoa touch down at Cooks Valley~>>> Oh Gosh!

one love-juan love
(SAPO)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2016 03:45AM by juanlove.
March 29, 2016 05:18AM
I was at that late night show. It was better than the actual ROTR festival at Benbow. What a disaster with having to take that yellow bus. Also, that Benbow venue sucked but Cooks was epic. I think it was Cocoa, Luton Fyan, and someone else that played at like 2 am. Maybe Fantan Mojah but can't remember. The dome back in the day!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2016 06:42AM by westafari.
March 29, 2016 05:33AM
Yeah that was a great show at Cook's and the sound was fantastic! Only time I've seen Cocoa Tea. It was him, Lutan Fyah, and Fantan Mojah. and yes it was better than the actual ROTR!
March 29, 2016 09:33PM
Beres Hammond with Don Carlos a close second only because I have seen Don a dozen times or so and never seen Bere's. Don Carlos imho plays consistanly the best set every time he plays. Legend
March 30, 2016 03:29PM
Beres, people will still have the energy on Sat night.
March 30, 2016 07:31PM
One of my favorite endings was when Don closed it down Sunday night (forget what year - I think he filled in for someone, Cocoa Tea maybe?) and singing happy birthday to Natalie. He always brings a great set.

I say all are about equally up to the task, I can see why it's up for a vote!
March 31, 2016 06:16AM
Beres. I could see Toots on the respect factor, but do we know for sure what we are gonna get? Give Toots a direct support slot and don't put the pressure on him of a certain expectation from the crowd. I'm sure some of us saw the set Beres put on at Rebel Salute.
March 31, 2016 06:06PM
Would love to have Beres headline Saturday! It's looking like Toots is in the lead though.
April 01, 2016 06:43AM
It looks lime Beres is our man!!! Bring it.
April 06, 2016 07:31PM
ALPHA BLONDY for sure. I'm always pretty played out by Sunday night and he finished the show on Sun night a couple years ago. Give this legend the excitement that happens on Sat. night!
April 07, 2016 06:59PM
Forward Rankin' Joe to headline on Sattaday night - in the Dancehall if not one of the two stages!
A must!
April 19, 2016 03:12AM
..... and my vote goes to Beres Hammond...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
April 19, 2016 03:14AM
Just like how the line up is on the website in order. Toots headline Friday, beres Saturday and alpha blondy on Sunday.
April 19, 2016 01:48PM
thumbs up

Jahsiah
Just like how the line up is on the website in order. Toots headline Friday, beres Saturday and alpha blondy on Sunday.
April 19, 2016 07:30PM
I like this order.Happy early 420...I'll be busy...
April 19, 2016 07:34PM
Line-up looks GREAT. Thankyou everyone at SNWMF for all the hard work it takes every year to pull this festie off. You make my vacation something I've looked forward to since the beginning.THANKS AGAIN!
April 19, 2016 08:27PM
Dubguy
One of my favorite endings was when Don closed it down Sunday night (forget what year - I think he filled in for someone, Cocoa Tea maybe?) and singing happy birthday to Natalie. He always brings a great set.

I have been informed that my festy memory isn't so hot, LOL. It was Cocoa Tea that sang happy birthday to her at the end for her 30th, and we're looking for a repeat performance this year for her 40th. At least I remembered it was one of the smooth crooners...!

Lots of great music on this lineup - another jam packed, must attend year!
April 19, 2016 10:28PM
Dubguy
I have been informed that my festy memory isn't so hot, LOL.

Who's is??? It's all a smoky blur to me...
April 20, 2016 03:23AM
Really looking forward to this year's FESTIVAL!!!!

I'd personally like to see Toots & The Maytals headline on Saturday Night!

Given how Toots Hibbert has been in recovery since that awful incident a few years ago, it would be great to welcome him back to the SNWMF stage in a big way!

Peace,
Bagga.....
April 21, 2016 11:21PM
new blood, fresh acts....KAbake Saturday night with Richiw Spice.
April 22, 2016 03:55AM
earl 16 should headline saturday night.

thanks.

gotta keep saying it until such time...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
April 22, 2016 05:47PM
According to SNWMF's facebook, Toots is playing Saturday.
April 23, 2016 02:03AM
IMO.. Alpha.. First time I heard Jerusalem I was........ smiling smiley
AJ
April 23, 2016 01:41PM
I always thought Pablo Moses would be a good headliner for the valley stage
Also a pipe dream would be Toots headlining the village stage Friday night.
Bottom line for me, is not whose headlining but the whole musical package.
Cheers
April 29, 2016 06:50PM
And the winner is..........

Toots & The Maytals
April 29, 2016 07:03PM
Even though I think that beres Hammond should headline Saturday, I think that this line up by day is awesome and I can already visualize who is performing where. With the exception of kabaka pyramid. What stage will he be performing?
April 29, 2016 07:22PM
Wednesday's FB post:

Kabaka Pyramid and The Bebble Rockers tore up the village stage of SNWMF in 2014, and they'll be bringing even more fire to the valley stage of SNWMF 2016 on Saturday, June 18th.

It'll be a couple more weeks until we announce the artists by day and stage......
April 29, 2016 09:21PM
Daniel, since I am performing with Lee Tafari, you guys have to make sure not to schedule Mellow Mood or Sara Lugo at the same time. hehe

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
AJ
April 30, 2016 03:02PM
Lineup by day........
Friday night...........
Would be extra nice if on the Valley Stage we had Don Carlos, Lee "Scratch" Perry & Pablo Moses one after the other.
It would also be extra nice just to stay put at one stage for a change.winking smiley
April 30, 2016 09:00PM
Yet another Saturday night letdown...
May 01, 2016 12:53AM
Reggabe
Yet another Saturday night letdown...[/quote

Well I for one am excited for Israel vibrations, kabaka pyramid and beres Hammond on Saturday!
Daniel can you tell me who will back beres and will the roots radicals and bebel rockers back ivibes and kabaka?
May 06, 2016 06:56AM
I just think Toots is underwhelming as a Saturday night headliner. The last time he played here he did not sound good, and that was 5 years ago! Still, the overall line-up is stellar, I just think you want to have someone to get excited about as the Sat. headliner. Toots doesn't cut it anymore...
May 06, 2016 08:05AM
Reggabe
I just think Toots is underwhelming as a Saturday night headliner. The last time he played here he did not sound good, and that was 5 years ago! Still, the overall line-up is stellar, I just think you want to have someone to get excited about as the Sat. headliner. Toots doesn't cut it anymore...

What an ignorant thing to say...
AJ
May 06, 2016 12:59PM
Walter
Reggabe

What an ignorant thing to say...

The last time I saw Toots was about three years ago in St. Louis (a few nights before the bottle incident.) Toots & his band literally killed the place.....standing room only, the good sized club was packed & jamming.
I've seen Toots around 15 times and always look forward to seeing him again........headlining or not.
IMO....Toots still puts out great new material over the past 10 years or so.He's still going strong.

Respect to Mr. Frederick "Toots" Hibbert
May 06, 2016 07:40PM
Walter, I'm not ignorant, and that's pretty lame to judge me like that. Been listening to & attending reggae shows since 1987. Have seen Toots numerous times, but I stand by my statement, although maybe I was a little harsh. Like I said, the last time he performed here he was underwhelming, but maybe he's back on top of his game? What is he like 75? Seems kinda old for a comeback. Always loved Toots and have mad respect for his contributions, I just think he is not worthy of a headlining spot IMO. Hopefully SNWMF 2016 proves me wrong...
May 21, 2016 03:07AM
YEAH!! AND THE CROWD GOES CRAZY!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login