Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ras trent denied ?

Posted by bigvein 
ras trent denied ?
April 05, 2016 01:53PM
are accusations of cultural appropriations coming to a 'boardie' near you ?
well this is just a start, and dont say i never did warn you..

Re: ras trent denied ?
April 05, 2016 03:50PM
If you want to have dreads weather you are black, white, yellow or purple that is your business. Nobody else has the right to say you can't. The lady in that first video is ridiculous! I couldn't care less what Bieber does.
April 05, 2016 04:23PM
chronicom420
If you want to have dreads weather you are black, white, yellow or purple that is your business. Nobody else has the right to say you can't. The lady in that first video is ridiculous! I couldn't care less what Bieber does.

chronic, you could feed the whole of africa, adopt 10000 african babies. nothing you do or say will matter
to the SJW or BLM types..
if you are on their target, then there is no stopping them and it looks like right now all their focus
is on non-blacks wearing locks. you will see in the coming days/week/months, where people will be
attacked and their locks cut off.. wearing locks is now seen as cultural appropriations and seen
as another form of micro-aggression.

as stated in another thread, its all cute and dandy when these berekely types scream down their neighbors bob, sue and becky about their racism.. but these guys in the hood dont give two frocks about any of that.
they are coming for your daughters, money, land, and blood..
i have seen this festering during my time as a 'concerned neighborhood volunteer'..
now that the SJWs and BLMs have broke out and have momentum, watch out now.
April 05, 2016 04:46PM
I guess SJW is social justice warrior. Not sure what BLM stands for. I've really never seen this as a problem until last week I saw the first video you posted. Seems beyond ridiculous to me, because as far as I'm aware dreads aren't strictly from african culture. Vikings had dread, people from india had dreads, and native americans had dreads. Maybe the SJW's should do a little research into history and get off their high horse. Who am I to tell another man what style they can or can not wear. As far as them coming for my daughter, money, land, and blood, I think you may have gone a little overboard there but that is my opinion.
April 05, 2016 05:16PM
A few thoughts regarding this:

1. When I grew locks, as a practicing Rasta in the late '80s-early 90's, there were virtually NO African Americans growing them. To me, back then, if one was growing locks as a non-Rasta, they were fashion dreads.

2. While it is true that locks can be found in Africa, they can also be found in many other ancient societies...India, German, etc. not to mention locksmen of the Tibetan Buddhist faith today...where does appropriation begin and end, and who has the monopoly on said cultural hairstyles.

3. If one were to give up the comb and let their hair grow naturally, it would most likely knot up...not sure what culture that would fit into.
April 05, 2016 05:41PM
yeah, it only takes one viral instance of something like this for it to take off.
in the video she asked for some scissors but wasnt successful in sheering his locks.
however, watch in the near future how some clown looking to claim fame succeeds in
cutting someones locks. i can see it now.. the meem will be of some smiling guy holding a mass of locks in his hand.
the tagline will read .. "conquering mount sheer-o-jima" .

chronicom420
I guess SJW is social justice warrior. Not sure what BLM stands for. I've really never seen this as a problem until last week I saw the first video you posted. Seems beyond ridiculous to me, because as far as I'm aware dreads aren't strictly from african culture. Vikings had dread, people from india had dreads, and native americans had dreads. Maybe the SJW's should do a little research into history and get off their high horse. Who am I to tell another man what style they can or can not wear. As far as them coming for my daughter, money, land, and blood, I think you may have gone a little overboard there but that is my opinion.
April 05, 2016 06:21PM
The Indigenius 'Medicine Wheel' history. The 4 surviving Earth races born from the same Grandmother/Grandfather ... all equally loved and blessed to live in harmony. The plan got broken - but that become our present curriculum to learn to 'love through the darkness' ... now in this time of the emerging 'Global Village' we free to build the new common consciousness from the best of all, while still cautioned to put all choices to the litmus test of 'discerning spirits'. And, when the 4 races come together in ceremony - that will be the start of the healing of this Earth dimension.

"When you repeat a mistake, it's not a mistake any more - it's a decision" - Paulo Coelho (author of 'The Alchemist'
April 05, 2016 11:42PM
The SJW crowd cracks me up. She gets all indignant about Trent's choice of afrocentric hairstyle, all the while her buddy with the epic high top fade - cant tell if Kid or Play - gets a pass for dressing like a white hipster metrosexual lol.

Pretty sure its fake regardless.
April 06, 2016 12:05AM
yeah.. its a slippery slope.. cause once you start pressing the trents of the worlds, then you have to
press the shaniquas too..
meaning.. if trent or trentina cant rock their dreads, then niqua and them cant rock the korean, indian, brazillian hair hats.
oh yeah.. throw away the hair straightening chemicals and hot irons..

what a mess..

where has marcus garvey gone ?

Randys
The SJW crowd cracks me up. She gets all indignant about Trent's choice of afrocentric hairstyle, all the while her buddy with the epic high top fade - cant tell if Kid or Play - gets a pass for dressing like a white hipster metrosexual lol.

Pretty sure its fake regardless.
April 06, 2016 04:49PM
bigvein
are accusations of cultural appropriations coming to a 'boardie' near you ?
well this is just a start, and dont say i never did warn you..

entitled and ignorant are a bad combination
April 06, 2016 05:27PM
BLM = Bureau of Land Management
BLM = what conservatives derisively call the 'Black Live Matter' movement.
BLM = a railway in Switzerland (Bergbahn Lauterbrunnen-Mürren)
BLM = a law firm (Berrymans Lace Mawer)
BLM = a private Heliport located 13 miles southeast of Prineville in Crook County, Oregon
BLM = symbol for the Bloom syndrome RecQ like helicase gene
BLM = Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum, a history museum located in Braunschweig, Germany
BLM = the FAA Location Identifier for the Monmouth Executive Airport in Monmouth County, New Jersey
BLM = the alpha-3 country code for Saint Barthélemy, one of four territories among the Leeward Islands in the northeastern Caribbean that comprise the French West Indies
BLM = Biotic Ligand Model, a tool used in aquatic toxicology that examines the bioavailability of metals in the aquatic environment and the affinity of these metals to accumulate on gill surfaces of organisms

As usual, I am here to help... smoking smiley
April 06, 2016 05:36PM
I thought ALM
April 06, 2016 05:51PM
IYah_Trod
I thought ALM

your mico-aggression is making me feel unsafe..
April 06, 2016 06:33PM
One of those few instances where I can count my blessing living in Mississippi!
Micro aggression hasn't really made it into the vernacular down these parts yet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login